What Constitutes a "LIVE TRADING CALL"

• Option1

Votes: 22 88.0%
  • Option2

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PB

I am not blind by the way - and normally over 10k hrs watching live chart movements at the "coalface"
Cheers
coalface.jpeg

Have a nice xmass F-remember to wash prior to din dins lol;)

Example of a live call by one of the "old school" members - today

Back to the thread Topic

i cannot agree with either Option 1 or Option 2 - its need a better more specific definition to me - if this is going to be the new standard

For example Tar - a trader I respect who trades FX and Indices quoted this at 1 06 pm UK time

Post 58743 on http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indices/120172-anyone-scalping-ftse-futures-5875.html

Short UJ 119 90

Now I have not got a clue on Tar's stop size ( every member on this forum knows mine )

I have not got a clue on his target - ie did he grab 6 pips and exit ??

Now from my set up - I would no way be selling it at that time - its still in an up bias bull session price structure - ie different to PA

If Tar has a 50 pip stop or even 100 pip stop fine - and if his target his 100 -200 pips plus fine

But i just wish I knew his plan?

Now I say all proper followers of my live calls know my plans - but so many old school members don't think my calls are clear at all

I wish Tar well with his trade and hope it turns during the Asian session or tomorrow

Regards

F

Interesting -

Tar called this call on the Indices thread at just after 1 06 pm UK time

I have attached chart to show when i would look at selling

183662d1419281247-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-uj-221214-tar-call.png

Last edited:
A live call trade without a SL is not a live call in my view, when (if) the SL is trailed a new post needs to be made at the time, TP is not a must.

In the case of F where he trades without an hard SL, he need to status what is the max risk he will take in term of pips for that pair at the time of his entry, but if he has an hard stop only for the live calsl the better.

Last edited:
@Paul a.k.a. Sharky. ---- Hi Paul -- Have you actually read some of the comments on this thread ? If you have not I would suggest you do as it contains a great deal of what is wrong with T2W in my opinion.

T2W needs a major overhaul , radical changes , new ideas. I noticed your thread and couldn't help but smile " How can T2W better serve its community? " and the result was a few minor cosmetic changes that have made little difference if any to the content on here.

It is no surprise to me that 4 of the 5 most viewed threads contain nothing or next to nothing about actual trading ! This speaks volumes ! Stop and think about that Paul.

Posting this implies I care , I don't , I don't even know why I'm posting this ! I've passed the point of no return a long time ago. It's difficult to stop the habit of the last 10 years of logging in daily only to now get frustrated with myself for having wasted the last 30 minutes or so reading this type of crap.

I must make a concerted effort not to log on so often.

Merry Christmas to all.

Back to the thread Topic

i cannot agree with either Option 1 or Option 2 - its need a better more specific definition to me - if this is going to be the new standard

F

It will be specific, no fuzzy edges, concise and clear for all to see and most importantly understand.

i think any contest will have to be done through a platform rather than live calls, because it would be unfair on BSD if @BSD posted properly like:
''LONG HERE NOW at xxxx'' where everyone knows he is now in, and where from exactly, whereas F would call it like:
''Possible scalpy longs over xxxx and xxxx, possible scalpy shorts below xxx and xxx - will take the trade if the price action looks correct and it holds the levels properly in thetime window tease Zone on my 15 second volume tick chart etc etc'' and then only claim to have taken the trade AFTER it has moved in any direction by a decent amount.

Wuoldn't be a fair playing ground.
He doesn't seem to understand yet (though based on current evidence this will 'sink in' after about 1 year of people drilling it into his head! :)) that ANYONE - Even someone who has never placed a single trade in their life, could post in teh same way and easily give teh (false) impression of mountains of profit

Reactions: BSD
My God - you must live in another world to me

Even my only imaginary student - ie Major Magnum - showed a live account after 8 months of tuition with a 27% increase in one day from 24 trades with just I think 2 wrong - with no trade taken with over a 2% stake

I average 25 % to 50% per month on an average $70k account - but never compound

I am in a different world to 85% of all intraday traders on any forums - but there again - I should be after 13 yrs of trading only FX and 7 years Full time

Maybe you did not know that ??

Must pop out - but around later if you want to continue a 2 way slanging match -

If not - see you for a Live call contest next year

Regards

F
Only 25-50 ...MM can do that in a day ....tthe apprentice becomes the master

i think any contest will have to be done through a platform rather than live calls, because it would be unfair on BSD if @BSD posted properly like:
''LONG HERE NOW at xxxx'' where everyone knows he is now in, and where from exactly, whereas F would call it like:
''Possible scalpy longs over xxxx and xxxx, possible scalpy shorts below xxx and xxx - will take the trade if the price action looks correct and it holds the levels properly in thetime window tease Zone on my 15 second volume tick chart etc etc'' and then only claim to have taken the trade AFTER it has moved in any direction by a decent amount.

He doesn't seem to understand yet (though based on current evidence this will 'sink in' after about 1 year of people drilling it into his head! :)) that ANYONE - Even someone who has never placed a single trade in their life, could post in teh same way and easily give teh impression of mountains of profit

Instrument, direction, entry and SL, that will be enough, you also can see how long it took to post from the time of entry which is important.

In the case of F which does not use an hard stop, he needs to tell at the time of entry how many pips he will risk max, but that can also became a bit dodgy, I suggest to him to place an hard stop when he calls a live trade to not create confusion.

In the case a SL is trailed, that also need to be post as soon as possible, normally all after 5 seconds.

this is what I think and what I do when I do it.

EDIT: just saying long EU @ 1.2261 will not be enough, that is not a live call in my book. A SL needs to be defined.

Last edited:
Reactions: BSD

He doesn't seem to understand yet (though based on current evidence this will 'sink in' after about 1 year of people drilling it into his head! :)) that ANYONE - Even someone who has never placed a single trade in their life, could post in teh same way and easily give teh (false) impression of mountains of profit

Lol exactly !!!

But like I said, if F indeed opens a single account at one of the social trading sites and generates decent returns even remotely close to the claims he keeps making I'll be the first to offer a full blown apology.

Merry Christmas :)

Merry Christmas everyone and be good to yourself and especially to the one close to you.

Wish you all peace and harmony.

Fzsy