Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! We are all getting bravor by the day dipping our toes into the currencies;)

i'm trying not to lose my toes though bw :cheesy:

i closed my EUR short for popping outside this mornings little down channel. maybe i was too hasty, but i'd much prefer to have to make up a - 3pt loss than a -25 pt loss.

I was thinking shorts on £Y at minimum of 50% of todays current down move - which may or not happen, or be a good idea! Not keen on longs at the moment, as current down move might be the start of bigger reversal, maybe.

Agree , long the Y , means shorting other currencies against it (1st listed of pair).

Agree it looks like that start of some kind of down move on H1 , H4 not so sure , dailies same as last few days, could go either way. Watching while trying to manage FTSE short.

FTSE is bouncing back from the lower trendline b/w lows of 23 and today. I think, if it breaks, it'll go freefall for a while.

Ive been sitting on my short of the FTSE at 4600 from 9 am, Ive now moved my SL to 4588, and just going with the trend. It certainly appears to have broken through the trend line that Ive drawn since the begining of last week. Anyone have ideas of what i should do next? i think i should just trail my SL down and be prepared to be taken out if we move up. Any advice on how far away i should keep my SL to avoid just getting taken out on a bit of noise in the market. Is 10 points reasonable.

i'm nursing this EUR trade like a little baby spawwow wiv it's wing bwoken...

if it doesn't go my way soon i'll break it's sodding neck :|

pentlow, i think you should your SL trailed at where it is, and if it touches the trendline again, close the position. I fear, the falling dollar, and US open session may push it back into 4600 range. That will wipe out your gains on this one.

being a little tricksy is the EUR right now...

short 274

closed for 16 pts, theres more in it...prob get my 245 level, but i shouldn't really be in a position anyway after hitting my target :eek:

i'm out for the day.

S euro + 21 pts
S euro - 3 pts
S euro + 16 pts

+ 34 on the day

c u later everyone...good luck.

pentlow, i think you should your SL trailed at where it is, and if it touches the trendline again, close the position. I fear, the falling dollar, and US open session may push it back into 4600 range. That will wipe out your gains on this one.

Thats what im worried about. Ive moved my SL to 4580, that at least preserves my 20points. Ive heard people talk about moving SLs in line with the Paraolic SAR levels. What TF would you use to do that, as you obviously get very different levels in the different TFs?

closed for 16 pts, theres more in it...prob get my 245 level, but i shouldn't really be in a position anyway after hitting my target :eek:

i'm out for the day.

S euro + 21 pts
S euro - 3 pts
S euro + 16 pts

+ 34 on the day

c u later everyone...good luck.

nysh bit of profit there blix (y)

Thats what im worried about. Ive moved my SL to 4580, that at least preserves my 20points. Ive heard people talk about moving SLs in line with the Paraolic SAR levels. What TF would you use to do that, as you obviously get very different levels in the different TFs?

Moved my SL to 4575 and sticking with it for the time being. Main concern Is that we get a gap fill as we move to the US open. Any thoughts anyone on this?

Closed swissy trade for +28
Closed FTSE for + 42

+ 70 for the day so far - it's a miracle :LOL:

I was going to hold the FTSE for a swing trade, but changed my plan. Looks like the swissy has more upside yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.