Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felicitous salutations to you all this fine and sunny morn.....well, it is here in old London town at least :LOL:

Thanks kaissen for your responses last night; very informative. Also, thanks to WS for his inter-market analyses which are always helpful.

I'm still short the FTSE as I have been for the last 10 days - it's currently further underwater than the Titanic but blind faith tells me it will come back....:cry:

Still, it's only money....

When the market breaks down, and I think it will, I think it's going to fall hard and fast.

Be weary of any pre-empted moves on GBP today in relation to BoE party up tommorow. If QE gets extended further and this stock rally fizzles out we could see a move lower.

:)

closed FTSE @ 4665 .......... fibonaccia pull back level

28 points profit

nice start to the day

Well done ws.

I was shattered last night and couldnt think straight and the US buy program and lack of downwards movement after the close spooked me as I thought asia my jump forward because of it.

Hey ho more learning!:)

Confidence takes time but i feel i am making progress.

Last edited:
potential bear flag forming on DAX .............

confrmation if dax below 5400........

next target would be 5375

Be weary of any pre-empted moves on GBP today in relation to BoE party up tommorow. If QE gets extended further and this stock rally fizzles out we could see a move lower.

Manya - my grasp of fundamentals is a bit poor: I thought QE extension means further cash, ie. inflationary, therefore lower value of GBP, therefore positive impact on ftse? What have i got wrong here?

Sorry Lapa, I meant if the Indices move lower (based on poor earnings data rather than currency movements) and QE gets extended then the £ will head lower. Although agreed that QE should have a positive impact on the FTSE, although this is assuming there is no other major economic news on this day.

As it happens I set a pre-set order to short GBP/USD at 17000 which has just been triggered. 20 SL.

Sorry Lapa, I meant if the Indices move lower (based on poor earnings data rather than currency movements) and QE gets extended then the £ will head lower. Although agreed that QE should have a positive impact on the FTSE, although this is assuming there is no other major economic news on this day.

As it happens I set a pre-set order to short GBP/USD at 17000 which has just been triggered. 20 SL.

I will have some swiss cheese for lunch to celebrate gbpchf's generosity this am.

A range breakout perfectly executed, assisted by a break out sure, but hey, you've got to get yourself in a position to make the most of what's on offer right?

Looking good

I am just going through Steve Nisons chart handout (found on the internet) and basically, FTSE100 today on dailies looks like a hanging man (opposite of a hammer) followed by a very strong rally. This is sign of a potential top reversal. This is very bearish coupled with VIX on the upside from 27th July. Any bad news could really *spook* the markets - imho.

Would be interesting to see what others think.

Nice spot there, londlad.

Hanging Man

Sell off at open, rally to open price at close - fits yesterdays action.

Just looked at the dailies for the Nas, S&p, and FTSE, and they are all more or less at key fib numbers in relation to the massive swings from the end of the bull/start of bear - e.g. I'm looking back to the S&P in oct 2007.

Also, as London Lad says, potential hanging man line on the FTSE daily - confirmation is a close below the real body of the daily candle I think? LL?

IMHO I think we might see a bit of downside on indices, before going higher again... but, who knows :)

Did anyone take that A$Y trade I posted earlier? That worked out very nicely :)

edit: I am looking to see if eur/usd finds support at 1.4300 level (should it get there) - E$ has made a new high on the dailies, and the last few days are very bullish I think (save for today) :)

Agreed, which means I am looking for 15 min confirmation above or below 4675 for a signal to go bull or bear. Given the circumstances and potential UK GDP forecast tonight around 2300 GMT and also BoE's rate decision, I believe that there will be either a pullback or hung in the rut until those two key economic indicators are out of the way.

October and January have important tops on the dailies so you could well be right, londlad. I'm, currently, long on Footsie and SP500 because my cup is half full--not half empty! The market is full of surprises. (n) (y)

Will FTSE breach 4700 with the US traders not there to hold our hand and take the lead? Or will it obediently meet resistance and head lower?

Manya: I am not taking any positions today. I am going to wait for confirmation on dailies. If today we close below yesterday's close, then I will go short. If we close above, then this rally has some more legs.

Possible Regular Bearish Divergence on MACD on 10M, 4680 ish seems to be a level to get past.

Possible Regular Bearish Divergence on MACD on 10M, 4680 ish seems to be a level to get past.

Got to say Chelski, i love your avitar!

We have previously owned a weinmaraner and currently walk the old lady´s across from us.

Beautiful dogs with great family temperament.

Tangent over:whistling

Got to say Chelski, i love your avitar!

We have previously owned a weinmaraner and currently walk the old lady´s across from us.

Beautiful dogs with great family temperament.

Tangent over:whistling

Thanks, She's called Zola. Just turned six and mad as a bucket of frogs! I would only ever have them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.