VDM Markets ?

I know someone who works for VDM ... He didn't recommend i sign up which sums it all up.
Why is that the case? This kind of useless information doesn't help at all. If you have something important to share on VDM, post it!

Last edited:
Why is that the case? This kind of useless information doesn't help at all. If you have something important to share on VDM, post it!

... I asked my mate if they were a good company and he replied ' I wouldn't recommend them, they widen the spreads to insure their own incompetance even in high liquidity, it goes wider, so that noob traders are sucked into trades at higher costs, the management team is very ambitious and not in the customer service way'...

Hope that helps.

... I asked my mate if they were a good company and he replied ' I wouldn't recommend them, they widen the spreads to insure their own incompetance even in high liquidity, it goes wider, so that noob traders are sucked into trades at higher costs, the management team is very ambitious and not in the customer service way'...

Hope that helps.
Thanks HaloTrader, I have been comparing their price feed with the futures for over a year now. No problem at all with the variable spread, if the price feed reflect that of the underlaying asset, I cannot see anything wrong in that. In fact, it can be to your advantage as you will get filled in a volatile market. The service they provide, to my experience, at least from the Swedish outfit have been nothing but excellent so far.

Thanks HaloTrader, I have been comparing their price feed with the futures for over a year now. No problem at all with the variable spread, if the price feed reflect that of the underlaying asset, I cannot see anything wrong in that. In fact, it can be to your advantage as you will get filled in a volatile market. The service they provide, to my experience, at least from the Swedish outfit have been nothing but excellent so far.

u mean they dont requote or reject , but they fill u anyway ?

Just noticed that VDM's spreads on indices vary constantly, just like the real market.

They seem to be very fair. I trade forex with them. The one big complaint I have is that, unlike IG et al, you cannot trade forex, futures or equities from the same account. You can either have a spread betting, CFD or forex account but, cannot trade all markets from one account.

This is absolute bo**ocks and the sooner they amend this the better.

They seem to be very fair. I trade forex with them. The one big complaint I have is that, unlike IG et al, you cannot trade forex, futures or equities from the same account. You can either have a spread betting, CFD or forex account but, cannot trade all markets from one account.

This is absolute bo**ocks and the sooner they amend this the better.

what r u talking about ? u can trade everything from one account at IG , i have account with them ...

Yes no re-quotes or rejection. I have had one or two occasions when I have gotten an error message, that's all. The severs are located in Sweden, so I notice the difference in speed of execution, very fast indeed.

You will get filled but as far as forex is concerned don't expect to be filled at the price you see on the screen when you click the buy/sell button, and it won't be to your advantage surprise, surprise! Good platform though, well laid out and as GLE says fast execution, just a pity about their prices.
This is an occasion when the dreaded 'requote' would be to our advantage. I know there is slippage sometimes with IG but it tends to be minimal and works both ways. ODL and dealing desk on the other hand are very good with fills at the price you request.

Last edited:
but if the price moved u will be rejected ...
No rejections, they don't apply a re-quote. Could be that the servers are located in Sweden. The thing is, I don't have slippage either on the indices. I did a couple of screen recordings on the trades, every time I thought I got the wrong price, the recording proved, that the priced have actually changed on the trade window ticket before I clicked. As mention earlier I have gotten just a few error messages, during a year of trading with them. This error message could be a way of saying, the trade have been rejected due to price no longer valid. I suggest everybody to record their trades, in case you feel you have a problem with slippage.

No rejections, they don't apply a re-quote. Could be that the servers are located in Sweden. The thing is, I don't have slippage either on the indices. I did a couple of screen recordings on the trades, every time I thought I got the wrong price, the recording proved, that the priced have actually changed on the trade window ticket before I clicked. As mention earlier I have gotten just a few error messages, during a year of trading with them. This error message could be a way of saying, the trade have been rejected due to price no longer valid. I suggest everybody to record their trades, in case you feel you have a problem with slippage.

thanks ,my last comment was about DD not VDM

The same goes for DD, not a single re-quote or price no longer valid message. Maybe the SB industry is shaping up?:)

strange ! i thought CS execute DD clients trades , even if price changed DD will fill u ? ...

i c Dow spread 4

seems Saxospreads has the same platform as well

i c Dow spread 4

seems Saxospreads has the same platform as well
Yes DD is on CS servers. Yes this is the thing, DD is an entirely new platform, ver fast feed and execution. As I said no re-quotes or price no longer valid. You got different price quote on the live account. Dow 2 spread, DAX 1 spread and Nasdaq 1 spread. Yes Saxo got the same platform, but I doubt very much they got the same spread.

i am checking Saxospreads demo , the bad thing if i want to place orders , the target price should be far 10 pips from current price on Cable , i like to trade using stop orders ( stop to open )

i am checking Saxospreads demo , the bad thing if i want to place orders , the target price should be far 10 pips from current price on Cable , i like to trade using stop orders ( stop to open )
Could be, DD got 2 spread on the GBP/USD and 1 spread on the EUR/USD.