VDM Markets - upto £500 cash back offer

We all know about SB, they are market makers and the spread is their livelihood. I agree, they all play some kind of games or bias against us. I would say some less or more, depending on the spread they offer. However, from my observation through the years trading with SB, it is definitely getting tougher for SB to enroll in these activities. The competition is increasing and the clients are getting well informed and more sophisticated.

Problems with certain platform issues, is bound to appear with a fairly new platform. Hopfully they will correct these problem as time goes by. If not, clients will just move on to another SB.
Agree that it is more difficult for the SB companies, as the number of profitable traders rises. The newbie lets say will only part with a few grand, but a profitable trader will generate big profits, and if the SB firm is not good in hedging this large positions, they indeed might have not enough in the pot to survive, and therefore have to be inventive.
The City of London for example had sent many good traders home, it has already happenned few times, if they pick up trading by themselvels, they are likely to generate profits, probably much larger then their slalaries used to be. Even the big Nick is back from Singapoor and gues what?, he is trading. The fact that he helped the bank to collapse does not necessarily reflect on his private trading account.
That is why one has to watch every platform and do not keep too much funds, apart for the trading requirements.
Anyway, good trading to all,
2be

Agree that it is more difficult for the SB companies, as the number of profitable traders rises. The newbie lets say will only part with a few grand, but a profitable trader will generate big profits, and if the SB firm is not good in hedging this large positions, they indeed might have not enough in the pot to survive, and therefore have to be inventive.
The City of London for example had sent many good traders home, it has already happenned few times, if they pick up trading by themselvels, they are likely to generate profits, probably much larger then their slalaries used to be. Even the big Nick is back from Singapoor and gues what?, he is trading. The fact that he helped the bank to collapse does not necessarily reflect on his private trading account.
That is why one has to watch every platform and do not keep too much funds, apart for the trading requirements.
Anyway, good trading to all,
2be
I don't know if the percentage of winning traders has improved over the years. One thing is for sure though, the spread and service has gotten better. The biggest risk for the SB companies today, is not traders making too much of money. It is their own risk management system failing, closing down positions with margin calls, where the credit has been overdrawn. This has gotten a few SB companies into very big trouble over the years.

I thought good old Nick was into Football and as a writer. I guess it is hard to keep altogheter away, from this game of trading the markets.:)

I don't know if the percentage of winning traders has improved over the years. One thing is for sure though, the spread and service has gotten better. The biggest risk for the SB companies today, is not traders making too much of money. It is their own risk management system failing, closing down positions with margin calls, where the credit has been overdrawn. This has gotten a few SB companies into very big trouble over the years.

I thought good old Nick was into Football and as a writer. I guess it is hard to keep altogheter away, from this game of trading the markets.:)

I think Nick is a well sought after dinner speaker as well, with quite a busy shedule. He made a very common traders mistake, and that's it. There has been an over-reation to it, but it is good that he is doing well now, and I wish him the very best.

I think Nick is a well sought after dinner speaker as well, with quite a busy shedule. He made a very common traders mistake, and that's it. There has been an over-reation to it, but it is good that he is doing well now, and I wish him the very best.
The same goes for me. He has paid the price, and he has proven to be able to turn around his life in a positive way. I have read his book on personal stress management, an exellent book.

Just suffered a 33 pip slippage on a EUR/YEN stop order before the ADP news.

A talk with the dealer said the movement up was very sharp and fast and they got me out at the first price they could. The dealer said, I quote: "I thought the pair was more liquid than that..."

LOL.

Well, whether they are right or am I in this particular incident, this is the last straw and I will be withdrawing my money and closing the account.

Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice...

Worst spreadbet broker I have ever dealt with.

That really goes to show something because I normally am the one telling people to shut the f*ck up for moaning. Got a real dose of my own medicine there.

A talk with the dealer said the movement up was very sharp and fast and they got me out at the first price they could. The dealer said, I quote: "I thought the pair was more liquid than that..."

LOL.

Well, whether they are right or am I in this particular incident, this is the last straw and I will be withdrawing my money and closing the account.

That really goes to show something because I normally am the one telling people to shut the f*ck up for moaning. Got a real dose of my own medicine there.
Sorry to hear that, but you know the risk involved during important news releases. I am not defending VDM or any SB. I had myself a slippage way back of 100 points on the Dow (not with VDM), this was during an important news release. After this experience, I will not put myself in the position to let a market maker get me out on the next price available. Especially if there is a gap one can get into deep problem.

LOL.

Saw this on the Pot Set-ups thread. Don't think I've had more than a pt/pip or two slippage yet in 'normal' market conditions, but perhaps that's because I'd only ever use small stakes with any new SB provider. Maybe the problems only start once you start winning consistently and/or betting more than a certain size. Was this a large position, T_D?

Milking or not milking, over 95% of clients will give them money, as they trade with little discipline, but the real issue is with the little minority who are actually taking profits, and many firms and I suppose VDM including is not too happy to share their spoil with them. That is why the newbies are likely to experience little problems with the trading platform, as they part with their money fast and furious, but it might be a different situation if one is taking profits regularly. I am watching VDM performance atm, and have linked these problems to the system being still worked on, as that is what has been said when I phonned the customer department. By the way it does not sound good if you cannot change the orders made by phone, it is probably the only company with such a policy. What about establishing new SL if the market goes in your favour?
I do expect market manipulation by the market maker, but to a degree, all of them do so, but after survivg the jump without a parashute, it is painful to die being bitten by a wild animal with a snout.
I am watching VDM performance closely to make my mind if it is not too big ordeal to stay with them.

VDM execution of my trades was good today, there was a bit and on one occassion rather a lot of slippage, but it came in my favour.
I also phonned them re the telephone trading and one can ammend the trades by phonning them, set new SL, PT execute new trades or cover the existing positions. That is what has been said to me over the phone, have not tried it in real trading.
I am still watching their performance atm. But so far it seems to work.
By their slippage on occassion their missrepresent the price in relation to the other market makers, and by it possibly catch a few newbs, and might make live more difficult to those who take advantage of this, so far very regular appearance. As far as I am aware it is not illegal to be on the either side of this price difference. Hope they will fix it, as in long term it does not help anybody, even if for a time being it is a bit "funny".
Many good trades to all,
2be

So can someone friendly refer me :)

The fact that he helped the bank to collapse does not necessarily reflect on his private trading account.

except that he made the bank his private trading account. Maybe he learnt to cut a loss

Last edited:
VDM execution of my trades was good today, there was a bit and on one occassion rather a lot of slippage, but it came in my favour.
I also phonned them re the telephone trading and one can ammend the trades by phonning them, set new SL, PT execute new trades or cover the existing positions. That is what has been said to me over the phone, have not tried it in real trading.
I am still watching their performance atm. But so far it seems to work.
By their slippage on occassion their missrepresent the price in relation to the other market makers, and by it possibly catch a few newbs, and might make live more difficult to those who take advantage of this, so far very regular appearance. As far as I am aware it is not illegal to be on the either side of this price difference. Hope they will fix it, as in long term it does not help anybody, even if for a time being it is a bit "funny".
Many good trades to all,
2be

VDM was ok today with their execution, a bit slippy at times, and once I have been requoted, but that is normal. I have not been travelling with to large positions in relation to my account. Once I have had to login as the trading station closed on me while in trade, but I was able to login again and coverred the trade, probably with some difference, but thats it. Have had a profitable day over all, so I cannot complain.
Many good trades to all,
2be

After complaining to VDM customer service over slippage on a few of my trades they credited my account with the difference on the trades this morning and say that they are currently upgrading their system. So at the moment I cant complain!!

After complaining to VDM customer service over slippage on a few of my trades they credited my account with the difference on the trades this morning and say that they are currently upgrading their system. So at the moment I cant complain!!

A SB company admitting they made a mistake? That should be on the front page of the Times.

VDM was ok today with their execution, a bit slippy at times, and once I have been requoted, but that is normal. I have not been travelling with to large positions in relation to my account. Once I have had to login as the trading station closed on me while in trade, but I was able to login again and coverred the trade, probably with some difference, but thats it. Have had a profitable day over all, so I cannot complain.
Many good trades to all,
2be

There has been a very noticable time slippage on some of my trades, both entries and exits on Friday, mind you I have more that doubled my accont with them over the last few days, on scalping, and my positions have become bigger. If they continue to slow me down, or do not execute my trades, I shall use them on my medium lenght trades, using the direction in accordance with Delta. Less trades, but overall very profitable. From that I shall be able to discern whether VDM are serious about their business or if they are only interested in newbs parting with their initial trading capital. So far I do not know but there are some disturbing noises, I shall see if they are willling to service a profitable account, if not and if they make it difficult to execute trades, I shall take it as a sign that they are not worth to be botherred with.
I shall update you, as we go on.
Happy trading to all,
2be

There has been a very noticable time slippage on some of my trades, both entries and exits on Friday, mind you I have more that doubled my accont with them over the last few days, on scalping, and my positions have become bigger. If they continue to slow me down, or do not execute my trades, I shall use them on my medium lenght trades, using the direction in accordance with Delta. Less trades, but overall very profitable. From that I shall be able to discern whether VDM are serious about their business or if they are only interested in newbs parting with their initial trading capital. So far I do not know but there are some disturbing noises, I shall see if they are willling to service a profitable account, if not and if they make it difficult to execute trades, I shall take it as a sign that they are not worth to be botherred with.
I shall update you, as we go on.
Happy trading to all,
2be
Thanks, a good informative post. Please, continue to report on your findings trading with VDM.

Thanks, a good informative post. Please, continue to report on your findings trading with VDM.
There is a very very slow execution on VDM platform, they seem to be purposely confussed about what is the Market Price, at which they are willing to fill you in and what is displayed by their platform. Often the difference is not significant, but they are not filling my trades fast enough, and if there is any movement in the market in lets say 30 seconds, they say the market has moved and your order is not longer reflecting the current market, yet it is they that caused the delay themselves, or they software, I do not know, and because they do not requote, orders which are not filled in are simply ignorred. Telephone trading is one possible solution, and I shall try it. I am increasigly tired with this slowness, and hope they will improve it.
Happy trading to all,
2be

There is a very very slow execution on VDM platform, they seem to be purposely confussed about what is the Market Price, at which they are willing to fill you in and what is displayed by their platform. Often the difference is not significant, but they are not filling my trades fast enough, and if there is any movement in the market in lets say 30 seconds, they say the market has moved and your order is not longer reflecting the current market, yet it is they that caused the delay themselves, or they software, I do not know, and because they do not requote, orders which are not filled in are simply ignorred. Telephone trading is one possible solution, and I shall try it. I am increasigly tired with this slowness, and hope they will improve it.
Happy trading to all,
2be
Yes, this is not good if it becomes too frequent. They have variable spread, so one expect they will execute your orders. You being a short term trader, and on the winning side, you might be in for some problems. If you feel you are forced to telephone trading, I believe it is time to move on. Interesting to see how it is developing. Keep reporting.

Last edited:
Yes, this is not good if it becomes too frequent. They have variable spread, so one expect they will execute your orders. You being a short term trader, and on the winning side, you might be in for some problems. If you feel you are forced to telephone trading, I believe it is time to move on. Interesting to see how it is developing. Keep reporting.
I got my little plan to force them to close my acc by being profitable even if I have to telephonr trading. This will show their true colours. I also have a longet TF strat, so we shall see. I shall update.

If you think VDM's platform is slow, try ODL!
Thanks for the warning, I thought to open account with them some time ago, obviously it is not likely to happen, even if there are thousands of red dragons on Bloomberg advertising ODL virtuous!