Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a good day. overall up 35 points. How did you do?
I am off to a coffee now. Will look at the market after 8pm.
Have a good w/e.

FYI

July 24 2009
UK economy suffers further slump
The recession-blighted UK economy shrank by a far worse than expected 0.8% between April and June, gloomy official estimates showed.
The fifth successive quarter of decline is much bigger than the 0.3% fall in output forecast by economists and deals a blow to recovery hopes.
The economy has slumped 5.6% since the second quarter of 2008, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said - the biggest fall since its records began in 1955.
The economy has now shrunk by 5.7% since the first quarter of last year, the ONS said - more than double the depth of the early 1990s recession and approaching the level of the slump seen in the early 1980s.
Although the figures bettered the 2.4% contraction seen in the first three months of 2009 - the worst since 1958 - experts were hoping for a much bigger improvement in the economy.
A 0.7% decline in output from business services and finance was the biggest driver behind the 0.8% fall in output in the second quarter of the year, the statistics showed.
The services industry - accounting for almost three-quarters of overall economic output - showed a 0.6% decline.
Construction industry output fell 2.2% over the quarter and is now 14.7% below the same period last year, which is the biggest fall since records began in 1948. Production industry output - such as construction, mining and manufacturing - fell 0.7% between April and June, the ONS added.
Howard Archer, of IHS Global Insight, called the figures "a really nasty and disappointing shock".
He said: "The sharp second-quarter drop suggests that hopes of recovery over the coming months are based on even rockier ground."
Copyright (c) Press Association Ltd. 2009, All Rights Reserved.

So why the upturn?
:)

The up turn is so overated, I reckon next week FTSE will drop 200 points. I am neither long nor short, but the honourable thing would be for it to fall. I really hate these kind of rallies, they just feel fake and dishonest!

The up turn is so overated, I reckon next week FTSE will drop 200 points. I am neither long nor short, but the honourable thing would be for it to fall. I really hate these kind of rallies, they just feel fake and dishonest!

Indeed my friend.

If FTSE @ 4,600 and EUR/JPY @ 1,3500 do not get breached I will be an extremely happy person.

Fingers crossed eh?

Sujith

My friend, a word from the wise if i may?

We closed today below the 79 level you suggested on your chart would then follow the "black" line.
Do you still hold this opinion?

I am starting to get concerned that although we see where the market should be going, all things being equal, I am concerned with what seems to be manipulation in the US affecting the usual course and catching me and other out.

Sincere thanks in advance for your input.

:):)

Who in the hell is buying FTSE? I mean really, who is behind the rally?

It this the idiot muppets commoners, who think that now the economy is turning around, we are being beaten less brutally and for past 3 days we heard FTSE is rocketing, pls put my pension in FTSE, pls put my saving in FTSE, I want piece of action? Is thats whats driving it?

Woof Woof from me too. Had no positions today, busy work-day, but am glad. I certainly would've gone short. Anyone else still holding a Short?

Who in the hell is buying FTSE? I mean really, who is behind the rally?

It this the idiot muppets commoners, who think that now the economy is turning around, we are being beaten less brutally and for past 3 days we heard FTSE is rocketing, pls put my pension in FTSE, pls put my saving in FTSE, I want piece of action? Is thats whats driving it?

(y) I couldn't agree more. I'm starting to feel like I'm the stupid one for not buying into this...but then I take a step back and gather my senses. Stockbrokers who have convinced investors to purchase shares today must be laughing all the way to the bank.

I'm watching the Dow it's having difficulty breaking above 9060 yet it does look determined... have a feeling we may break through and then test 9100 if that happens FTSE would be at 4600 and I guess oil would be rallying to $70... i have called it wrong so many times in the last 2 weeks but will go short FTSE and Brent Crude

DiJ

I have been contemplating a new strategy... open a second SB account, put 90% of my funds in that account... I trade as normal with the 10% left in the original SB account... everytime I make a trade I inform my girlfriend and she trades the opposite but trades with the 90% of the funds in the new account... so trades 9X the value of my trade... If all goes well I will continue making bad calls and she will hit the Jackpot!!!!

I have a feeling I'm not the first person to think of this Strategy :cheesy:

DiJ

Aye lad, well actually I lost more than I won :) No suprise there then - didn't stick to the rules did I!

How did Yell go?

YELLs goin good!

i've been monitoring this company (amongst others) since oct last year, my plan is coming into effect now (the reason i've been @rsing about on the FTSE was to 'power learn' as much as i could TA wise to apply it to equities)...

was kicking myself i didn't get in at 12p in march, so i'm trying to make up for it now.

23p-33p in two days though...not bad!

FTSE exit at 86 = -8. Short at 4599 stop 4613
GOLD short at 952.0 stop 956.5
I think when the market opens Mon morning gold we be a lot lower that now and FTSE will be down too. Lets see if today is the turn for FTSE as per charts earlier.
Good weekend to you all !

FTSE exit at 86 = -8. Short at 4599 stop 4613
GOLD short at 952.0 stop 956.5
I think when the market opens Mon morning gold we be a lot lower that now and FTSE will be down too. Lets see if today is the turn for FTSE as per charts earlier.
Good weekend to you all !

Cheers Papak:)

YELLs goin good!

i've been monitoring this company (amongst others) since oct last year, my plan is coming into effect now (the reason i've been @rsing about on the FTSE was to 'power learn' as much as i could TA wise to apply it to equities)...

was kicking myself i didn't get in at 12p in march, so i'm trying to make up for it now.

23p-33p in two days though...not bad!

Glad to hear it Dr B(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.