Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
oil top heavy, Euro top heavy ..........

my variables all showing signs of weakness or market top

we need another catalyst to push this market higher?

will it be JP morgan and retail sales?

haha .......

well done

collect those points in true desi style

Thanks bruv. I copied your long from 516* region last night, got entry at 5169, amended stop at 5200 this morning and entered another long at 5200 last night on intel results. Took profit on second long for 40 points and locked in about 30 points on first long.

In total 70 points done for the day. Now short from 5240.

i am going to be taking out a long term short on EUR/USD ...........target of around 150-200 pips

i have started to short Euro @ 1.4910 already and average into my position, i will sell all the way upto 1.5 if we ever get there

I am also not favouring short on FTSE at the moment. The retail suckers would now start to believe that the worst is over (think, Ozzie raising interest rates, banks doing well, IT doing well, retail lagging but Christmas coming up, etc etc). Waiting for the smart money move for indication now.

Exited my short on ftse with 1 point profit. off to lunch, I dont want to over trade today. Had a good day so far. Will come back from lunch and see how it looks.

Cheers guys and have a good day.

Guys this is a brilliant thread!

I'm short FTSE 5255.5. On my IG Index quote Dow hit 9997 so my logic is a pullback before Dow opens and then I assume we hit 10,000.So will close my short around 5235 and then go long and close the long when Dow hits 10,000. Will then go short.

Although I suspect we might return to 10,000 and blast through if only temporarily.

Good luck to you all!

Der Blutharsch

^arent you going to wait for the retail figures before you short

Had hoped for a quick sharp pullback which hasn't yet materialised. But you are right its dangerous to trade before news especially if you have a tight stop.

Der Blutharsch

Good day all.
Here is my thoughts for today.
We see Dow 10,000 ( as stated at the begining of this month ) Once we get to this figure we see retracements to dow 9950 and then wait for direction, possibly more upside.
Important the move on the retail figures will be a wrong move and it is likely to be erased when we open at 2.30 London time.If 10,000 holds the next time frame will be 20- 24th of October.

Wish everyone a sucsessfull day.
When the retail fighures comes out it will be volitile so I will not have a postion untill we open, but if we have a massive swing in prices I will cirtainly be taking small clips either side.

Regards
Tom

Trading after misses alot of the big move though. Its probably smarter unless you take investment type predictions

UK ECONOMIC ANNOUNCEMENTS
Claimant Count Unemployment Rate (09:30)
Average Earnings (09:30)
ILO Unemployment Rate (09:30)
Manufacturing Unit Wage Costs (09:30)

INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC ANNOUNCEMENTS
Business Inventories (US) (15:00)
FOMC Interest Rate Minutes (US) (19:00)
Retail Sales (US) (13:30)
Import Price Index (US) (13:30)
Industrial Production (EC) (10:00)
Domestic CGIP (JPN)
Bank of Japan Target Rate (JPN)
Consumer Confidence (JPN)

That one, thats the important economic news today then. Apparently JP beat earnings

That was a canny close by desi there, it broke the trend line for me but stayed above 5235 and came back.
Its above the trend for me now and looking for a bounce of 5250 right now but I guess 5235 is more significant

Vwap on isf is 5242
ShareCrazy.com: Hard Data, Harder Opinion

Last edited:
Guys this is a brilliant thread!

I'm short FTSE 5255.5. On my IG Index quote Dow hit 9997 so my logic is a pullback before Dow opens and then I assume we hit 10,000.So will close my short around 5235 and then go long and close the long when Dow hits 10,000. Will then go short.

Although I suspect we might return to 10,000 and blast through if only temporarily.

Good luck to you all!

Der Blutharsch

welcome , welcome to you my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.