Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Gents

Some interesting comments on the ITM blog InTheMoneyStocks - Rant and Rave Blog about light volume, and yet the market continuing to float higher - they're very suspicious... well I guess everyone is waiting for this market to fall on it's a**e.

I like the 2nd piece, which refers to the rally in the great depression. Look further down the page to yesterday for comments on light volume too, and TA vid.

This site was put here earlier by dentist007. The analysis has been good so far..

FTSE forecast

1 hr FT chart.

If we take the move up from 3457, to 4164, as Wave 1, then fib extensions suggest 4433, followed by 4600 (see fib on left side - ignore other 2 fibs on right side). No idea how possible that is of course, but I wouldn't be suprised to see 4420-30 hit today.

Nice channel formed from the low of 3900 on the 21st April, and it will be interesting to see how the price reacts if we hit the upside of that channel again today - hittng that channel could coincide with 4420/30 - lets see.

Sorry H1 is a touch difficult to see, but hopefully is still readable.

Attachments

• ft_wave.jpg
    ft_wave.jpg
    508.9 KB · Views: 108
This is a different one!

Ok, completely got my wires crossed - had a blonde moment :confused:

Yep, I read a few pages back with the Elliot wave predictions they made on their site... they kept calling shorts for days, then suddenly reverted to longs.. Which just confirms to me that Elliot wave is a nightmare to count in realtime, but still in fairness I liked to see their count, even if it had little predictive value IMHO.

Just to add, I do think wave 1, and wave 3 are useful in Elliot theory, if you can identify them correctly of course. I don't find it easy though, only after the event can I see the count... anyway, just MHO. I'm still a newbie.

edit: Roberts Fischers book 'Fib apps and strats for Traders', which combines the useful bits of Elliot theory and Fibs has made the most sense to me so far, in applying Elliot theory.

This site was put here earlier by dentist007. The analysis has been good so far..

FTSE forecast

nice. ive signed up for a free trial. theres no way near as much stuff for the ftse as for the us markets.

there are 3 vendors including this one that do ftse daily technical analysis that i can see.

does anyone have more ftse technical analysis sites?

Beware !
We have had a brilliant April and as the saying goes SELL IN MAY AND GO AWAY.
This year we have good reason to believe it.
The stratogy works well.
So Form me I been shorting this/covering ect.
For a longer term trade It will be Short beow 4300 on the future/ 4340 Cash.

Today will probibly see a higher high to close he shorts, this will give a false sign to invest as after a rally we go higher still.

Beware Investors,
traders use this to youyr advantage.

Wll have to see the USA open first, poss down then higher high before fading later.
Or lower and hold the lows with a declinde later.

Either way we are on the look out for lower prices over Wendesday- Friday

Good Luck my Pedigree Chums :)

Beware !
We have had a brilliant April and as the saying goes SELL IN MAY AND GO AWAY.
This year we have good reason to believe it.
The stratogy works well.
So Form me I been shorting this/covering ect.
For a longer term trade It will be Short beow 4300 on the future/ 4340 Cash.

Today will probibly see a higher high to close he shorts, this will give a false sign to invest as after a rally we go higher still.

Beware Investors,
traders use this to youyr advantage.

Wll have to see the USA open first, poss down then higher high before fading later.
Or lower and hold the lows with a declinde later.

Either way we are on the look out for lower prices over Wendesday- Friday

Good Luck my Pedigree Chums :)

Do you have any open positions right now Tom Tom?

How's Switzerland btw? I'm over in Zurich in August - I'll pop over for a cup of tea, and you can teach me how to trade :)

Personally I am loathed to take any positons right now, just waiting to short when the time/day is right - not looking to scalp, but a long term short.

Well done.

I might consider trading ftse100 from work seeing as I do not do anything else. Its been now 2 years since I last touched the indice.

I will start posting like all the regulars. Is there any IG Index users here?

Good afternoon chaps

and welcome back TomTom ..........

this low volume rally really is ridiculously over stretched ..............

I will certainly start to adopt long term shorts ...........My only worry is 930 on S&P !!

Short again on FTSE100 4359.8 with stop loss at 15pts (4375) is todays high.

Closed at 4350.3. thats under 3mins again. 9.5 pts and earlier, 7pts profit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.