What consitutes a "LIVE TRADING CALL"

What Constitutes a "LIVE TRADING CALL"

• Option1

Votes: 22 88.0%
  • Option2

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Come on Pete lad, step up to the oche. it will take a few seconds to post that you have definitely entered a trade at a certain price with a defined stop and a exit price. Its just how trades are called, nothing out of the ordinary.

Come on Pete lad, step up to the oche. it will take a few seconds to post that you have definitely entered a trade at a certain price with a defined stop and a exit price. Its just how trades are called, nothing out of the ordinary.

Hi Mike

I know I infuriate other members with calls like this on Christmas eve

See below

Plan to come up with a even more precise method for certain calls.

By the way - all my stops are set in stone for every trade - never over 7 pips with minimum 3 pips soft stop if spreads under 0 5 pip.

Pity so many just dont understand how I trade - even when I go to great lengths to explain. Glad MM took the time and effort - he too will be able to be the new FX intraday expert in another 3 years or so ;-)

EU

7 02am

After a new daily and yearly low of 2166/7 yesterday - price pulled back to the 2188 area and supports are now being seen around 2170 -75

Not in any scalp trade for now although from 6 51 am it was a scalp buy around 2174

7 31 am

EU

Well I had to at 7 09 am end of hr TW

It was 2176 and I am glad half of traders who look at my comments have not got a clue about my trading methods and understand how I trade

High so far 2186 - so down to 30% at 84 and will only keep that on above 75

7 48 am

EU at 2191

Exiting 30% stake at 21902

Will look at getting another trade on a buy if we stay above 84 on pullbacks

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mike

Regards

Peter

8 38 am

Just out of interest - that next EU scalp buy I called with pullbacks staying above 84 - as just made 2199/2200. Shame went for EJ scalp buy instead and ignored EU - but the call - was SPOT ON

;-))))

Lost Posts Update

As things stand, it's not looking good. Sharky may try and restore the thread to how it was at the end of play yesterday, but I fear today's posts (of the ones I tried to move) will be lost for good. If that happens, I shall have to throw myself at the mercy of the forum. Luckily for me it's Christmas - the season of goodwill etc., so I'm sure I have nothing to fear!

Hi everyone,
I'm sorry to inform you that my little mishap yesterday is more serious than I first thought. T2W has a backup 'staging' site, but that's only updated at the end of the day. So, the thread history is in tact until about midnight on Monday 22nd. Unfortunately, my understanding is that there's no easy way of transferring posts from the backup staging site to this site. The best I could do would be to copy and paste content from the staging site into one or two posts here. Can any subscribers to the thread - especially those of you whose posts are missing, please let me know if you think this is worth doing.

As per my comment last night about throwing myself at the mercy of the forum, please accept my apologies for what was sheer incompetence on my part. No excuses, no mitigating circumstances, I royally messed up big time. I really am very sorry and will endeavour to ensure nothing like this ever happens again.
:eek:

In the meantime, 12WBT has started a new thread on the tick charts / time charts discussion, so anyone wishing to pursue that topic can do so here: Can-tick-charts-time-charts-combined-into-single-chart

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.
Tim.

PS. In due course, I will ask the Mods to housekeep this thread and delete off topic content (mostly by me) regarding the missing posts and transfer any residual ones about tick / time charts to the other thread.

Don't be hard on yourself Tim , dont waste your time its not worth it IMHO , there is no discussion to begin with , its a stupid discussion after all , Fxmo is dead wrong .

Don't be hard on yourself Tim , dont waste your time its not worth it IMHO , there is no discussion to begin with , its a stupid discussion after all , Fxmo is dead wrong .

exactly.
Ridiculous conversation and no loss to the forum.
Most of the posts were just people attempting to use the simplest of analogies to try to find a way that someone on the slow side (F) could understand what is already a very simple concept.
Eventually we kind of got there!
Hard work, though.

Only 25-50 ...MM can do that in a day ....tthe apprentice becomes the master

So TRUE

The apprentice / imaginary student ( as referred to by Tar - I like that ) could easily overtake the master in the next few years - due to many reasons.

With regards to returns - as you pointed out - if I only can do 25 -50% (roc) on my live capital account and Major Magnum as already a few times done returns of over 25% per day on a live account - why is that ??

I am sure you will know - but many will not - so its important to point it out to newbie traders - who think if professional top institutional traders only make 25 -50% per annum - how can anybody do it in a day.

Well its all down to risk and size of capital.

If I was trading myself with a say 5 million dollar capital account - I would be delighted on make just 25% return over a year. If I was trading with just a $500 capital account - and I said great i have made say 30% in a year - I would say great if it was just a couple of trades and less than say 5 hrs work - but that return is useless in real terms

MM on one of his small live accounts traded with 2% of capital per trade. I trade on my main live capital account normally at under 1% and on many 30% stake wins -its under 0 2% of capital per trade.

So pro rata it and then if MM decided to trade with say 5% of capital per trade on a small live account - ( high risk ) - he would have made over 60% return live on his trading day. But if he traded at just 0 5% capital - it best day live would be only about 6 or 7%

Can a FX trader on a retail live account make over 200+ % increase on their account in a year - For certain - if they are experienced and good at their skill

Can a Institutional FX trader make 200% on a $50 million account in a year

No way

Merry Christmas

Regards

F

I actually agree with Tar and his lacky ( lexcorp )

Please dont be hard on yourself for not being able to achieve with what you tried to undertake

With this particular argument - it was silly and just because people don't understand that "tick " is also a measurement of time - it really was not worth the effort - so i will carry on calling my 5 second or 10 second "tick" chart the same as a 13 tick chart - even though the technicalities behind them are different and accepted.

Just as i call in some instances a bull or bear flag in a difficult tight range a BTTZ ( Bermuda Triangle Tease Zone ) - and that is certainly not the terminology used by the Industry ;-)

I am sure though Tim - you will want to know what went wrong with the transfer - so it does not happen again for any more far important issues - and GL with that

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Regards

F

I agree with lexcorp - who has perfectly summed up the gist of the whole thing anyway - and tar and the others Tim, absolutely no loss to the forum, so don't worry or be hard on yourself.

:)

Merry Christmas

570x321

I actually agree with Tar and his lacky ( lexcorp )

Please dont be hard on yourself for not being able to achieve with what you tried to undertake

With this particular argument - it was silly and just because people don't understand that "tick " is also a measurement of time - it really was not worth the effort - so i will carry on calling my 5 second or 10 second "tick" chart the same as a 13 tick chart - even though the technicalities behind them are different and accepted.

Just as i call in some instances a bull or bear flag in a difficult tight range a BTTZ ( Bermuda Triangle Tease Zone ) - and that is certainly not the terminology used by the Industry ;-)

I am sure though Tim - you will want to know what went wrong with the transfer - so it does not happen again for any more far important issues - and GL with that

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Regards

F

Could you please post some sort of evidence to the fact that a tick is a measurement of time other than your head

p.s
I have asked him this on the tick /time thread so as not to pollute this one any more

Last edited:
lol

You have to admit F has got thick skin....which is indispensable in this kind of trading

Do you really think F is talking most of the time BS?

8 02 am

EJ

does not want to go under 36 by look of it

Yes had to jump in scalp buy at 39 - not the price I wanted - but all my clues said with TW buy

We need over 52 to hold the scalp buy on longer - but will take what positive pips I can for now

8 15 am

EJ now made so far 51 and down to 30% stake at 48 and banked 8 pips at 70% stakes

Will we make over 52 ??

Dont know yet - but structure on EJ is price bullish for this part of session

Wednesday 31st am

Perfect examples of my LIVE CALLS and there accuracy

Example on the EJ - Eur/Jpy in a time window

I am planning to adapt in New Year to a different format to just rub it in more

(y)

lol, that's not a 'live call' :LOL:

What the F is it then ??????????

At 8 02 am I said i scalp bought the EJ at 39

At 8 15 am - ie 13 mins later - the price had moved up to 51

So in 13 mins a 12 pip move up - ( real live time ) and I banked 70%

This is live "now" trading - not fortune telling - guessing etc etc

My stops as all and sundry know are between 3 and 7 pips with the norm of 5 pips

I mentioned needing 52 to hold on to the buy for longer

We made 51 - thats why I exited 70%

That to me is a real LIVE CALL

Just like all FX charts under 1 minute or 60 seconds are TICK CHARTS by time definition

ROFLMAO

Happy new year to all the old school losers ;-)

Regards

F

lol, sorry mate. have to 100% disagree.
You're wrong on every comment in that post.
Have a good one (I know i will!!)

Wednesday 31st am

Perfect examples of my LIVE CALLS and there accuracy

Example on the EJ - Eur/Jpy in a time window

I am planning to adapt in New Year to a different format to just rub it in more

(y)

Live call my ****

No, time of entry, no price at entry, no target, so stop loss. :whistle:whistling:whistling, just same old, state a price and come back later saying you made X.

Your comment "just to rub it in more", how old are you, thats something I would expect an immature child to say, nobody is after copying you or replicating what you do (say you do), just clarity as to the price you got on entry and the time entered to confirm the "area" you state are trade target areas. Making a state "just to rub it in", makes you look a fool and you wonder why people get on you back. :mad::mad: