Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking a tad bearish still

33m7hpi.gif

GBP/Eur move a bit excessive? Move wasnt based on anything concrete and merely on broadsheet speculation. Looks like Trichets comments have also weakened Euro as well. We need Darling back on TV to tell us how bad the economy is and push sterling lower.

10940 is also a 38.2% retractment from 11th Sep high to 13th Sep low.

:)

I seem to be getting the feeling that we are on the edge of a cliff here :)

S&P500 & Dow poised on the edge of the 50MA(10min) with th 200MA(10min) some way down below.
This should affect the FTSE & Dax too. NASDAQ already fallen below 50MA.

SDG
(I am just a newbie expressing my thoughts so that someone can confirm or correct me.)

I seem to be getting the feeling that we are on the edge of a cliff here :)

S&P500 & Dow poised on the edge of the 50MA(10min) with th 200MA(10min) some way down below.
This should affect the FTSE & Dax too. NASDAQ already fallen below 50MA.

SDG
(I am just a newbie expressing my thoughts so that someone can confirm or correct me.)

I don't know which SDG you're talking to, but I also think the same. Some more variables to think of are the GBP and USD strength w.r.t its impact on indices.

Also, the scam profits by the banks didn't do much to push things up. Running out of steam? Any bad news and *boom*

Damn whyyyy did i get out of the oil trade too early,, its just had a solid move up,, more like a spike, but lets see what happens..

Damn whyyyy did i get out of the oil trade too early,, its just had a solid move up,, more like a spike, but lets see what happens..

I couldn't believe it either ....I bought at gap fill .....went to do a few chores

came back and made + 110 points

crazy volatility

I don't know which SDG you're talking to, but I also think the same. Some more variables to think of are the GBP and USD strength w.r.t its impact on indices.

Also, the scam profits by the banks didn't do much to push things up. Running out of steam? Any bad news and *boom*
Hi Desi,
Quick question. If the GBP is getting stronger vs USD then the FTSE will become weaker, right? But then if the Dollar is weaker, the US markets will go UP. What does that do for the relation between the indices.
Sorry, for the noob question, but I am still learning & earning and need to fit al the pieces of the jigsaw together.

Regards,

SDG.

I would recommend all Newbies take advantage of this offer and preserve your capital whilst you learn to trade this volatile market

Spreadex - the Financial Spread Betting Experts since 1999

I have noticed a sudden increase in the number of hits on this blog, around 30-40 people viewing at any one time

If anybody is still interested in learning to trade the markets then please do PM me as I am currently involved in Mentoring Newbies

happy trading folks

Hi Desi,
Quick question. If the GBP is getting stronger vs USD then the FTSE will become weaker, right? But then if the Dollar is weaker, the US markets will go UP. What does that do for the relation between the indices.
Sorry, for the noob question, but I am still learning & earning and need to fit al the pieces of the jigsaw together.

Regards,

SDG.

No one knows for sure mate. What I have observed about indices with reference to currencies so far is this.

USD strength in general is bad for indices in at least UK and US.
EUR strength relatively is good for indices.
GBP strength keeps cap on FTSE to some extent.

Example of GBP strength today. Yesterday FTSE was hovering around 5240 region while Dow was below 10K. Today Dow was hovering around 10K (but above 10K) and FTSE slid back to the 5240 spot. Conclusion: FTSE was lagging (perhaps because sterling gained strength against most if not all major currencies). I am a newbie as well mate, just my observations.

what is up with oil???...shud i sort it at 7650 -7700...or is this up move going to continue???

Status
Not open for further replies.