Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
all open FTSE positions closed at 4451.3

Open Close P&L
4447.5 4451.7 4.2
4440.8 4451.7 10.9
4444.8 4451.7 6.9

Total P&L= +22points

all open FTSE positions closed at 4451.3

Open Close P&L
4447.5 4451.7 4.2
4440.8 4451.7 10.9
4444.8 4451.7 6.9

Total P&L= +22points

Excellent work Reza, I take it, seeing as you wont tell me, you like taking bites out of movements! Good work.
As I say I am a newbie and i like to know peoples approaches!

Any tit bits well received!

I feel this is a pretty good strategy given the volatility at the moment and have been looking at this myself. I think sometimes I can get preoccupied with trying to catch the big wave!

All the best:cool:

Rez you should watch that 50 level on the FTSE, risky taking it long over it as if it stays there, it'll be a gap fill. Nice amount of trades, squeeze everything you can out of this range!

Long Eurostoxx 2506, out 2516: 10ticks, bloody boring trade, anyone else in the euro markets?

Rez you should watch that 50 level on the FTSE, risky taking it long over it as if it stays there, it'll be a gap fill. Nice amount of trades, squeeze everything you can out of this range!

Long Eurostoxx 2506, out 2516: 10ticks, bloody boring trade, anyone else in the euro markets?

I tend to go for several small trades these days (mainly) rather than go to the hero 50+ point trades...its rare given the vol...

Excellent work Reza, I take it, seeing as you wont tell me, you like taking bites out of movements! Good work.
As I say I am a newbie and i like to know peoples approaches!

Any tit bits well received!

I feel this is a pretty good strategy given the volatility at the moment and have been looking at this myself. I think sometimes I can get preoccupied with trying to catch the big wave!

All the best:cool:

Hey mate, i wasnt ignoring you...I trade the momentum and look at the RSI and stochastics for this. In addition, I use Fib retracement levels for bounces, watch out for flags and penants (as they as very common in this market...im seeing one now on the 10 minute in fact-not a very clear one mind you)...I also trade tunnels...I look at exponential moving averages to confirm directionality...also, look at 3 time frames and make sure that they are all pointing in the same direction.....and of course, sometimes I trade on my "instinct" but i wouldnt recommend that to newbies...in fact I wont recommend it to anyone!...I hope that helps a bit. Sorry to not add much detail as im doing some research..

closed my ftse positions at 4460.0

Open Close P&L
4447.3 4460 12.7
4450 4460 10

P&L= +22.7 points

Daily P&L= 22 + 22.7= +44.7points

Just to let everyone know about the problems with IG's advanced charts. Apparantly there was a java update yesterday and its causing the advanced charts not to load in Firefox. I just went through a lengthy conversation with tech support at IG and it fixed the problem. i cant remember all the clicks though (there were a lot) stopping and starting firefox, clearing caches etc. But to cut a long story short if you give IG a buzz on the freephone number they will talk you through changing the settings in firefox to make it work again. Mines running ok now :)

Morning all

Newbie here, just wanted to gather peoples thoughts on the ftse today? we have seen a good sell off at the open and are now bouncing back towards the open price any ideas on where we will head today and important levels to watch out for? or will it be a bit of sideways action like mentioned above until we get news from the states?

FSTE has been trading between 4300 - 4500 like a yoyo ...........

one can just trade these ranges in the interim and make a bit money

This market is either;

1. building a base for another leg higher,

2. indecisive , Bulls and Bears fighting it out

3. Bear market trap

Hey mate, i wasnt ignoring you...I trade the momentum and look at the RSI and stochastics for this. In addition, I use Fib retracement levels for bounces, watch out for flags and penants (as they as very common in this market...im seeing one now on the 10 minute in fact-not a very clear one mind you)...I also trade tunnels...I look at exponential moving averages to confirm directionality...also, look at 3 time frames and make sure that they are all pointing in the same direction.....and of course, sometimes I trade on my "instinct" but i wouldnt recommend that to newbies...in fact I wont recommend it to anyone!...I hope that helps a bit. Sorry to not add much detail as im doing some research..

Thanks. Sounds alot more impressive than the tea leaves I am trying to read at the minute!

FSTE has been trading between 4300 - 4500 like a yoyo ...........

one can just trade these ranges in the interim and make a bit money

This market is either;

1. building a base for another leg higher,

2. indecisive , Bulls and Bears fighting it out

3. Bear market trap

I've been doing pretty much that - just trading the bottom of the range since we came down from the triple top - but its your point 3 that has me very wary now.

Is there any big money left on the sidelines now that hasn't yet bought back in at those lower levels? Is it the smart money thats buying and selling it back? Its just become so scarily tight now.

contracts expire/rollover today in US so we could get a lot of whipsaw action and i will certainly be looking to go long as it will present a good entry price

Status
Not open for further replies.