Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone here do hedging with options, ie buy a spreadbet and same time buy some puts ?

I am bullish on SP500 today, buy the dip

Last edited:
The CBOE Volatility Index® (VIX®) is a key measure of market expectations of near-term volatility conveyed by S&P 500 stock index option prices. Since its introduction in 1993, VIX has been considered by many to be the world's premier barometer of investor sentiment and market volatility.

thanks

The CBOE Volatility Index® (VIX®) is a key measure of market expectations of near-term volatility conveyed by S&P 500 stock index option prices. Since its introduction in 1993, VIX has been considered by many to be the world's premier barometer of investor sentiment and market volatility.

thanks

Thank's for the explaination, still have a lot to learn ;)
Could you tellme where I can access to this data?

thanks

Thanks I, used to trade options on it..

Thank's for the explaination, still have a lot to learn ;)
Could you tellme where I can access to this data?

there is a very good paper on this on the CBOE site including how it is calculated etc etc. It is in it's second "version" since its launch.

Hi Bennie,

RSI, stochastic and Chaikin volatility..I find them very useful

rgds

Cheers rez. I cant find an entry point for a trade today, just can't get it together, so I've decided to sunbath instead. Have a good bank holiday weekend all!

Status
Not open for further replies.