War with Iran

The question really HAS to be asked as to how far can mentally unbalanced leaders be tolerated by the rest !

Mental instability plus nuclear weapons poses a very significant threat to all

If only President Truman had banned ALL other countries from developing nuclear weapons in 1946 we would not be in this sorry condition !!

A classic example of weak leadership from a well meaning man

The question really HAS to be asked as to how far can mentally unbalanced leaders be tolerated by the rest !

Who qualified you to determine anyone's mental stability?

Iran hasn't attacked another nation for many a year, unlike the United States for which it is standard operating procedure. The United States is the only nation to have used nuclear weapons and has threatened to use them on many occasions - more that all other nations combined.

Same old crap to justify imperial domination - they are so evil/mad they must be stopped at any cost. Some people will swallow any old garbage.

Agree.

America is right at the top of the list for state sponsored terrorism, illegal wars , friendly fire deaths and war losers.

Quite a country !!!!

And besides that the President of Iran is probably no more mentally unbalanced than George W Bush.

Mental instability plus nuclear weapons poses a very significant threat to all

If only President Truman had banned ALL other countries from developing nuclear weapons in 1946 we would not be in this sorry condition !!

A classic example of weak leadership from a well meaning man

As long as it takes to get hurt.

All leaders, whether balanced or unbalanced, have the gift of the gab. All peoples like to hear their leaders sounding off. Mussolini, Hitler, Kruschev (pounding his shoe at the UN) all the way through to Mugabe, Bush, Blair, Chavez, the Arabs and this one in Iran, whose name I can never remember. These are just a few.

These have all been cheered on, in their time, only to become unstuck later. Unfortunately, the unstuck part affects us all. I don't believe that there is any solution to it because we are all, by nature, patriotic. Just like football fans but far more dangerous, especially if we have the fire power

Some further comment on the Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant. As I posted it is a Russian VVER-1000 pressurized light water reactor. It is quite different from the Russian RBMK that went bang at Chernobyl.

The VVER has to be shut down for refueling unlike the RBMK which could be refueled during operation. This makes it all but useless for producing weapons grade plutonium. To do the latter requires fuel to be changed frequently to obtain Plutonium 239 to the requisite purity in the irradiated fuel. The RBMK was a dual purpose reactor and could be used for making electricity and plutonium for bombs. The VVER has a single purpose - generate electricity.

The VVER is also much, much safer than an RBMK - thankfully as the world does not need any more RBMKs (or Chernobyls).

Iran as hella pipelines through it as far as I know and I just assumed that all this was just to perpetuate the "sophisticated west vs crazy brown barbarians" propaganda machine so they can try obtain cheap logistics for the oil/minerals etc they obtained in their various operations in the Middle East.

Can't really see Iran going anywhere though looking at Afghanistan. If these soldiers can't suppress the Taliban then what the hell are they going to do against better organised military units that still have Russian backing? Also the Chinese aren't very happy about he way Iran is being treated are they?

Iran as hella pipelines through it as far as I know and I just assumed that all this was just to perpetuate the "sophisticated west vs crazy brown barbarians" propaganda machine so they can try obtain cheap logistics for the oil/minerals etc they obtained in their various operations in the Middle East.

Can't really see Iran going anywhere though looking at Afghanistan. If these soldiers can't suppress the Taliban then what the hell are they going to do against better organised military units that still have Russian backing? Also the Chinese aren't very happy about he way Iran is being treated are they?

What if the strategy is to disrupt China's growth and energy supply lines by attacking Iran? China gets most of its oil from Iran (I think)...

China is snapping up land and rights as well as investing heavily in infrastructure in Africa. I reckon that's their long game.

Who qualified you to determine anyone's mental stability?

Same old crap to justify imperial domination - they are so evil/mad they must be stopped at any cost. Some people will swallow any old garbage.

Surely you don't consider Mad-and-bad's outbursts against Israel as just normal do you ?
Time and again he has expressed the desire to wipe them off the map for good. Well he won't do that without nuclear weapons and that will trigger a nuclear exchange.
His latest rant about the USA bombing itself by organising 9/11 - is utterly ridiculous.

If you think he is just being comical, then you are deluding yourself. His behaviour may be normal in your neck of the woods but considered dangerous by most people. If he was a normal citizen nobody would worry but a man dedicated to slaughter millions then I for 1 worry.

Fancy him living next door and threatening to kill you ? Maybe you are nuts as well ?

Surely you don't consider Mad-and-bad's outbursts against Israel as just normal do you ?
Time and again he has expressed the desire to wipe them off the map for good. Well he won't do that without nuclear weapons and that will trigger a nuclear exchange.
His latest rant about the USA bombing itself by organising 9/11 - is utterly ridiculous.

If you think he is just being comical, then you are deluding yourself. His behaviour may be normal in your neck of the woods but considered dangerous by most people. If he was a normal citizen nobody would worry but a man dedicated to slaughter millions then I for 1 worry.

Fancy him living next door and threatening to kill you ? Maybe you are nuts as well ?

That's just Israel PR and propoganda crap to justify its attrocities and expansion in the area. Even Israelli intelligence doesn't believe Iran will launch a nuclear attack. Moreover, Israel has clear expansion policy in the region and even Christian Lebanon feels threatened by Israel.

As for 9/11 there are literally 1000s of US army and civil engineers disputing the events and speed of clear up operations leaving no time for investigation. So many questions and no answers. Yes terrorists may have flown the aircraft but they had a lot of help and eyes turned the otherway.

Anyone who things Building7 and Pentagon attacks and vaporised aircraft that fell out of the sky are for real need some screws adjusting... As for twin towers well enough said.

I AM SO SURPRISED SOME PEOPLE AFTER ALL THE EVIDENCE CAN'T SEE WHAT IS IN FRONT OF THEIR NOSES... Shocking stuff. :eek:

should hook bushes balls up to some mains voltage and feet in a bucket of water, should get some interesting revelations

I know!!! He's bonkers!

Imagine someone moved next door to you and then told you they waned you out. Imagine they then started bullying you and stopping you from going to work, then they put a cage around your house and started getting their mates round and ransacking your house.

Israel has it so hard lol.

You need to learn to understand the difference between political rhetoric and reality. The only real sabre rattling coming from Iran has been warnings of retaliation if it is attacked. No threats of preemptive strikes.

From the other side of the fence there have been repeated threats of attack and military exercises by Israel purported to be a rehearsal for an attack.

Iran is exceedingly unlikely to attack anybody unless in retaliation. It does not have the military capacity to do so. It would be really ill advised and the leadership in Iran is perfectly aware of that.

You need to learn to understand the difference between political rhetoric and reality. The only real sabre rattling coming from Iran has been warnings of retaliation if it is attacked. No threats of preemptive strikes.

From the other side of the fence there have been repeated threats of attack and military exercises by Israel purported to be a rehearsal for an attack.

Iran is exceedingly unlikely to attack anybody unless in retaliation. It does not have the military capacity to do so. It would be really ill advised and the leadership in Iran is perfectly aware of that.

Are you so well informed on the internal workings of the Iranian mind ?

Seems to me you are swallowing their propaganda hook-line-and-sinker.

Iran has a huge revenue from its oil exports. Pakistan has the bombs and a dire shortage of cash. Put these facts togethor and there is the possibility.

What better end than a martyrs death

72 virgins await the conquering heroes

The time bomb is ticking and the feeble World leaders have already left it too late imo

In a speech to the UN General Assembly, Mr Ahmadinejad said it was mostly US government officials who believed a "powerful and complex terrorist group" was behind the four suicide plane hijackings in 2001.

Another theory, he said, was "that some segments within the American government orchestrated the attack to reverse the declining American economy, and its grips on the Middle East, in order to save the Zionist regime".

"The majority of the American people as well as most nations and politicians around the world agree with this view," Mr Ahmadinejad told the 192-nation assembly.

A third theory, he said, was that a terrorist group was exploited and aided by the Americans to carry out the attacks on New York and the Pentagon that claimed nearly 3,000 lives.

yeah well

I'm surprised he forgot to mention UFOs

Or that he has personally seen Elvis in a UFO in Tehran

:)

Are you so well informed on the internal workings of the Iranian mind ?

Seems to me you are swallowing their propaganda hook-line-and-sinker.

Iran has a huge revenue from its oil exports. Pakistan has the bombs and aOU dire shortage of cash. Put these facts togethor and there is the possibility.

What better end than a martyrs death

72 virgins await the conquering heroes

The time bomb is ticking and the feeble World leaders have already left it too late imo

You are clearly in denial imho Pat...

Fact v political nonsense that is doled out.

You talking grapes again too. Obviously you've run out of clear concise arguements and have to refer to newspaper dribble...