The Truth about Oil

JTrader

OPEC: Expect Unlimited Oil Prices With Iran Bombing
OPEC: Expect Unlimited Oil Prices With Iran Bombing
Post industrial revolution nears under globalist system of fear and war

Steve Watson
Infowars.net
Thursday, July 10, 2008

The head of Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries has warned that the world faces unlimited oil and gas prices should an attack on Iran take place.

Abdalla Salem El-Badri, the OPEC secretary general, told reporters that because Iran is the second-largest producing country in OPEC, providing four million barrels of oil a day, the output would be impossible to replace.

Since August 2007, the price of oil has doubled from under $70 per barrel to more than $140 per barrel and rising.

With prices showing no sign of dropping, it is certain that any attack on Iran would spur on the rise for the foreseeable future.

It is clear that should an increasingly likely attack on Iran take place, the effects on the already shattered and dilapidated world economy would be devastating. Unlimited oil and gas prices will result in massive redistribution of resources from consumers to producers, and by making transportation and production that uses petroleum as an input, it will severely stunt economic growth. In short, war with Iran would kick off a worldwide energy crisis and an instant recession.

While neocon talking heads scramble to convince the masses that speculators are to blame for high prices, and not our governments, anyone who thinks for themselves knows that two continuing and escalating wars in the middle east, ongoing operational preparations to attack Iran and our slavery to inflationary monetary policies are the direct cause of high energy prices.

As Congressman Ron Paul succinctly stated last week before the House:

In order to pay for the war that has been going on, and the domestic spending, we’ve been spending a lot more money than we have. So what do we do? We send the bills over to the Federal Reserve and they create new money, and in the last three years, our government, through the Federal Reserve and the banking system, has created $4 trillion of new money. That is one of the main reasons why we have this high cost of energy and $4 per gallon gasoline.

But there is another factor that I want to talk about tonight, and that is not only the fear of inflation and future inflation, but the fear factor dealing with our foreign policy. In the last several weeks, if not for months, we have heard a lot of talk about the potential of Israel and/or the United States bombing Iran. And it is in the marketplace. Energy prices are being bid up because of this fear. It has been predicted that if bombs start dropping, that we will see energy prices double or triple. It is just the thought of it right now that is helping to push these energy prices up. And that is a very real thing going on right now.

As long as this environment of fear and threats exists, and as long as the people continue to accept life under this system, our standards of living will continue to diminish and we face the very real possibility of a "post-industrial revolution," which in layman's terms translates as a global economic crash, another great depression and the total evisceration of the middle class.

Which is exactly to the liking of the elite globalists who continue to profit from the degradation of the rest of humanity.

As we have previously reported, The ultra-secretive Bilderberg Group, a consortium of power brokers from banking, business, politics, academia and oil, met in Munich Germany in May 2005 when crude oil prices were around the $40 a barrel mark.

During the conference, Henry Kissinger told his fellow attendees that the elite had resolved to ensure that oil prices would double over the course of the next 12-24 months, which is exactly what happened.

During their 2006 meeting in Ottawa Canada, Bilderberg agreed to push for $105 a barrel before the end of 2008. This information was gleaned from sources inside Bilderberg who have proven reliable in the past. That figure has already been surpassed by $35 dollars as oil shot up past $140 dollars a barrel last week.

Now there is serious debate about oil crashing the $200 dollar a barrel level and beyond in the next year. If anything, the plan to hike oil prices up to $200 is on an accelerated course.

A report by Goldman Sachs Group Inc. in May forecasted that oil prices will reach $150 to $200 dollars a barrel within 2 years, a figure in line with the ultra-elite Bilderberg's plans to squeeze the middle class and lower the living standards of westerners.

Around the same time, JPMorgan Chase & Co announced that they will begin trading oil by the end of the year with the bank's global head of commodities saying that the market could rise to $200 a barrel.

Earlier this month Libya's leading oil official, Shokri Ghanem, told Bloomberg TV: "It is out of our hands. $200 a barrel is not logical but even $135 is not logical, so yes oil could reach $200 a barrel. Why not?"

Gazprom, Russia’s gas monopoly, has also predicted that oil will even surpass $200 and reach $250 a barrel in 2009.

Far from having a crystal ball that allows us to divine the future, we were able to accurately predict the soaring cost of oil by simply listening to what the power brokers themselves were saying, through moles that managed to infiltrate Bilderberg meetings and obtain the information.

far from having a crystal ball that allows us to divine the future, we were able to accurately predict the soaring cost of oil by simply listening to what the power brokers themselves were saying, through moles that managed to infiltrate Bilderberg meetings and obtain the information

And I thought it was because the ballooning population was using a finite resource faster than i was being processed:eek:

UTB

And I thought it was because the ballooning population was using a finite resource faster than i was being processed:eek:

UTB

Man, you have been spoon-fed controlled establishment media lies and propaganda for far too long!

Turn off your television :mad::LOL:!

The Myth Of Peak Oil
The Myth Of Peak Oil

Paul Joseph Watson & Alex Jones | October 12 2005

Peak oil is a scam designed to create artificial scarcity and jack up prices while giving the state an excuse to invade our lives and order us to sacrifice our hard-earned living standards.

Publicly available CFR and Club of Rome strategy manuals from 30 years ago say that a global government needs to control the world population through neo-feudalism by creating artificial scarcity. Now that the social architects have de-industrialized the United States, they are going to blame our economic disintegration on lack of energy supplies.

Globalization is all about consolidation. Now that the world economy has become so centralized through the Globalists operations, they are going to continue to consolidate and blame it on the West's "evil" overconsumption of fossil fuels, while at the same time blocking the development and integration of renewable clean technologies.

In other words, Peak oil is a scam to create artificial scarcity and drive prices up. Meanwhile, alternative fuel technologies which have been around for decades are intentionally suppressed.

Peak oil is a theory advanced by the elite, by the oil industry, by the very people that you would think peak oil would harm, unless it was a cover for another agenda. Which from the evidence of artificial scarcity being deliberately created, the reasons for doing so and who benefits, it’s clear that peak oil is a myth and it should be exposed for what it is. Another excuse for the Globalists to seize more control over our lives and sacrifice more American sovereignty in the meantime.

The lies of artificial scarcity

The crux of the issue is that if oil was plentiful in areas in which we are being told by the government and the oil companies that it is not, then we have clear evidence that artificial scarcity is being simulated in order to drive forward a myriad of other agendas. And we have concrete examples of where this has happened.

Three separate internal confidential memos from Mobil, Chevron and Texaco have been obtained by The Foundation for Taxpayer and Consumer Rights.

These memos outline a deliberate agenda to gouge prices and create artificial scarcity by limiting capacities of and outright closing oil refineries. This was a nationwide lobbying effort led by the American Petroleum Institute to encourage refineries to do this.

An internal Chevron memo states; "A senior energy analyst at the recent API convention warned that if the US petroleum industry doesn't reduce its refining capacity it will never see any substantial increase in refinery margins."

The Memos make clear that blockages in refining capacity and opening new refineries did not come from environmental organizations, as the oil industry claimed, but via a deliberate policy of limitation and price gouging at the behest of the oil industry itself.

The mystery of Eugene Island 330 and self-renewing oil supplies

Eugene Island is an oil field in the gulf of Mexico, 80 miles off the coast of Louisiana. It was discovered in 1973 and began producing 15,000 barrels of oil a day which then slowed to about 4,000 barrels in 1989.

But then for no logical reason whatsoever, production spiked back up to 13,000 barrels a day.

What the researchers found when they analyzed the oil field with time lapse 3-D seismic imaging is that there was an unexplained deep fault in the bottom corner of the computer scan, which showed oil gushing in from a previously unknown deep source and migrating up through the rock to replenish the existing supply.

Furthermore, the analysis of the oil now being produced at Eugene Island shows that its age is geologically different from the oil produced there after the refinery first opened. Suggesting strongly that it is now emerging from a different, unexplained source.

The last estimates of probable reserves shot up from 60 million barrels to 400 million barrels.

Both the scientists and geologists from the big oil companies have seen the evidence and admitted that the Eugene Island oil field is refilling itself.

This completely contradicts peak oil theory and with technology improving at an accelerating pace it seems obvious that there are more Eugene Islands out there waiting to be discovered. So the scientific community needs to embrace these possibilities and lobby for funding into finding more of these deep source replenishing oilfields.

The existence of self-renewing oil fields shatters the peak oil myth. If oil is a naturally replenishing inorganic substance then how can it possibly run out?

The future of oil

This year in particular we have seen a strong hike in oil prices and are being told to simply get used to it because this is the way it is going to be. In the wake of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita gas prices have shot up amid claims of vast energy shortages. Americans are being asked to turn off lights, change thermostat settings, drive slower, insulate homes and take other steps. Meanwhile the oil companies continue to make record profits.

Flying in the face of the so called peak oil crisis are the facts. If we are running out of oil so quickly then why are reserves being continually increased and production skyrocketing?

In the 1980s OPEC decided to switch to a quota production system based on the size of reserves. The larger the reserves a country said it had the more it could pump.

Earlier this year Saudi Arabia reportedly increased its crude reserves by around 200 billion barrels. Saudi oil Is secure and plentiful, say officials.

“These huge reserves enable the Kingdom to remain a major oil producer for between 70 and 100 years, even if it raises its production capacity to 15 million barrels per day, which may well happen during the next 15 years,”

Is this the normal course of behavior if we are currently at the peak for oil production? The answer is no, it's the normal course of action for increasing production.

There have also been reports that Russia has vastly increased its reserves even beyond those of Saudi Arabia. Why would they do this if they believed there would be no more oil to get hold of? It seems clear that Russia is ready for unlimited future production of oil.

There is a clear contradiction between the peak oil theory and the continual increase in oil reserves and production.

New untapped oil sources are being discovered everywhere on earth. The notion that there are somehow only a few sources that the West is trying to monopolize is a complete myth, promulgated by those raking in the massive profits. After all how do you make huge profits from something available in abundance?

A Wall Street Journal article by Peter Huber and Mark Mills describes how the price of oil remains high because the cost of oil remains so low. We are not dependent on the middle east for oil because the world's supplies are diminishing, it is because it is more profitable to tap middle east supplies. Thus the myth of peak oil is needed in order to silence the call for tapping the planet's other plentiful reserves.

Richard Branson has even stated his intention to set up his own refinery because the price of oil is artificially being kept high whilst new sources are not being explored and new refineries not being built.

"Opec is effectively an illegal cartel that can meet happily, nobody takes them to court," Branson has said. "They collude to keep prices high."

So if more refineries were built and different resources tapped, the oil prices would come down and the illegal cartel OPEC would see profits diminish. It is no wonder then that the argument for peak oil is so appealing to OPEC. If no one invests to build refineries because they don't believe there is enough oil, then who benefits? OPEC and the oil elites of course.

It seems that every time there is some kind of energy crisis, OPEC INCREASES production. The remarkable thing about this is that they always state that they are doing it to ease prices, yet prices always shoot up because they promulgate the myth that they are putting some of their last reserves into the market. Analysts seem confused and always state that they don't believe upping production will cut prices.

In a recent report the International Monetary Fund projected that global demand for oil by 2030 would reach 139 million barrels a day, a 65 percent increase.

"We should expect to live with high and volatile oil prices," said Raghuram Rajan, the IMF's chief economist. "In short, it's going to be a rocky road going forward."

Yet independent analysts and even some within OPEC seem to believe that the demand for oil is diminishing. Why the contradiction?

The peak oil and demand myth is peddled by the establishment-run fake left activist groups, OPEC and globalist arms such as the IMF.

Rolling Stone magazine even carried an article in its April issue heavily biased towards making people believe the peak oil lie.

The Scientific evidence also flies in the face of the peak oil theory. Scientific research dating back over a hundred years, more recently updated in a Scientific Paper Published In 'Energia' suggests that oil is abiotic, not the product of long decayed biological matter. Oil, for better or for worse, is not a non-renewable resource. It, like coal, and natural gas, replenishes from sources within the mantle of earth.

No coincidence then that the Russians, who pioneered this research have pumped expenditure into deep underground oil excavation.

We have previously scientifically exposed the scam behind peak oil. Here is a 1 hour+ audio clip featuring Alex Jones' comments on peak oil and then the analysis of respected scientific commentator Dr. Nick Begich who presents evidence to suggest the idea of Peak oil is artificial.

A dangerous fallout precedent being set is that people on both the left and right believe wars are being fought in order to tap the last reserves of oil on the planet. The "coalition of the willing", whoever they may be for any given war, will not pay particular attention to refuting this claim because it allows them a reason to start and continue said war.

Even though many will see it as immoral, many will subconsciously attach it as a reason for the war. In reality the war is purely for profit, power and control, oil can be a part of that, but only if the peak oil claim is upheld.

If we continue to let the corrupt elite tell us we are wholly dependent on oil, we may reach a twisted situation whereby they can justify starvation and mass global poverty, perhaps even depopulation, even within the western world due to the fact that our energy supplies are finished.

Peak oil is just another weapon the globalists have in their arsenal to move towards a new world order where the elite get richer and everyone else falls into line.

Last edited:
:D
Man, you have been spoon-fed controlled establishment media lies and propaganda for far too long!

Turn off your television :mad::LOL:!

did prisonplanet tel you to say that?;)

J - i've told you before I'm tool lazy to read long spiel like that you've attached. Before I get to the end, someone will have pasted a link to counter it.

Humour me would you? Is there a finite supply of oil? Will the demand soar due to population growth and £1,000 cars in India / China?

Edit - I've just read the snippet that says it's really being produced all the time. I'll box in with green men, ghosts and religion.

UTB

:D

did prisonplanet tel you to say that?;)

J - i've told you before I'm tool lazy to read long spiel like that you've attached. Before I get to the end, someone will have pasted a link to counter it.

Humour me would you? Is there a finite supply of oil? Will the demand soar due to population growth and £1,000 cars in India / China?

UTB

1. I could chose articles from sources other than prisonplanet. I just happen to think they are the most professional in terms of using wide-ranging sources, referencing their sources, deconstructing the lies and misinformation withh official documents etc. that they will provide links to etc.

2. You might argue that i copy & paste too much. Sadly, i don't have the time, to regurgitate their article into my own words, and then provide all the links etc. In any case what would be the point.

3. If you want to know the facts, stop being a lazy tw*t and read the article ;).

4. If you can't be arsed reading the articles etc. why bother replying to the posts/thread :confused::?:.

If you were a member of a book club, and were given a homework assignment to - lets say - read a book based on a non-fictional event like the JFK assasination before the next class, but you only read the 1st chapter, lost interest, and decided your time was better spent smoking fags, eating kebabs and watching football, would you still turn up at the next class and readily offer your opinion as to what you thought the book was about, and how it should be interpreted etc.?

Me personally, I'd either a)not attend the class until i'd finished the book, b) attend the class and keep quiet, hoping i wasn't asked any questions about the book c) stop going to the class until they'd moved on from JFK, d) attend the class, briefly explain i'd not read the book and that there's no point in asking me anything about the book, but that you are happy to quietly sit in and listen to the discussion anyway, and you may read the book later.

I certainly wouldn't go along to the book club and say, well, I'm too lazy to read the book, but I'll tell you what i think happened to JFK anyway, but just for the sake of it, can you sum up what it said in the book.:eek:

Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
Experts Push “Peak Oil” Scam to Predict $15 a Gallon Gas Prices

Infowars
May 26, 2008

Editor’s Note: The following video is a prime example of hysterical “Peak Oil” scaremongering. In fact, there is no shortage of oil — the reserves are increasing, not decreasing. Consider the following examples: In 2006, Chevron announced a huge oil discovery in the the Lower Tertiary zone of the Gulf of Mexico, described as “one of the nation’s biggest oil discoveries in decades,” and Brazil discovered giant new offshore oil fields in 2005 (expected to produce 773 million barrels of oil by 2025). Add to this BP’s discovery of new oil fields near the Shetland Islands, recent discoveries in the Timor Sea, Yemen, Tunisia, Libya, offshore Trinidad, in Pakistan, Angola, in the Ordovician Red River Strata of southeastern Saskatchewan, and elsewhere. Earlier this month, the Kurds of northern Iraq announced a major oil find, estimated at about 2 billion barrels. In the last 20 years, known reserves have doubled. Currently there are somewhere in the neighborhood of 680 billion barrels of Middle East reserve oil alone.

Add to this an “intriguing theory now permeating oil company research staffs suggests that crude oil may actually be a natural inorganic product, not a stepchild of unfathomable time and organic degradation. The theory suggests there may be huge, yet-to-be-discovered reserves of oil at depths that dwarf current world estimates,” writes Chris Bennett (see Lindsey Williams interview below). “Deeply entrenched in our culture is the belief that at some point in the relatively near future we will see the last working pump on the last functioning oil well screech and rattle, and that will be that. The end of the Age of Oil. And unless we find another source of cheap energy, the world will rapidly become a much darker and dangerous place.” It is a meticulously nurtured myth.

Peak Oil takes a page from publicly available CFR and Club of Rome strategy manuals that say global government needs to control the world population through neo-feudalism by creating artificial scarcity that will result in massive social unrest, widespread famine, and endless war. $15 a gallon gas will most certainly help this agenda along.
From David Edwards and Raw Story, May 24:

Robert Hirsch, senior advisor for Science Applications International Corporation, sat down with MSNBC’s Alex Witt to discuss the possibility of an upcoming oil crisis. Hirsch says that gas could reach $15/gallon within a few years because it is “essentially certain” the world has reached the maximum levels of oil production.

“The problem is that there’s not that much oil left in the ground,” Hirsch says. “What we’ve done is been very fortunate to have oil production increase as our economies have developed over the past decades. And now we’re reaching a point where we’re about to get, or we may be, at the maximum world oil production. After that, oil production will then decline and prices, of course, will continue to do what they’ve been doing recently. So what we’ve got today may be the ‘good old days.’”

Hirsch addressed the timeframe in which the US could see $15/gallon gas: “It could happen within a matter of months. It could happen within a matter of a few years. But it’s essentially certain that we are at the maximum of world oil production. And after that, we’ll go into decline, and when there’s much less oil available, then, of course, the price of oil is going to increase dramatically.”

Fuels, heating oil, and consumer products that rely on petroleum will all be impacted by the decline in world oil production. Hirsch estimates the world GDP declining at the same rate as oil production.

Raw Story video from MSNBC’s News Live, broadcast May 24, 2008.

Pickens has said quite clearly that oil is a finite product that could easily reach $200 per barrel next year and that it will, not yet, but eventually, reach $800.

He said that he is not drilling for more oil but is investing in wind power.

He said the West is at war with those that have the oil, Not with guns but with energy as the main armament. We, either, get something else, quick, or we go down the pan economically.

Unfriendly noises can be heard from all over, but three countries are loudest. Iran, Venezuela and Russia.

Do you, really, believe that? I'm no Pickens but I can see the logic in all of that.

We're running out, mate. The signs are all there to see but

There is no one blinder than he who will not see. Forget the refinery shortage. That's a stop gap problem.

Split

Do you, really, believe that? I'm no Pickens but I can see the logic in all of that.

We're running out, mate. The signs are all there to see but

There is no one blinder than he who will not see. Forget the refinery shortage. That's a stop gap problem.

Split

split - read my previous comments - It was Jtrader's leg I was pulling.

As sure as the sun will rise in the morning, we will run out of oil.

(unless the BBC says otherwise:D)

UTB

Secret report: biofuel caused food crisis | Environment | The Guardian
Secret report: biofuel caused food crisis

Internal World Bank study delivers blow to plant energy drive

* Aditya Chakrabortty
* The Guardian,
* Friday July 4, 2008
* Article history

Corn used for biofuel

A handful of corn before it is processed. Photograph: Charlie Neibergall/AP

Biofuels have forced global food prices up by 75% - far more than previously estimated - according to a confidential World Bank report obtained by the Guardian.

The damning unpublished assessment is based on the most detailed analysis of the crisis so far, carried out by an internationally-respected economist at global financial body.

The figure emphatically contradicts the US government's claims that plant-derived fuels contribute less than 3% to food-price rises. It will add to pressure on governments in Washington and across Europe, which have turned to plant-derived fuels to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases and reduce their dependence on imported oil.

Senior development sources believe the report, completed in April, has not been published to avoid embarrassing President George Bush.

"It would put the World Bank in a political hot-spot with the White House," said one yesterday.

The news comes at a critical point in the world's negotiations on biofuels policy. Leaders of the G8 industrialised countries meet next week in Hokkaido, Japan, where they will discuss the food crisis and come under intense lobbying from campaigners calling for a moratorium on the use of plant-derived fuels.

It will also put pressure on the British government, which is due to release its own report on the impact of biofuels, the Gallagher Report. The Guardian has previously reported that the British study will state that plant fuels have played a "significant" part in pushing up food prices to record levels. Although it was expected last week, the report has still not been released.

"Political leaders seem intent on suppressing and ignoring the strong evidence that biofuels are a major factor in recent food price rises," said Robert Bailey, policy adviser at Oxfam. "It is imperative that we have the full picture. While politicians concentrate on keeping industry lobbies happy, people in poor countries cannot afford enough to eat."

Rising food prices have pushed 100m people worldwide below the poverty line, estimates the World Bank, and have sparked riots from Bangladesh to Egypt. Government ministers here have described higher food and fuel prices as "the first real economic crisis of globalisation".

President Bush has linked higher food prices to higher demand from India and China, but the leaked World Bank study disputes that: "Rapid income growth in developing countries has not led to large increases in global grain consumption and was not a major factor responsible for the large price increases."

Even successive droughts in Australia, calculates the report, have had a marginal impact. Instead, it argues that the EU and US drive for biofuels has had by far the biggest impact on food supply and prices.

Since April, all petrol and diesel in Britain has had to include 2.5% from biofuels. The EU has been considering raising that target to 10% by 2020, but is faced with mounting evidence that that will only push food prices higher.

"Without the increase in biofuels, global wheat and maize stocks would not have declined appreciably and price increases due to other factors would have been moderate," says the report. The basket of food prices examined in the study rose by 140% between 2002 and this February. The report estimates that higher energy and fertiliser prices accounted for an increase of only 15%, while biofuels have been responsible for a 75% jump over that period.

It argues that production of biofuels has distorted food markets in three main ways. First, it has diverted grain away from food for fuel, with over a third of US corn now used to produce ethanol and about half of vegetable oils in the EU going towards the production of biodiesel. Second, farmers have been encouraged to set land aside for biofuel production. Third, it has sparked financial speculation in grains, driving prices up higher.

Other reviews of the food crisis looked at it over a much longer period, or have not linked these three factors, and so arrived at smaller estimates of the impact from biofuels. But the report author, Don Mitchell, is a senior economist at the Bank and has done a detailed, month-by-month analysis of the surge in food prices, which allows much closer examination of the link between biofuels and food supply.

The report points out biofuels derived from sugarcane, which Brazil specializes in, have not had such a dramatic impact.

Supporters of biofuels argue that they are a greener alternative to relying on oil and other fossil fuels, but even that claim has been disputed by some experts, who argue that it does not apply to US production of ethanol from plants.

"It is clear that some biofuels have huge impacts on food prices," said Dr David King, the government's former chief scientific adviser, last night. "All we are doing by supporting these is subsidising higher food prices, while doing nothing to tackle climate change."

split - read my previous comments - It was Jtrader's leg I was pulling.

As sure as the sun will rise in the morning, we will run out of oil.

(unless the BBC says otherwise:D)

UTB

That we agree is the important thing. Apart from the BBC, of course. A wonderful organisation. The envy of the world. If it wasn't for the Beeb, birks like me wouldn't get half the news that I base my posts on. :whistling

I might be missing your point - are you posting links to anything that Government's say that has been countered by someone else?

Rest assured, I think we all agree that Governments both get it wrong and spin / lie.

It doesn't mean we're sectretly being controlled by martians:cool:

UTB

As i said on the other thread the blades, if you lack the simple skills to perceive and interpret how my posts, and any articles i include, not only relate to the topic being discussed, but also to see how they inter-connect/are inter-related within the topic under discussion as a whole, perhaps you are a bit out of your depth trying to grasp the subject matter in the first place.
Of course, as i have said previously, actually reading the articles helps.

I don't know, but we don't know the real purpose of this. Am getting sick receiving news of Oil prices going up. There is no shortage i guess, but there is something we should find out.

As i said on the other thread the blades, if you lack the simple skills to perceive and interpret how my posts, and any articles i include, not only relate to the topic being discussed, but also to see how they inter-connect/are inter-related within the topic under discussion as a whole, perhaps you are a bit out of your depth trying to grasp the subject matter in the first place.
Of course, as i have said previously, actually reading the articles helps.

to be honest, your posts are both too lengthy and abstract for me to follow. It's the material of fantasists that is easily countered - and spending time following it would simply be a number of minutes of my life I'll never get back.

I've clearly rattled you cage when I only intended to pull your leg - for that I'm sorry.

I think you need to create another poll;)

UTB

Interesting thoughts and posts on Peak Oil, JTrader.

If oil was a renewable resource, then a study should be done to replicate the process in the laboratory to verify it. Even if it was done roughly, it could prove whether oil could be created in a matter of days or weeks rather than millions of years.
Must admit, have always been curious why Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen cant simply be mixed in a lab to create whatever chemical combo we wanted. I mean, we can create alcohol by fermenting sugars, cant we? And alcohol can be used to run engines.
But, I think its the ENERGY content of the bonds that makes oil so valuable. (and the energy required to make oil artificially may be greater than the energy content of the artificail oil; something to do with entropy, perhaps)
If it could be replicated, then the issue of scale is next challenge.

I would be more impressed by links to scientific journals where the theory of oil being renewable was discussed (and attempts to prove it; goodness sake, thats a NOBEL prize-winning research, isnt it?) rather than New World Order stuff.

Being pedantic, just because there are "more" reserves being found, doesnt mean oil is replenishing itself. It means, maybe, that we are looking in places we didnt look before.

You dont use a titchy telescope and say there are "many hundreds" of stars. Then, using a more powerful telescope, say there are "many thousands" of stars, therefore stars are replenishing themselves?
Similarly, the solar system doesnt replenish itself of planets because we have discovered the outer planets.

There appears to be more oil/stars/planets because we have become better at building instruments at detecting, and better equipment to exploit the oil reserves that may, even a few decades ago, been beyond our technological grasp.

Good stuff, though, JTrader.
My perspective, admittedly small-minded focus, is to say, if oil is replenishable, where are the scientists chomping at the bit to prove it in a lab?
sorry to be practical.

EDIT: I tend not to be too concerned about politics and agendas, but focus on practicalities of physics, chemistry, maths and engineering for my conclusions as to what can be done or cannot be done.

Interesting thoughts and posts on Peak Oil, JTrader.

If oil was a renewable resource, then a study should be done to replicate the process in the laboratory to verify it. Even if it was done roughly, it could prove whether oil could be created in a matter of days or weeks rather than millions of years.
Must admit, have always been curious why Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen cant simply be mixed in a lab to create whatever chemical combo we wanted. I mean, we can create alcohol by fermenting sugars, cant we? And alcohol can be used to run engines.
But, I think its the ENERGY content of the bonds that makes oil so valuable. (and the energy required to make oil artificially may be greater than the energy content of the artificail oil; something to do with entropy, perhaps)
If it could be replicated, then the issue of scale is next challenge.

I would be more impressed by links to scientific journals where the theory of oil being renewable was discussed (and attempts to prove it; goodness sake, thats a NOBEL prize-winning research, isnt it?) rather than New World Order stuff.

Being pedantic, just because there are "more" reserves being found, doesnt mean oil is replenishing itself. It means, maybe, that we are looking in places we didnt look before.

You dont use a titchy telescope and say there are "many hundreds" of stars. Then, using a more powerful telescope, say there are "many thousands" of stars, therefore stars are replenishing themselves?
Similarly, the solar system doesnt replenish itself of planets because we have discovered the outer planets.

There appears to be more oil/stars/planets because we have become better at building instruments at detecting, and better equipment to exploit the oil reserves that may, even a few decades ago, been beyond our technological grasp.

Good stuff, though, JTrader.
My perspective, admittedly small-minded focus, is to say, if oil is replenishable, where are the scientists chomping at the bit to prove it in a lab?
sorry to be practical.

EDIT: I tend not to be too concerned about politics and agendas, but focus on practicalities of physics, chemistry, maths and engineering for my conclusions as to what can be done or cannot be done.

As you suggest - we could make oil - but in the end the energy you get out wold have to be put it. Similar with Hydrogen, it will only be produced in plentifull supply by cracking water - and burning it will produce.......water. So the energy most come from elsewhere.

Nuclear is the only option. Unless Jtrader is correct.

UTB

Nuclear is the only option. Unless Jtrader is correct.

I agree although the world supply of the raw materials for this is also running out. The French and Russians saw this coming over 20 years ago and have invested heavily in this area. Successive UK governments did nothing and now we are being held to ransom by foreign energy companies.

I also agree that the demand by developing nations has had a big impact on oil. Whenever key resources become scarce it always results in war and in my view we are very likely to see a lot more of this especially as the world population is expected to rise by 50% in the next 20 years.

I can also see a scenario where the whole of the western world joins forces to invade and completely take over Iran. This may seem extreme but when westernised nations see the possibility of capitalism collapsing which is eminently possible with very high oil prices then they could believe that they have no choice but to take extreme measures to ensure its continuance.

Paul