Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I got caught. I shorted at, what I thought was a pullback at 0853, 5019, but that new top at 1005 scared me and I closed out. I'm going to have to increase my risk. I trade with stops too close.

what is your current stop loss level my friend

sorry to sound like i am repeating my self but 25-30 is the optimal stop loss for European indices and 40 for US indices.....especially in this volatile market

once you become more proficient you can certainly reduce it to 20 -15 points ....but anything below that i personally believe you have to be a very very good trader and have 0 margin for error .....

just my thoughts chaps

I also appreciate and respect that every trader is different and we all have our own techniques and methods

good morning, everyone,

That is great advice, Wallstreet1928, i got stopped out a lot using 10pt

Alright folks, exited my aussie with 100 pips profit. Off to the dentist now, I will be sitting with my mouth open around NFP time, but then something tells me, I wont be the only one :)

Cheerios

what is your current stop loss level my friend

sorry to sound like i am repeating my self but 25-30 is the optimal stop loss for European indices and 40 for US indices.....especially in this volatile market

once you become more proficient you can certainly reduce it to 20 -15 points ....but anything below that i personally believe you have to be a very very good trader and have 0 margin for error .....

just my thoughts chaps

I also appreciate and respect that every trader is different and we all have our own techniques and methods

I close my trade, normally, at around 15 points. I admit that it makes for keeping a close watch on the screen and I'm getting a desire to do other things! This morning, though, I closed manually, at about 9 points. My entry was satisfactory, to me. I just thought that I might have gone wrong on trend direction.

Well, I was right the first time----wrong the second. :)

Good trading.

if the figures are bad,will there be much of a drop considering the huge drop already of the past few days?also if good will the banks shoot straight back up?or are they on there way down regardless?

if the figures are bad,will there be much of a drop considering the huge drop already of the past few days?also if good will the banks shoot straight back up?or are they on there way down regardless?

If you try to trade the news, you'll probably lose badly. There are people out there who will know the figures way before you do. You, and everyone on this blog, is at the bottom of the food chain in terms of receiving the news.

I've seen markets shoot up on bad news and fall off a cliff on good news. As they say ... buy the rumour, sell the news

Last edited:
ws. mchugh calling the downside target on the rising wedge on nas 100...appprox 1040.a loss of approx 40%

an opinion only
the symetrical triangle,broke downwards.yesterday
possibly,today it will recoil after nfp,back into the triangle
ie ..you will get youre head blown off from yesterday"s down move
nfp figures massaged upwards to give a good feeling all round
i am not trading this.a great dayyesterday .so dont want to spoil things

Hello,
super drop guys. I shorted the dax before the NFP and i met my weekly target. I shorted because the ADP report on Wednesday was bad though ADP is not the real job indicator,it was enough for me to make up my mind. some people may not like to trade during the news but i have always done it,mainly during retail sales,Interest rates, Zew sentiments,Aussie retail sales, and of course NFP.It is a risky strategy and not for newbies. Now i am waiting for 3pm news but i am very very careful. you should not lose money on a friday as it **** your weekend.

happy trading

Status
Not open for further replies.