Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
ftse aswell

2ql8sxg.jpg

EURUSD in a nice downward channel on 4H and 1H.
50% fib held on Friday. Possible breakout may be to 61% if we open lower, upside out the channel to start a fresh move up.

Attachments

• Spot FX EUR_USD (02-OCT-09).png
    Spot FX EUR_USD (02-OCT-09).png
    29 KB · Views: 126
chelski
p/f chart that corespond to ur 4 hour chart you just posted
trend is down.needs to take out 1.4500 area.some downside targets put in.
however,there is an uptrust which might get activated above 1.4650.tomorrow should see a test of 1.4500 support.lets see what happens

33b0l4z.png

cable
a break above 1.5900 makes this chart bullish
5 min data

2h4c2nn.png

Dentist - not sure I understand your P&F charts. On the indicies the charts are suggesting breakdowns, right? What do the pink arrows show - indicative price targets?

p/f vertical counts.they just give you an idea of the amount of thrust from a low or a high.just tells you how keen the buyers and the sellers are from those points.ie the amount of move up/down before the buying/selling pressure showed a slow down

BREAKDOWN IN BOND YIELD MAY BE BAD FOR STOCKS
One of the catalysts behind Thursdays heavy stock selling was the breakdown in Treasury bond yields. The 10-Year T-note yield fell below its July low to the lowest level in more than four months. Bond yields are an indicator of confidence in the economy. When investors are optimistic, they buy stocks and sell Treasuries. That pushes bond yields higher. When they're more pessimistic, they sell stocks and buy Treasuries. That pushes yields lower. So the direction of Treasury bond yields has some bearing on the direction of stocks. That's been especially true over the last two years. The weekly bars in Chart 1 compare the trend of the 10 Year Treasury Note Yield (TNX) to the S&P 500 (green line). At least two things are apparent. One is that bond yields and stocks have usually trended in the same direction. The second is that bond yields have tended to change direction first. Bond yields started dropping during the summer of 2007 several months before stocks peaked. Bond yields started bouncing at the start of 2008 and anticipated a stock rebound that spring. After falling together during the second half of last year, bond yields turned up several months before stocks. Chart 2 shows bond yields turning up in January of this year two months before stocks' March bottom. Bond yields peaked in June, however, and have been weakening since then while stock prices have risen. That "negative intermarket divergence" grew more serious with yesterday's breakdown in yields.
from chart watchers newsletter

Carl Swenlin | DecisionPoint
SUPPORT STILL HOLDS CORRECTING PRICES
The market has begun another correction, but so far no serious technical damage has been done. The S&P 500 remains within the grasp of an ascending wedge formation, the dominant feature on the daily chart. On Friday prices hit their lowest level of the correction, but they remained above the support of the 50-EMA and the rising trend line. Next major support is at the 200-EMA.
As regular readers know, it is most likely that prices will break down from the rising wedge pattern, and I am inclined to believe that will happen in this case. Internal conditions for the medium-term are neutral to slightly overbought, and I think the market needs to get medium-term oversold before the correction will end. Also, it is October, and a certain amount of ugliness should be expected. I hear that a number of people are expecting a crash, but I see no evidence that would make me anticipate anything more than a normal correction.
abpaba.png

Richard Rhodes | The Rhodes Report
COMPLACENCY IN THE MARKETS
Complacency, complacency and more complacency. While the media worries about a correction in the strong cyclical bull market, they should quite simply be considering whether or not the cyclical bull has indeed topped out and a cyclical bear market has begun. This is the nature of higher prices; market participants tend to extrapolate the present far into the future - and this is what most market participants are doing right now.
To wit, note the CBOE Volatility Index ($VIX) has forged a low at the 23 level after having traded to mind-numbing 80. Where everyone was bearish the broader market at the highs; they are bullish at the lows. But the lows now look to be turning higher once again, and we should see traders start to notice that trendline resistance was in fact given in bullish fashion; we should further note that the weekly stochastic is turning higher from oversold levels once again. In the past, this has increased the probability of a larger market decline than not; so buyers should be beware. The time to have been bullish is past; the time to consider bearish positions is here. Rallies are to be used to put on short positions; not dips to be buyers. There is a distinction; and it is important to one's trading health

xnur84.png

FTSE looking like an all out sell if you follow indicators chaps

The argument to buy this market is not looking very strong when you view this chart

Attachments

• FTSE 100 INDEX.png
    FTSE 100 INDEX.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 152
Anyone catch this?

Bit jaded today after enjoying Chelsea beat Liverpool.

Attachments

• Spot FX GBP_USD (05-OCT-09).png
    Spot FX GBP_USD (05-OCT-09).png
    21.4 KB · Views: 131
For what its worth I feel the FTSE will head to 4800 by end of this week before rallying again next week. (i'll post a chart of the 4800 support later when at home).

Only confusing this is which safe haven currency to follow, recent $ weakness has not sounded out by the G7 community and Yen strength may not continue for much longer.

:)

Long Cable 15944. 200MA on 15M giving support.
also neck tie on 1H with 20 & 50 MA
Out +29

Last edited:
Looking for a short on the USD/JPY around the 9000 mark. 200MA hanging just above this price as well.

:)

FTSE latest 10 min chart

KEY level 4997

> 4997 .....target 5017

< 4997 ..... target 4956

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (05-OCT-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (05-OCT-09).png
    16.4 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.