Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh. How can I get over this compulsion to close trades as soon as they move into profit? Short from 4738, closed at 4730 (20MA at the time) and now look at it! Of course any time I do move the stop to b/e it immediately jumps up/down and stops me out.

Seems like I can never get it right.

Morning All. Hope everyone has been rocking well.

CAD/JPY seems to be trading within a perfectly formed upward channel which is showing a flag pattern. A Good long could be 8800 as this conincides with the lower trendline of the flag as well as a bounce off the 20MA on the daily TF! Sorry cant post a chart but it's the only thing which stands out to me this morning.

Would be interested to hear what anyone elses take is on this.

:)

Manya, CAD weakness across the board - perhaps the housing starts will play a bigger role than I expected? :eek:

I was banking on some weakness and my eurcad has benefitted - well over +120 pips now - perhaps there might be a bit too much volatility at the mo to be trying to trade that 8800 cadjpy level?

Lets see Lapa. As it is I traded it via a set order so my position got opened at 8800. 40 SL.

Not much volatility around as per se, simply a tight trading range which is why I think Support/Resistacne will play out as expected. Thats the plan anyways.

Last edited:
Lets see Lapa. As it is I traded it via a set order so my position got opened at 8800. 40 SL.

Not much volatility around as per se, simply a tight trading range which is why I think Support/Resistacne will play out as expected. Thats the plan anyways.

Quite right Manya - I don't play s/r levels straight off anymore, so if I see price action reverse and I have confirmation I'll join you.

I have 8,772 as a 100% retracement from the breakout on the 7th.

barclays ................

I have been yoyo trading this channel.............

anybody interested feel free to look

Attachments

• Barclays Plc (23-JUL-09).png
    Barclays Plc (23-JUL-09).png
    22.1 KB · Views: 105
FTSE sell order if we go below yesterdays low (4688 on my chart). Think we will drop back to 4500 area.

..move to UNCH level

I entered on the 9:40 and felt uncomfortable as this market is tight on range and trend is up. Closed BE only to watch it race away.
I will not trade today now as i will not se such a good trade. Loss of opportunity is greater than loss of Capital:)

£$ , £Y trying to work off dark cloud cover (M15) , waiting to see if they can do it ?

Eur£ @ poss supp (~8584 old res) now, can it hold ? (M15)

waiting to see if FTSE can find supp @ 91-95 area (sell off pretty relentless though , so ??)

EDIT :: oops missed that 60min"Hammer type" bar , breaking out below that ain't cool ? so Hmm on FTSE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.