Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey fellas,

hope you're all fine and dandy :)

got back from my break to see Heywood Williams announced some bad new the day after i left! had a very wide stop on and now down 10% on my account. not good.

anyone still watching E$?

fake-out, or is it a real break north?

727 is right on a trendline...north says 809 is possible, south says 687

welcome back Dr Blix.............

I have been shorting all morning ..............i m shorting again 1.4738 ..stop loss 1.4758

I believe it be a fake out , others may argue to the contrary

well it looks like a break-out...40 pips past 727, question is, will it run into the 809 channel or not.

i hope not as i went short E$ @ 764 (i saw some decent historical res at that level + longer TF's are in a down T)...hope i haven't been too impatient as 809 would have been a more obvious short i reckon.

btw...WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYONE?!

i demand a response this instant.

+ i demand a line of chorus girls, a bottle of baby oil, a large jar of jelly beans and a plane to cuba.

...or the kitten gets it...

welcome back Dr Blix.............

I have been shorting all morning ..............i m shorting again 1.4738 ..stop loss 1.4758

I believe it be a fake out , others may argue to the contrary

stop loss hit break even @ 1.4738 ........

my belief was incorrect , market correct

my short was based on oil being at resistance

looks like my impatient short is coming to bite me in the ass too WS...very close to my stop @ 785.

if it manages to turn around i'm looking @ 718, 40 pips 2:1 R/R

looks like my impatient short is coming to bite me in the ass too WS...very close to my stop @ 785.

if it manages to turn around i'm looking @ 718, 40 pips 2:1 R/R

The reason why i took short is because

gap open @ 1.4740 & 200 MA and oil being at resistance.............but oil has blasted right through it

I will be very suprised and shocked if EURO trades above 1.48

we could be putting in a nice little double top at 1.4770

Attachments

• Spot FX EUR_USD (12-OCT-09).png
    Spot FX EUR_USD (12-OCT-09).png
    21.1 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Afternoon all,

It's been an interesting and fascinating journey so far learning how to trade, and I've definately made a lot of progress in the last year, but I've decided I really can't be a*sed to trade anymore.

I managed one trading day last week, and after that I haven't made any trades since. I decided that given the amount of cash I am willing to risk, and the amount of pips I am likely to make, coupled with a general lack of trading experience, the sums just don't add up for me right now.

I've started investigating system and algo trading instead, and I am already live demoing a system today. It could be the road to ruination maybe, but all I know is my days of screen watching all week are over for now.

I may trade a few days here and there, so I hope to see you all around sometime in the future! Have a good trading day everyone!

May the pips be with you :)

Afternoon all,

It's been an interesting and fascinating journey so far learning how to trade, and I've definately made a lot of progress in the last year, but I've decided I really can't be a*sed to trade anymore.

I managed one trading day last week, and after that I haven't made any trades since. I decided that given the amount of cash I am willing to risk, and the amount of pips I am likely to make, coupled with a general lack of trading experience, the sums just don't add up for me right now.

I've started investigating system and algo trading instead, and I am already live demoing a system today. It could be the road to ruination maybe, but all I know is my days of screen watching all week are over for now.

I may trade a few days here and there, so I hope to see you all around sometime in the future! Have a good trading day everyone!

May the pips be with you :)

sorry to hear that my friend

please do keep in touch with us all and update us on your progress

hey ollie, i hear u mate. i'm feeling much the same about day trading/screen watching...

give me a PM if you ever feel like trading/investing equities (or even SBing them), it's a much more sedate way of doing things as your average TF is weekly/daily.

but, as i said in my last PM, i feel that this stuff, for most people (me included), may be best suited as more of a hobby than a legitimate career path.

whatever you chose to do, keep in touch fella.

best,

bryan

latest FSTE chart

watch 5216 level once it breaks .......then next target 5200

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (12-OCT-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (12-OCT-09).png
    15.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Euro has has take a sleeping pill Dr Blix?

yeah hard to tell what type of consolidation...

EDIT: bit worried that the first candle after the break out (H1 TF) is a 50 retrace and what follows could be bullish consolidation.

EDIT: whats freaking me out is the 8th oct action, not being at the top of my potential channel i'm worried about having these consolidation periods that look like poss reversals that don't actually pan out...essentially bear traps.

Last edited:
USD/JPY

anybody interested in this ?

I will be looking to go long once the market reaches the trendline

Attachments

• Spot FX USD_JPY (12-OCT-09).png
    Spot FX USD_JPY (12-OCT-09).png
    21.9 KB · Views: 126
Thanks Guys :) That's why I like hanging out on this thread, because there's some very good people here (unlike some T2W threads I could mention )

I think my problem is that I find learning and understanding how markets work is far more interesting than trading. Those crazy Elliot wavey fibby extensiony pivoty wedgy fractaly geo bits of TA and trading have really captured my imagination, but sitting at a screen all day waiting for a fib level to hit, is just no fun at all. To be fair, the strategies I have traded of late are day trading strats - perhaps I can find a nice swing trade strat I like somewhere.

I'll keep you updated with the System / Algo stuff though, but I am realistic, I know it could be a road to nowehere :)

Thanks Bryan, I'll drop you a PM. I had thought I may trade a few equities as well.

euro should falter here as no more bull flags on european indices

oil fails to trade above $73.5 ...... nice short taken there but oil moves too quick to even post the trade

Status
Not open for further replies.