Vdm

Ha, "you found".

Your a 18 year old nobody who can't even trade. Get a life son.

I really need to revise, so this can be my last procrastination - But, i didn't find this myself - Someone told me about it a while ago.... Just on my account i found there to be a 5 second delay, i didn't actually find it myself. I just phrased it wrong. Apparently others didn't have such a delay, i don't know though. Having been told about it though, i checked my feed on VDM and as told - found there to be a 5 second delay. Just to clear that up.

Plus, how do you know i can't trade :S ? I'm actually becomming pretty profitable now and am happy with my progress.

As for getting a life ... Its more difficult than a simply stating a phrase.

Ha, "you found".

Your a 18 year old nobody who can't even trade. Get a life son.

P.s. I can't see why i'm a nobody, unless you mean in terms of trading reputation - In which case i am a nobody... Not for long though, i'z got a job in ma gap year ;)

Everyone on the board thinks your a ****. Therefore you need to change something, similar with aaron.

Ha, thats very true and i'm aware of that. :)
Don't need to change anything though, its easy not to care about peoples perception of you on the internet.
However, i may aswell change my ways for the sake of not getting tedious replies to questions :D

Mannn i really gotta revise.

As for getting a life ... Its more difficult than a simply stating a phrase.

Halo,

That is one of the more mature things I have heard so far from your direction.

Hold that thought.

Now, go off and revise or whatever you have to do, and don't waste time on this board until after the exams are over.

Good luck.

Mike

They are a huge scam. Just withdrawn all funds and closed the account.

Congratulations VDM. I vehemently stick up for all SB firms when people complain about unethical practice and you are the first one I have ever had a serious complaint about and had to admit you're a total scam.

Slipped on absolutely everything, left right and centre.

Absolutely ATROCIOUS.

Slipped 1 tick going into Gold. 13 ticks coming out.

Slipped 33 pips on a Eur/Jpy exit.

Slipped a tick here, a tick there on slow moving markets such as the Bund etc.

Even gone so far as to place corresponding orders with different brokers.

Get a fill at £5 a point with Capital Spreads without one tick slippage.
Get the usual tick slippage at £1 a point with VDM.
Same market. Same order price. Same time executed.

Scam all over it.

No wonder they are jumping to give punters free money. They will take it all back off you soon enough - a tick at a time if necessary!

Seem to remember you had problems with VDM a few weeks ago. Were you just giving them another chance today, or does this post relate to what happened before?

They are a huge scam. Just withdrawn all funds and closed the account.

Congratulations VDM. I vehemently stick up for all SB firms when people complain about unethical practice and you are the first one I have ever had a serious complaint about and had to admit you're a total scam.

Slipped on absolutely everything, left right and centre.

Absolutely ATROCIOUS.

Slipped 1 tick going into Gold. 13 ticks coming out.

Slipped 33 pips on a Eur/Jpy exit.

Slipped a tick here, a tick there on slow moving markets such as the Bund etc.

It seems incredible that you should suffer such slippage. A friend and I both have accounts with VDM and have never experienced this. We both have an independent, real time data feed so, are able to check VDMs prices, simultaneously, with the live spot FX market. I've never had a bad fill, either on opening or closing a trade.

We both trade at market and don't use limit orders. After what you have experienced, I will place a limit order, in the next couple of days, to see what happens. If I encounter the slippage that you have, I will, also, be closing my account.

It seems incredible that you should suffer such slippage. A friend and I both have accounts with VDM and have never experienced this. We both have an independent, real time data feed so, are able to check VDMs prices, simultaneously, with the live spot FX market. I've never had a bad fill, either on opening or closing a trade.

We both trade at market and don't use limit orders. After what you have experienced, I will place a limit order, in the next couple of days, to see what happens. If I encounter the slippage that you have, I will, also, be closing my account.

Use a stop order for entry - not a limit order.

You will get slippage on every trade I absolutely guarantee it.

Seem to remember you had problems with VDM a few weeks ago. Were you just giving them another chance today, or does this post relate to what happened before?

They convinced me it was their software that was being upgraded and I foolishly fell for it.

That was the final straw.

Use a stop order for entry - not a limit order.

You will get slippage on every trade I absolutely guarantee it.

That's for sure, I've had the same problems with them in the past and the slippage is rarely in the punter's favour. Not any more though, they have closed my account, obviously don't like parting with the cash they steal from us.

TD hope your money has been repatriated to your account (in full!!), I'm having some problems with them in this regard.

anyone that gives money away for "free" has to have some kind of plan to get it back somehow !
I also noticed slippage on stops & limits, also widening spread to stop you out.

I've had some bad slippage with vdm on limit/stop orders, but none on market orders.

A few days ago they slipped me about 30 points, so I got in contact with them and they refunded me straight away. Also I had slippage that was actually in my favour which seemed odd :eek:

I opened an account with them to get the £200 credit about 2 months ago, just wondered if anyone knows the T&C's about withdrawing it...? Cheers.

I opened an account with them to get the £200 credit about 2 months ago, just wondered if anyone knows the T&C's about withdrawing it...? Cheers.

You can't unless you made a profit, but I think there were also T&Cs about inactive accounts and time limits.

Thanks for that.

Im a bit disappointed with VDM. They sent an e-mail yesterday promising spread free trades all day today on platform trades from 8.45 am. This was to make up for their down time on Tuesday. As yet, I cannot see evidence of these offers. HAs anyone else received this e-mail and/or am I missing something?

Depending when you opened it these might be the t&c's that applied. I think they were altered during march. The experience I'm having with them at the moment though would suggest that anything they put in writing isn't necessarily how they will play it. Good luck with it.

To qualify for this Offer, you need to: a).Open a Live spread betting, or CFD, or FX account with VDM Global Markets, on or before 31st March 2009; AND*b).Make an initial deposit of at least £50 (or equivalent in other currencies) and place 3 opening trades within 14 days of opening the account
Once you qualify for this Offer, please email [email protected]*with your full name and account number, and upon verification that you have satisfied the conditions 1.a and 1.b, we will credit your account with a Match Bonus of the same amount as your initial deposit, up to £200.
The Match Bonus cannot be withdrawn from the account as cash, unless you have placed more than 10 opening trades within 3 months from the day the Match Bonus is credited into your account.
This offer applies only to new customers opening a Live account for the first time with VDM Global Markets. Existing Live account customers that have not deposited or traded, may still apply for this Offer; however, the decision will be at VDM Global Markets’ sole discretion.
The Offer may only be taken up once per household. If a customer opens more than one account with VDM Global Markets, we reserve the right not to credit Match Bonus into additional account(s).
VDM Global Markets Ltd is the arbiter of the Offer and reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose the Offer at any time without prior notice. VDM Global Markets Ltd reserves the right to withhold payment of any profits made by a client using this Offer if we believe that the spirit of this Offer is being abused or irregular betting patterns are observed, and in the event of any dispute its decision will be final. Where not specifically covered above, the relevant general VDM Global Markets Ltd Terms will apply as appropriate. VDM Global Markets Ltd, 29th Floor, One Canada Square, London E14 5DY.

[/COLOR]

That's for sure, I've had the same problems with them in the past and the slippage is rarely in the punter's favour. Not any more though, they have closed my account, obviously don't like parting with the cash they steal from us.

TD hope your money has been repatriated to your account (in full!!), I'm having some problems with them in this regard.

Got an email from VDM this morning: To their credit, they refunded the 13 ticks slippage in Gold yesterday, acknowledged that I wanted to close the account and were very courteous - apologising for the slippage and saying that they wished me all the luck in the future :)

They said the slippage problems were due to their "risk model"...lol, whatever that means.

They did ask for a a signed letter (through the post) to close the account plus an original bank statement to refund money. Seems a bit long winded to withdraw funds...but apparently its FSA regulation.

Anyway, as I've always said about VDM: excellent customer service (for me at least) and problems are usually dealt with. But the fact I've needed to complain a few times and have slippage refunded means they are a no go for me...