Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just going through Steve Nisons chart handout (found on the internet) and basically, FTSE100 today on dailies looks like a hanging man (opposite of a hammer) followed by a very strong rally. This is sign of a potential top reversal. This is very bearish coupled with VIX on the upside from 27th July. Any bad news could really *spook* the markets - imho.

Would be interesting to see what others think.

as silly as this sounds, i dont want this recession to be over just yet. I want FTSE to travel the big bear rollercoaster some more. These are good times to learn trading.
I also have a coupla shorts on uk equites, so i want the bears to come out and play!

IG spread bet quoting FTSE at 4670/4676

CMC CFD quoting 4688/4694.

Does this mean CFD will eventually come back down to the SB level?

I have gone short at 4695 on with CMC´s CFD and the price has gone down to 4688/4694 so currently in the money but trying to figure out why such a big difference between companies?
Dont know what the correct price is!?!

Any thoughts?

Also barring a mega run in Asia, surely the CMC price has to come down towards the close price of today? Surely it cant gap up 20pnts?

yes Mr Kaisen ............i too have gone short @ 4693 ............

you got a better entry @ 4695 !!

the rise in the FTSE is not justified considering how weak it was throughout the session on monday .........

also bearing mind we haven't had any considerable rise in euro or gbp.....

oil had remained flat from yesterday ...........

Nasdaq still @ 1630 level and not risen above considerably ............

only concern is S&P 500 above 1000

so no variables that would push it to the upside

pivot point for tomorrow is 4666 if its above that i will short... wot do u guys think

Just looked at the dailies for the Nas, S&p, and FTSE, and they are all more or less at key fib numbers in relation to the massive swings from the end of the bull/start of bear - e.g. I'm looking back to the S&P in oct 2007.

Also, as London Lad says, potential hanging man line on the FTSE daily - confirmation is a close below the real body of the daily candle I think? LL?

IMHO I think we might see a bit of downside on indices, before going higher again... but, who knows :)

Did anyone take that A$Y trade I posted earlier? That worked out very nicely :)

edit: I am looking to see if eur/usd finds support at 1.4300 level (should it get there) - E$ has made a new high on the dailies, and the last few days are very bullish I think (save for today) :)

the rise in the FTSE is not justified considering how weak it was throughout the session on monday .........

Hey ws!

I am not sure what to do at this moment. I have a short from 4674 and the short from 4695 open. With current prices on CMC i am currently up.
I am concerned that if asia has a good day we could open higher than the 4677 we closed at today. And I agree I feel the FTSE run into the close and the prices on CMC are all un-justified.
But i am wondering whether asia will continue the US´s last minute run with its annoyingly pathetic buy programs.

What would you suggest?

I am currently the equivalent of 5 pnts up if i sell at 4682

Last edited:
Gooood evening everyone...after my losses of last week (first string of losses this year!) I thought I'd rethink my existance...should I bank all my profits thus far and quit the game for good? YEAH RIGHT! All traders suffer losses, I've take mine on the chin...I've dusted myself off and ready to go again...I've been thinking that this market will plummet, but after yesterdays rise i'm reconsidering this and redeveloping my model. More later....

back with a vengeance

thats what I like to hear

Hey ws!

I am not sure what to do at this moment. I have a short from 4674 and the short from 4695 open. With current prices on CMC i am currently up.
I am concerned that if asia has a good day we could open higher than the 4677 we closed at today. And I agree I feel the FTSE run into the close and the prices on CMC are all un-justified.
But i am wondering whether asia will continue the US´s last minute run with its annoyingly pathetic buy programs.

What would you suggest?

I am currently the equivalent of 5 pnts up if i sell at 4682

It all depends on your risk appetite

if you currently only trade 1 contract but have 2 open then I would certainly bank the profit .......

If you consistently trade 2-3 contracts and are happy with the risk/reward ratio then you can certainly leave it open

Always remember certainty is better than uncertainty. you can always materialise the profit and look for a better entry to short tomorrow once you know the outcome of the asian session

If you haven't done your analysis on the asian session then I would certainly not leave anything overnight and be vulnerable to a potential loss

I have personally amended my short position on FTSE to B/E @ 4393

Euro looking weak...........Nasdaq still cant get past 1630!! I favour the downside personally

but you must do your own analysis my friend and come to a decision as the variables can change overnight

that is what trading is all about............making instantaneous decisions whilst the variables are constantly changing....

the days of the pythagoras theorem

a squared + b square = c squared

are way behind us chaps

This market has been plagued with interesting factors creating an even more difficult trading environment; buy programs, sell programs, mass manipulation. All this emphasizes the importance of becoming privy to the factors that move this market under any circumstance.

Today's end of day price performance displayed one of the many scenarios that time after time, catch the amateur trader on the wrong side of the market - fake out moves.

Confirmation is constituted with a close below the trend line, then the next candle needs to close below the low of the previous candle - creating a true breakdown. Without this secondary confirmation, the next or current candle can easily float back higher, (faking out the amateurs) thus decreasing the probability, as it did in today's example. This is the main reason why it is vital to understand the need for confirmation on patterns, trend lines, nearly any trade prior to entering. Most obvious or well known plays (whole numbers, trend lines, patterns) are designed to get the amateurs on-board thinking a move has been confirmed then turning against them.

Note the channel trend line below in the chart. The only way sell volume would have come into this market to negate the buy program would have been if that lower line was broken and confirmed. However, it was not broken only pierced, and a massive buy program hit again. This happened yesterday as well and probably 95 of the last 100 trading days. As the manipulation continues, you must refine and advance your trading skills. By learning the proper tools needed you will enable yourself to make endless amounts of money from the lemons the market provides!

Begin to enlighten yourself NOW!

Sign up for InTheMoneyStocks Webinar: Methodology Revealed NOW! (space is limited)

It all depends on your risk appetite

if you currently only trade 1 contract but have 2 open then I would certainly bank the profit .......

If you consistently trade 2-3 contracts and are happy with the risk/reward ratio then you can certainly leave it open

Always remember certainty is better than uncertainty. you can always materialise the profit and look for a better entry to short tomorrow once you know the outcome of the asian session

If you haven't done your analysis on the asian session then I would certainly not leave anything overnight and be vulnerable to a potential loss

I have personally amended my short position on FTSE to B/E @ 4393

Euro looking weak...........Nasdaq still cant get past 1630!! I favour the downside personally

but you must do your own analysis my friend and come to a decision as the variables can change overnight

that is what trading is all about............making instantaneous decisions whilst the variables are constantly changing....

the days of the pythagoras theorem

are way behind us chaps

Thanks ws.

Who have you placed the trade with?

The nearest stop i have available on CMC is 4696!

Closed both positions for 1pnt profit!!
CMC spread of 6 pnts plus trading at 5 pnts over IG spread betting level!
Oil on the rise, dollar weakening.
See you all in the morning.

Last edited:
Thanks ws.

Who have you placed the trade with?

The nearest stop i have available on CMC is 4696!

I did it earlier on around 10 pm ...when your position is more than 10 points in profit you can amend to break even after market hours

and I think its 5-6 points in market hours

"the days of the pythagoras theorem

are way behind us chaps"

(smiling)
Wallstreet1928, maybe you should update that theorem.

closed FTSE @ 4665 .......... fibonaccia pull back level

28 points profit

nice start to the day

I am just going through Steve Nisons chart handout (found on the internet) and basically, FTSE100 today on dailies looks like a hanging man (opposite of a hammer) followed by a very strong rally. This is sign of a potential top reversal. This is very bearish coupled with VIX on the upside from 27th July. Any bad news could really *spook* the markets - imho.

Would be interesting to see what others think.

very well spotted my friend

good morning chaps

latest FSTE chart

early support levels

4662 , 4633

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (05-AUG-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (05-AUG-09).png
    26.7 KB · Views: 127
Can't believe I didn't go long at 4644 even though I knew it was going to pull back to 4665 such a shame

Status
Not open for further replies.