Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got filled on my shorts on s&P @

730 and 735

I am keeping this for the long term

looking to take profit at 700

taken 50 points profit on trade opened at 735..............

i will wait for market to rally again and open another short position

I still have 1 contract short on S&P @ 730

Sure your skills of judgement will reveal the answer soon enough!

haha....that strategy paid good dividends!!

I'm calling a day guys because i am travelling up north today to see a few friends.....

I shall leave you all to the market and wish you every bit of success

my remaining positions

1 contract short s&P 730 .........stop loss 760!! (thats because It will never ever get there)

personally , I favour long, and am Long FTSE and S&P
Still waiting for the 3777 I posted yesterday

taken 50 points profit on trade opened at 735..............

i will wait for market to rally again and open another short position

I still have 1 contract short on S&P @ 730

How can you have taken 50 points on S&P from a short at 735? the lowest the S&P has been since 735 is 728. Perhaps you mean ticks, but that is still only 28 ticks to the extreme low.

How can you have taken 50 points on S&P from a short at 735? the lowest the S&P has been since 735 is 728. Perhaps you mean ticks, but that is still only 28 ticks to the extreme low.

S+P trades in 10ths? prob meant sold @ 735 bought back for 5 points = 5x10ths =50 ticks??

Not really consistent with his previous posts, guess were making bit of big out of this eh? lol

What's the symbol for S&P on advfn. I'm a subscribed user and having difficult finding it.
ive put the search in for it and it produced IN\X S&P 500 Index but theres no live data there, its dead.
Look forward to you replies

Good calls today from WS keep up the good work. I'd love to see live calls from rio tinto, i love that stock. Keeps you on ya toes :)

PI

i went short quite early today so hoping for a downturn tomorrow.
hope ftse won't go above 3800 if it tries for it ..

Yes im short 750 snp, holding overnight. hedged with Dow just incase of an extreme move overnight...

S+P trades in 10ths? prob meant sold @ 735 bought back for 5 points = 5x10ths =50 ticks??

yes that is what i mean Minime, you are correct

I trade CFD's with CMC , 1 contract = £10 for every S&P point

5 points = 50 points = £50

I trade on average 2-3 contracts

but because i was trying to average in a short position as you can never pick a top or bottom

I sold @ 730 and 735

but i bought the S&P back at 730 to close 1 contract that was in profit of 5 points=50 points in reality as per my broker!!

haha....that strategy paid good dividends!!

I'm calling a day guys because i am travelling up north today to see a few friends.....

I shall leave you all to the market and wish you every bit of success

my remaining positions

1 contract short s&P 730 .........stop loss 760!! (thats because It will never ever get there)

WOW what a rally............never take anything for granted in this market!!

I was thinking 760 was impossible........trade what you see not what you think!!

still holding 1 contract on S&P from 730..............stop loss 760!!

I will have to re do all my analysis, I just didn't account for S&P going up this much!

I was blinded by the obsession of the downside

I have heard volume was low and who on earth is buying!!

Oh well at least my barclays position will give me a good reward tomorrow, see yesterday s post at 10.17am , post no 359 for the chart explaining reasons for going long

I am long barclays 67.2, stop loss 62

target 72

Reason - gap close support and 200 MA support

hoping for a gap up tomorrow

should cover the loss I am making on the S&P, currently down £200 at present!! I shall keep my short till 760 if it gets that far!! but in this market anything is possible

WOW what a rally............never take anything for granted in this market!!

I was thinking 760 was impossible........trade what you see not what you think!!

still holding 1 contract on S&P from 730..............stop loss 760!!

I will have to re do all my analysis, I just didn't account for S&P going up this much!

I was blinded by the obsession of the downside

I have heard volume was low and who on earth is buying!!

Oh well at least my barclays position will give me a good reward tomorrow, see yesterday s post at 10.17am , post no 359 for the chart explaining reasons for going long

It's the same as happened last week just in reverse.

Hit's highs/lows, trend players get in , goes further triggering stops which pushes it further triggering more stops etc etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.