Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, hope you've had good days! Could anyone recommend some decent chart set-ups and indicators? Would be much appreciated, especially as I ended up 24 points down today!

Do you mean Time frames, MA's, etc - or did Francis's links do the job?

hey guys...i just bought the ftse at 4040.5..only 8 point stop....had a cr4p day today

Closed for 26 point profit, and thats how I made my money back in 10 minutes! Lesson to learn for everyone....DON'T PANIC WHEN YOU LOSE...BE PATIENT...DON'T GO CRAZY...AND DON'T KEEP LETTING YOUR LOSSES RUN BY CONTINUALLY PLACING HIGH RISK TRADES!!!! (it's in capital letters so I can easily find it in the future when I do the same mistakes! :p)

Do you mean Time frames, MA's, etc - or did Francis's links do the job?

yeah, I'm a bit of a novice. Francis's site was very helpful, but indeed I was thinking more along the lines of MA's, time frames, oscillators, volume etc. Cheers

Closed for 26 point profit, and thats how I made my money back in 10 minutes! Lesson to learn for everyone....DON'T PANIC WHEN YOU LOSE...BE PATIENT...DON'T GO CRAZY...AND DON'T KEEP LETTING YOUR LOSSES RUN BY CONTINUALLY PLACING HIGH RISK TRADES!!!! (it's in capital letters so I can easily find it in the future when I do the same mistakes! :p)

if only you'd posted this earlier.........i really lost it today need to discipline:cry:

yeah, I'm a bit of a novice. Francis's site was very helpful, but indeed I was thinking more along the lines of MA's, time frames, oscillators, volume etc. Cheers

Okey dokes.

Try inthemoneystocks.com - this is the site Wallstreet often recommends.

From memory, their basic setup is 10min chart, 20, 50, 200 MA's. I think Wallstreet uses a 1hr chart for analysis. Volume's a bit trickier, as I don't think any SB/CFD brokers supply that info. You can get volume data from somewhere like prorealtime for a fee.

Send WS a pm if you need more info, I'm sure he'd help.

On the subject of oscillators, like RSI, MACD etc - do be careful, they only give historical information, as they are lagging indicators.

geo - what gems have you found so far? we need a dumping page for the best bits!

Francis, I'm trying to put the all the gems into a word doc as I go, it's gonna take a while to complete though, as I'm quite busy with work at the mo, and next month I move house. I will post it when complete.

Main gems in my mind are the use of fibs, relating to key levels of S/R, and price action. I know that's a bit general, but I think it's fair to say I don't have enough experience to really understand right now what the gems are as of yet - if that makes sense.

... but I think it's fair to say I don't have enough experience to really understand right now what the gems are as of yet...

That's a bit worrying isn't it!;) How's a newbie like me gonna pick out the gems!!

Ok, expect the word doc of TD's thread, compiled by a newbie, to be dubious at best :whistling

Status
Not open for further replies.