VDM becomes Gekko...

I'm a member of another forum, the owner of which was apparently approached by this company to promote their services on his site.

He found their proposition very strange - in particular the level of remuneration they were willing to offer for getting members to sign up.

He advised all of his members to steer well clear of them. I have no experience of the company, so I cannot comment on them directly.

So you are saying this forum owner would 'recommend' any SB firms that pay his fees, but bad mouth those that don't? I wonder if these forums are set up to benefit the members, or the owner?!

all (sensible) prop (arcade) traders do... remember we're self employed so operating as a sole trader is not particularly tax efficient...

So you are saying this forum owner would 'recommend' any SB firms that pay his fees, but bad mouth those that don't? I wonder if these forums are set up to benefit the members, or the owner?!

Yeah, when you do read his post it does seem as though they have only bad-mouthed the firm because they have failed to strike an advertising agreement, that's hardly a reason to tell your members not to trade with them

Back to the name change... what a foolish marketing team they have. Do you think they will also go down for insider dealing? :)

Yeah, when you do read his post it does seem as though they have only bad-mouthed the firm because they have failed to strike an advertising agreement, that's hardly a reason to tell your members not to trade with them

Back to the name change... what a foolish marketing team they have. Do you think they will also go down for insider dealing? :)

To BS2 and Goose,

Sorry if this was unclear, but my meaning was the exact opposite.

The point was that apparently this company was offering excessive amounts of money, which made him suspicious. It appeared to him that they were willing to go extraordinary lengths to attract fresh meat, er, I mean new valued clients.

There is no advertising on the forum from any spreadbetting companies, brokers and so on, nor are any endorsed. Problems and suspect practices are highlighted, although perhaps not quite to the extent that they are on here :rolleyes:. The closest we get to that sort of thing over there is members referring each other for free months with SS.

As for figures, I don't have any, as they weren't disclosed.

They might have a new name, but it seems they haven't changed their ways or platform apart from the colour scheme. I believe that Trader Dante closed his account with VDM because of slippage on fills, for no obvious reason other than they want to double the effective spread.