Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes God Bless America and American Dollar, cause I have a short bias on indices :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

be careful with your short my friend as Euro threatening to take out 1.48 today

which mean equities could certainly break

5200 FTSE
1080 SP500
nasdaq 1750

Last edited:
question !!!

Its great reading all your posts. I have been away, so missed a number of old posts. Just going through them now.
I am gaining a lot of information from what you discuss. But I see less posts now. Any reasons ??
I have been reading about various charting techniques on the internet .. however, to turn this into action I guess I need to get hold of a good charting software at the first place.
Can someone suggest which software to go for charting? I also need yr advice on which shares to monitor on a regular basis to gain from their picking/fading momentum.
How to scan from thousands of shares for possible opportunities? Do you guys use any scanning tool?
Any advice or pointers will be helpful.

Many thanks in advance.

GLD PULLING BACK SLIGHTLY ON THE STRONGER DOLLAR

GLD is pulling back a little today as the dollar is higher this morning. As of this moment it does not appear to be anything more than a small pullback after a huge advance. A break below the 102.66 20 moving average would signal a move down to 102.00 and possibly 101.30 the gap window area support.

gld%2010_9_09.bmp

afternoon everyone,

Its great the USA is finally being recognized for their peace keeping activities around the globe during this century, they are willing to send thousands of soldiers miles around the globe to save one human life.
HAHA you must be having a laugh right??

Bagesh .... I regularly follow this thread but have never posted on it before. I do trade successfully and promise you I have no connection with WS. He has never heared of me.
If you google Taiwan stock exchange day traders you will find a document of research carried out by the University of California. Over a four year period they studied the trades of every day trader - a total of 925,000 accounts. The accounts were devided into various sections depending upon trading criteria. Here are a few conclusions:
!00% of traders that dabbled with occasional trades lost. yep 100% lost.
Those traders that lost over the past six months also lost over the next six months.
Those traders that won over the past six months also won over the next six months.
82% of ALL traders lost.

It took me several years to trade consistantly profitably. If I had my time again the best investment I would make would be to start with an experienced one to one mentor such as WS. Imo if any newbie trader can't afford a mentor he has very little chance of being one of the 10% winners unless he has unlimited time and deep pockets.

Last edited:
euro looking bearish
10 min data
upside count/blue is active.however,down columns are longer
a break below 1.46500 activates the last count to 1.4460 area
looks to be short those rallies

5u1sg2.png

pivot .shows nicely on the daily.
short from the pivot,uneless it breaks
an important note...the retrace columns from the pivot get longer
20pts by 3.hilo
20axqx4.png

One to keep an eye on.
AUDUSD inside bar on Daily.

Attachments

• Spot FX AUD_USD (09-OCT-09).png
    Spot FX AUD_USD (09-OCT-09).png
    13.5 KB · Views: 124
The real earnings season kicks next week with the big bank bellweathers JPM, GS, BAC, GE and flows heavy the following week forward. GOOG and IBM also big .also bellweathers reoport on thursday
Econ reports this week:
Oct 14 08:30 Export Prices ex-ag. Sep
NA NA 0.8%
Oct 14 08:30 Import Prices ex-oil Sep
NA NA 0.4%
Oct 14 08:30 Retail Sales Sep
-2.7% -2.1% 2.7%
Oct 14 08:30 Retail Sales ex-auto Sep
-0.3% 0.2% 1.1%
Oct 14 10:00 Business Inventories Aug
-1.2% -0.9% -1.0%
Oct 14 14:00 FOMC Minutes Sep
Oct 15 08:30 Initial Claims 10/10
540K 525K 521K
Oct 15 08:30 Continuing Claims 10/03
6000K 6060K 6040K
Oct 15 08:30 Core CPI Sep
0.1% 0.1% 0.1%
Oct 15 08:30 CPI Sep
0.2% 0.2% 0.4%
Oct 15 10:00 Philadelphia Fed Oct
13.5 12.3 14.1
Oct 15 13:00 Crude Inventories 10/09
-0.98M
Oct 16 09:00 Net Long-Term TIC Flows Aug
NA NA 15.3B
Oct 16 09:15 Capacity Utilization Sep
70.1% 69.7% 69.6%
Oct 16 09:15 Industrial Production Sep
0.4% 0.1% 0.8%
Oct 16 09:55 Mich Sentiment-Prel Oct
74.0 73.5 73.5

Earnings This Week: Bank earnings this week!
Tues: Premarket: GIGM, JNJ: Postmarket: INTC, LLTC
Wed: Premarket: JPM: Postmarket: XLNX, STLD
Thurs: Premarket: GS, CY, NOK, C, CIT: Postmarket: GOOG, IBM, AMD
Fri: Premarket: BAC, GE, HAL, MAT

Thank you for the info Dentist

Columbus day holiday on Monday for the US , light volume

It could be a very boring day tomorrow .................................flat/neutral

For the second time in the past two days Fed officials have assumed a more hawkish posture with respect to monetary policy in a clear attempt to strengthen the dollar. In a presentation to an economics conference, St. Louis Federal Reserve President James Bullard warned that inflation pressures in the US economy may be greater than the market believes. Speaking in front of the meeting of the National Association of Business Economics, Mr. Bullard staid, “I am concerned about a popular narrative in use today ... that the output gap must be large since the recession is so severe ... [and] any medium-term inflation threat is negligible, even in the face of extraordinarily accommodative monetary policy. I think this narrative overplays the output-gap story."

Coming only 48 hours after Chairman’s Bernanke’s remarks that US will consider lifting its accommodative monetary policy, as conditions improve, Mr. Bullard comments served to reinforce the Fed’s new found hawkish stance. The rhetoric from US monetary officials is clearly meant to curtail the downdraft in the dollar rather than express any budding concern about inflation. US inflation pressures remain muted with this Thursday’s CPI numbers projected to rise a paltry 0.1% on a month over month basis. Furthermore, inflation pressures in G-3 remain well contained as well. Tonight’ s German WPI data which printed at -0.2% vs. 0.2% suggests that deflationary rather than inflationary forces continue to persist despite some a pickup in economic activity in the Eurozone.

In short inflation appears to be a convenient excuse for Fed officials to jawbone the dollar in the absence of any policy actions. With few tools left at their disposal, US monetary authorities have resorted to rhetoric as their prime method of slowing down the buck’s descent.

Bullrad’s hawkish comments helped the dollar to start the week on a bullish note as it gained ground against the majors across the board, but any sustainable rally in the greenback will depend on further upside surprises from the US economic calendar, especially US Retail Sales due this Wednesday at 12:30 GMT. The dollar will begin to strengthen only if the market becomes convinced that the Fed will remove the ultra accommodative policy currently in place which in turn is completely contingent on some material improvement in US economic activity as the year comes to a close.

I am going to focus on currencies today

I have been shorting EURO and cable

here is a chart of EURO if anyone is interested

Attachments

• Spot FX EUR_USD (12-OCT-09).png
    Spot FX EUR_USD (12-OCT-09).png
    18.8 KB · Views: 153
hey fellas,

hope you're all fine and dandy :)

got back from my break to see Heywood Williams announced some bad new the day after i left! had a very wide stop on and now down 10% on my account. not good.

anyone still watching E$?

fake-out, or is it a real break north?

727 is right on a trendline...north says 809 is possible, south says 687

Attachments

• 727.png
    727.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 138
Status
Not open for further replies.