Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find that makes the most sense imho.

Calls & analysis on here, specific thread for the range set up so thats in one place for reference and study separately, won't drown out everything else too - that sounds the best plan to me.

Retest 4150 coming?

EDIT: It's been a case of higher highs and higher lows planly seen on the 10M, trending up...I'm still neutral here

Do you think its low volume causing it to trend up like it is? next ttarget 4160/4170

EOD Futs , see the tails of prior 2 sessions , breaking fridays tail now , thats a bullish sign

No long position from me , lower TF's alittle confusing at mo.

EDIT :: EOD Futs also Outside day reversal (don't use myself) and Opps patern this morning.

Fair few bullish signs there.

shell shock ??? all gone quiet ;)

I'm in a trade short @ 4182, so I'm sitting here sweating and twitching nervously, don't know about everybody else :eek:

I really hope this is not going to be one of those lessons where I realise I should have traded with the trend after buying @ 4100 this morning - the trend has never been down, but I see these levels 4180+ as overextended.

shell shock ??? all gone quiet ;)

Hey Masnachu, give me some input would you? I took two great positions (in hindsight) shorted Fresnillo and then closed just about BE before it plummetted over 20pnts! Then went long on XTA and closed for just under BE before it rallied 20pnts!

Cant make head nor tail at the minute. Asia down, no great news anywhere and yet FTSE and DAX fell down then rallied.

My indicators are all over the place.

The only thing i may have overlooked is oil going up and BP, Shell and alike catching a rally. And we know the weighting of the FTSE on oil stocks.

Some of your viewpoint Mr Wise?:)

Is it just me or are we witnessing a break out on the FTSE

I am using my sisters laptop so I can't post charts sorry

Ok profit taken off table with that impressive upward thrust...breakouts on bp,barclays,aal...etc...

Now i am organising my shorts...Nasdaq is my only worry and now that it has come into resistance at 1430 it will be safe for me to open short positions

Especially on lgen 52.1 ..stop loss 55

I'm in a trade short @ 4182, so I'm sitting here sweating and twitching nervously, don't know about everybody else :eek:

I really hope this is not going to be one of those lessons where I realise I should have traded with the trend after buying @ 4100 this morning - the trend has never been down, but I see these levels 4180+ as overextended.
Don't worry you are not alone... I shorted at 4179

I set my stop above resistance at 4215... I see oil is selling off so I hope this will bring the FTSE down too.I will just sit tight for the moment

DiJ

Euro has sold off, I would see that as good sign for your position, in the short term at least.

Oh there's no way I was going to short that rally, while agree with sell strength argument, that rally caught me napping, so until I figure oput WTF I'm sidelined.

During that FTSE rally EurUsd was flat then broke down , GnpUsd Rallied , so assume what ever sent the FTSE up was more UK specific ? just guessing

Regards Goldman..

Market is expecting good results (all tha gov money) from the US banks , so I would think its already priced in. Another thing to remember is P&L statements are backwards looking i.e. last Quater etc , more important to look at their balance sheets since that is forward looking.

There could still be a few nasties lurking on those balance sheets. Not really my area though so only barest of grasps on the situation. Must say I wouldn't be too happy about going long , not until the market proves itself.

I went short at 4151 so imagine me right now. Is there a chance of it slipping back down today

Status
Not open for further replies.