Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done with Yell DB, excellent!

That FTSE is never giving up - 10 up days in a row now, that must be a record! It's madness I tell you :)

Masnachu – replying to post 9531 p1192

Thanks again for the info in your post – much appreciated.

I definitely missed a trick with the 22nd. I had the H3 bias short, and that didn’t change to long till the break above 154.63 at 7.00am on the 23rd. However there was a great shooting star on the 22nd, and as you say price bounced off previous support, rather than closing below it.

I completely agree that there is a long time to wait between bias changes on H3. I tried to play USD/CAD on Friday with a H1 bias change long, before H3 had changed, to my cost. For now I will stick with H3 as direction to be safe. I hope with time and experience my observations on PA will improve to your level, so I can see the potential of situations like the 22nd, without having to wait for a bias change.

£Y R1 is 155 on Monday, which is also a 50% fib retrace of this recent move up. The current down move is still corrective (in bias terms) – so looking to go long on Monday, save for any major changes to the chart. Finding an entry might be tricky for me, but I’ll give it a go :)

Geo

Last edited:
My friend, a word from the wise if i may?

We closed today below the 79 level you suggested on your chart would then follow the "black" line.
Do you still hold this opinion?

I am starting to get concerned that although we see where the market should be going, all things being equal, I am concerned with what seems to be manipulation in the US affecting the usual course and catching me and other out.

Sincere thanks in advance for your input.

:):)
this week 79.5 come again :) . double bottom has occured .black line scenario still at play with a rebound at 78 levels.

dowjones>>seems made the 1eft shoulder now n head in vcinity.

july24 past performance
buy usd/jpy at 9498 sl 9475 tgt 9523-9573 entry pending >>sl hit loss 230 usd

buy eur/usd at 14200 sl 14170 tgt 14235-14343 >>1st tgt met profit 350usd
sell dax at 5180 sl 5215 tgt 5150-5081 >>entry not hit
buy dow jones at 9030 sl 9000 tgt 9075-9132 >>1st tgt met profit 450 usd
sell platinium at 1185 sl 1192 tgt 1175-1157 >>still open now 1186
sell eur/gbp now at 8664 sl 8692 tgt 8630-8600 >>all tgt met profit 920 usd
total profit 1490 usd (ticks 14.9)

Evening folks!
Bit worried with my FTSE short about the strong close of SP500 last friday. Lets hope London traders have cooled off a bit over the weekend and realize that we had some pretty bad economics on friday.
Let's see what the morning brings!

Hi papak,
At what level you short on ftse. I have a short running from 4500. so lets see monday hopefully market will go down from monday

Thanks again for the info in your post – much appreciated.

I definitely missed a trick with the 22nd. I had the H3 bias short, and that didn’t change to long till the break above 154.63 at 7.00am on the 23rd. However there was a great shooting star on the 22nd, and as you say price bounced off previous support, rather than closing below it.

There's no S-Star on the 22nd (assuming your on H4 and mean the 1st bar after 22nd low Hammer'ish bar) S-Stars only occur @ swing highs , given it's position it's just a spinning top, agree though some important info from it , mainly flicking its tail up , denotes resistance up there.

I completely agree that there is a long time to wait between bias changes on H3. I tried to play USD/CAD on Friday with a H1 bias change long, before H3 had changed, to my cost. For now I will stick with H3 as direction to be safe. I hope with time and experience my observations on PA will improve to your level, so I can see the potential of situations like the 22nd, without having to wait for a bias change.

Well you've only been at it a week or 2 , so don't sweat it still a while to go. I will say that this stuff isn't the be all and end all though, while it's an important/useful part of the process , it's still just a part of the overall process, it has it's limitations.

So what happened with the swissy ? seemed to be going great guns on the 5m while I was watching.

£Y R1 is 155 on Monday, which is also a 50% fib retrace of this recent move up. The current down move is still corrective (in bias terms) – so looking to go long on Monday, save for any major changes to the chart. Finding an entry might be tricky for me, but I’ll give it a go :)
Geo

Yea , noticed the 50% , don't use PPoints though so ???. From dailies I wouldn't been surprised to see an up move but it's still a little either way at mo, H4 not enough info right now , H1 does suggest corrective at the present time before some more downside, so I'll be watching that see how it pans out tonight, too much strength and I'll dump the short idea. (TBH though I've been farting around with so many diff charts this wkend , I'm not entirley sure what's what right now).

Anyway's good luck for this week people , 6 mins to go , then Ding Ding.

Yes Ding ding ............and its begun!!

Euro - still waiting to see if t can hold 1.42 ............interesting to watch

Nasdaq ........................Market leader will provide direction folks !!

fail double top on Nadsdaq @ 1600 equates to market failure and downturn in my book .....

I am calling the black dotted line, the "DEATH LINE "

Death of this rally..........if we fail to trade above 1600

1 month , 1hr chart

1st Target for short if 1600 fails to hold will be 1573 , 2nd target 1560 ...50 MA providing support

Attachments

• US Tech 100 Daily Future, yearly (Se (25-JUN-09).png
    US Tech 100 Daily Future, yearly (Se (25-JUN-09).png
    19.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Hi wallstreet1928,
what do you think of ftse and dax for monday. Both of them seems overbought.

FTSE...............wretched FTSE!!

1 wekk 10 min chart

what can we discern from its peaks and troughs....

Key level 4608 .....pivot R1

strategy for Monday

> 4608 - I will go long 1st target 4630 ....amend to B/E , 2nd target 4680

< 4608 - I will keep playing the short game with stop loss @ 4610 ........... 1st target 4560 , 2nd target 4540, 3rd target 200 MA

external variables I will keep an eye on

GBP /USD ..........

EUR /USD ...........1.42 LEVEL...break of that and bias is on the downside as it pulls oil down,causing oil related stOcks to fall such as BP

OIL - 58.8 level .............strong resistance ........big gap gill window 58.8 - 59.9 !! I will be very suprised if that can fill the gap, EURO has to break above 1.43 if it does

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (10-JUN-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (10-JUN-09).png
    25.4 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.