Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
How comes you closed your DAX position WS? Surely with the German Investor figures coming in lower than expected you would expect DAX to fall further?

Just trying to get an insight on your thinking here. Or are you a pure techinals man?

:)

I don't trade based on news my friend, only charts

this is why i have closed

chart tells all

my variable are not bearish

look at oil and euro ................still holding strong

but looking at that chart it is bearish, bear flag ............

but we always get a bounce at gap fill

Attachments

• Germany 30 Daily (13-OCT-09).png
    Germany 30 Daily (13-OCT-09).png
    18 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
We are just kidding marketdynamics

We really appreciate your input market dynamics and i am really fascinated with your time cycles, something i certainly need to learn

I would appreciate any books or websites in order to learn the concept

I wish I could suggest some sites. I must have read hundreds over past few years and none really give a complete picture. Look up WD GANN on the internet and you will find many of his methods. I've given up on some of his methods and embraced some others and made my own modification. For starts you can look at
Price Time Volume Investing — Stock Market Cycles, Gann Angles and Squares

cycles
you will find some books and reference here.

cheers

Finally she blows,

Been stalking this all morning! Inside bar on 4H from yesterday, 15 M gave me entry.
First Out side bar at 10:15 then inside bar all on resistance level (double bottom)

Attachments

• Spot FX USD_CHF (13-OCT-09).png
    Spot FX USD_CHF (13-OCT-09).png
    26.3 KB · Views: 130
Here is 15M to make it clearer.

Attachments

• Spot FX USD_CHF (13-OCT-09).png
    Spot FX USD_CHF (13-OCT-09).png
    21.9 KB · Views: 129
Here is 15M to make it clearer.

We are looking at exactly the same thing! Funny how when you are sitting by yourself you think you are the only one with your little window looking at your little scene unfold, til you see someone post the exact picture!

10,250 since the asian session was range low, as you have there, touched twice to confirm. I never trade first break, but the break of the corrective bar on lower tf when price returns so it proves not a fake breakout. Nice trade, glad you caught it too.

USDCAD had pretty much exactly the same set up, did you trade that also?

Anyone else see a head and shoulders pattern forming on Oil on the dailies? Peak of 2nd shoulder is around 7320? Which would be the June high from the first shoulder?

Also reports suggesting a less severe winter in US could mean surplus inventories due to unsold stock.

Hi all. My TA's on FTSE say it is overbought and should go down but trend continues to be up so I am not confident going short. Thinking of waiting for pull back to 5210 and then going long with target of 5225. Views anyone?

Damn that was a quick 60 pips on g/j and u/j long. locked in 60 and still holding tryna squeeze out more pips if i can...

We are looking at exactly the same thing! Funny how when you are sitting by yourself you think you are the only one with your little window looking at your little scene unfold, til you see someone post the exact picture!

10,250 since the asian session was range low, as you have there, touched twice to confirm. I never trade first break, but the break of the corrective bar on lower tf when price returns so it proves not a fake breakout. Nice trade, glad you caught it too.

USDCAD had pretty much exactly the same set up, did you trade that also?

No, was watching AUSUSD, inside bar 2 days running, that broke nicely to the upside too.

bearish osc div on the E$ daily + H1

short @ 836

i'll open a bigger short if it falls through my channel roof and then rejects it as res

EDIT: stop to BE

EDIT: i'm looking for a H1 candle to open below 827 now...not lookinf too hot though as it's now on the upside of my channel again...hope i didn't fall into a bear trap

Attachments

• channel roof.png
    channel roof.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
I was just talking to a friend of mine about trading, and I ended up saying this:

"Greed will keep you in the market at the wrong time, and fear will keep you out of the market at the right time"

I dont know if this has been said before, but I think its a good psychological reminder. At least for me, therefore sharing it with you my fav lot :)

I was just talking to a friend of mine about trading, and I ended up saying this:

"Greed will keep you in the market at the wrong time, and fear will keep you out of the market at the right time"

I dont know if this has been said before, but I think its a good psychological reminder. At least for me, therefore sharing it with you my fav lot :)

... it's a game you can only play, but can never win

5158 holds key for FTSE. Following the first pin bar the current hourly has found it hard to break lower. If it doesn't make a lower low then we have a double low looking for a higher close to signal a breakout to the upside.

Similarly, oil forming a triple bottom formation as well.

5158 holds key for FTSE. Following the first pin bar the current hourly has found it hard to break lower. If it doesn't make a lower low then we have a double low looking for a higher close to signal a breakout to the upside.

Similarly, oil forming a triple bottom formation as well.

2 hourly invalidated first pin bar. No long signal yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.