Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is soooooo boring, we havn't had a move since 10am. Is everyone waiting for the payroll numbers? Im still long the DAX from 5268, moved my SL to 5284. FTSE hanging onto 4600, and the DAX hanging onto 5300, just! Tempted to hang on as the US futures are looking for a strong day, but this will depend on the numbers.

I'm out for + 50.8, which covers my losses this morning - better to have a neutral day, than a negative one I figured.

Will be looking closely for new support/range developing and possible new entry on the long side.

How long have you been trading for Mas? Seems you know your stuff!

Very nice trade Geo, I enjoyed watching you play this all morning, from your ballsy re-entry after taking the initial hit, you were also spot on with 156.60 as a level of support on the pullback from 157.00. Well done mate.

Very nice trade Geo, I enjoyed watching you play this all morning, from your ballsy re-entry after taking the initial hit, you were also spot on with 156.60 as a level of support on the pullback from 157.00. Well done mate.

Thank you Squire :) My trading is definately improving, so I'm happy :)

Good to see you around again Minch!

It's possible that £Y might be off up again soon-ish. I'm looking for bias change to long on 2min TF, then small retrace for entry - it's not there yet, but might be in the next half hour or so. Theoretical buying price would be 156.80 ish, but bias change has to be confirmed first! - this could all be tosh though! :)

It's possible that £Y might be off up again soon-ish. I'm looking for bias change to long on 2min TF, then small retrace for entry - it's not there yet, but might be in the next half hour or so. Theoretical buying price would be 156.80 ish, but bias change has to be confirmed first! - this could all be tosh though! :)

Ok, that happened quicker than expected! So, bias confirmed. Looking for long entry at 156.85 ish now.

SP500 daily has taken out Mon high so we are definitely on the way up again.
Will stay long FTSE moved limit to 4627 which is 1.61 ext of yesterday (see chart)
FTSE bounced of 4610 as I expected, no doubt a bit down on the US open (they will try to do a gap fill) but then up again.
Normally speaking we should be up for today and tomorrow so lets see what happens

oops here is the chart...

Attachments

• FTSE 30 july09.jpg
    FTSE 30 july09.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 140
Ok, that happened quicker than expected! So, bias confirmed. Looking for long entry at 156.85 ish now.

That entry didn't quite happen - long gone now I think. Upper target for the day is 157.60 for anyone who is still in and likes fib extensions.

The low today is 2 days down from the high.
Today we had a false breakout from yesterdays low
This suggests that turn is in an we are in up cycle again. We whould therefore go higher than yesterdays high.
The target is based on a lot of backtesting, risk:reward is 1:2 with 70% success rate
Normally speaking we should hit this target today or tomorrow.
Well Done Papak!

I should have taken your advice then I would have been smiling... any other thoughts...I will be taking notes this time :cheesy:

DiJ

Im still sitting on my DAX long, up about 50 points. Any views whether i should close out, or do you think this market has more room to go up. For once the DAX is lagging a bit behind the FTSE in terms of points rise. Usually it goes up further! Any thoughts/advice would be very welcome.

Thank you Squire :) My trading is definately improving, so I'm happy :)

Good to see you around again Minch!

You had no qualms risking multiple losses to get the right entry - one of those things they say about em good traders, nice one

Im still sitting on my DAX long, up about 50 points. Any views whether i should close out, or do you think this market has more room to go up. For once the DAX is lagging a bit behind the FTSE in terms of points rise. Usually it goes up further! Any thoughts/advice would be very welcome.

Im still long, up about 100 points. Moved my SL to 20 points behind the current level. The DAX finally woke up and is now trading above the FTSE in points up. It was 15 behind and is now 25 ahead. I think I will stick to trading the DAX as you seeem to get more volatility than the FTSE. Any advice as to what I do now. Im tempted to keep a fairly tight stop and let it ride. Would that be sensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.