Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stocks like his comments "Fed acted with highest integrity, they're going bid and they're going fast!

FTSE: Buy 32 out 12: -40pts (x£10=£400)
DAX: Sell 25 out 90: +35pts (x€25=€875)
DAX: Sell 75 out 46: +29pts (x€25=€725)

Total: £960 = 96 FTSE ticks.

Happy with the day, FTSE Long call may be a bit much but with the spreading was able to turn it good. You guys should really look at it!

Happy with the day, FTSE Long call may be a bit much but with the spreading was able to turn it good. You guys should really look at it!

Excellent work JC - good day at the office with a mixed market!!

I will be looking at this - any other tips or insights keep them coming my friend!(y)
:clap::clap:

BTW - was the ftse long not a 20 pnts loss rather than 40? - 4232 to 4212?

Last edited:
Cheers Kaisen, I was long two FTSE Futures contracts which is £20 per point so the tick size essentially doubles to make it 40. If you're ever spreading the FTSE vs DAX you need to have 2 FTSE contracts on for every 1 DAX contract, if I only had one FTSE on, I would of had to buy another to sell the DAX against it. This is because of the extra volaility in the DAX, the difference in currency and the fact that the FTSE is £10pp vs €25pp for the DAX

Well done JC...
Afew more points for me and i think ill be done for today.... trying to get a good price to enter..

"Sources" suggest that people are buying lots of banking stocks as next week is the end of the second quarter of the year. This, btw, also makes markets very volatile (esp. next mon/tue) as the people who haven't met their target for Q2 are out there trying to F-up the market to get their profit in, beware!

Cheers Kaisen, I was long two FTSE Futures contracts which is £20 per point so the tick size essentially doubles to make it 40. If you're ever spreading the FTSE vs DAX you need to have 2 FTSE contracts on for every 1 DAX contract, if I only had one FTSE on, I would of had to buy another to sell the DAX against it. This is because of the extra volaility in the DAX, the difference in currency and the fact that the FTSE is £10pp vs €25pp for the DAX

Thanks JC for the clarification and explanation.:)

"Sources" suggest that people are buying lots of banking stocks as next week is the end of the second quarter of the year. This, btw, also makes markets very volatile (esp. next mon/tue) as the people who haven't met their target for Q2 are out there trying to F-up the market to get their profit in, beware!

Interesting, thanks.

Thanks for the headsup. Looks like a classic pull back buy on the chart now.

Methinks i should have spotted that BEFORE now!

Thats what happens when your spouse comes back from shopping!:(

Last edited:

Interesting to hear it from the "inside track", JC - much obliged (y)

Thankyou...

morning chaps,

asian markets up (except china)

i can't see any osc div on the out of hrs TFs

up we go

well thats broken right out of e recent down channel i had the daily in.

i'll see where we get to and look for osc div for a short, or a 50% retracement for a long

Morning all

FTSE in a Bullish Wedge on the daily chart, break price: 4276.5, could be a good one to trade.
(September contract)

up we go

well thats broken right out of e recent down channel i had the daily in.

i'll see where we get to and look for osc div for a short, or a 50% retracement for a long

Yes Dr B I was looking at that down channel its broken out of, just waiting for a good level to either short it continues it rise to next resistance or long if it retraces to good support

its high of 4310 hit a fib level of 127.2 % from yesterdays action and also a 61.8% retracement of the last pivot high and pivot low.

Status
Not open for further replies.