Turbo Morning Trade EA

Great work. Can you please show your results in pips per contract? Or quantify the winnings in another way?

When I backtested these settings again, the PF was lower, might be because of the recent losses. The backtesting was only from Oct. 31 to present.

I'm demoing the settings until I go live again this month.

I am going live this week again. I was going to wait for NFP but I think this week may be good.

When I backtested these settings again, the PF was lower, might be because of the recent losses. The backtesting was only from Oct. 31 to present.

I'm demoing the settings until I go live again this month.

Mark's update makes it a whole new ballgame. I believe that the pending order feature could improve out the risk-reward ratio in a choppy market. Hope it's possible to backtest different pending order settings.

Settings I'm going to use after backtesting with the latest version:
Time: 5:45 - 6:00 GMT
2, -5, 2, 44 SL, 16 BE, 5 Addpips, 0, 0, 27 TP, 82% close, Exit 3, 35 2ndTP, 50 Trailing stop pips, ATR trailing false.

Backtested various times within a range of 5:45 - 6:45 GMT and for now the settings above work well.

how do you use the new limit order entry?

if you use EntryType = 2, and EntryPipsOffset = 10, does that place the entry 10 pips above the market?

if so, i don't understand how that is useful, since one does not know if it should be above or below the market unless one is watching.

if one is watching, there is no need for a robot to place the entry.

it would be better if it placed the entry 10 pips above or below market price in the opposite direction of the trade.

or maybe i not understand how this works?

I'm finding that I am not really getting any more pips with my settings, I am running 40, 20, 0, 0, 0, first profit target 35, 60, second profit strategy 1, ATR trailing true. Does anybody find this as well?

how do you use the new limit order entry?

if you use EntryType = 2, and EntryPipsOffset = 10, does that place the entry 10 pips above the market?

if so, i don't understand how that is useful, since one does not know if it should be above or below the market unless one is watching.

if one is watching, there is no need for a robot to place the entry.

it would be better if it placed the entry 10 pips above or below market price in the opposite direction of the trade.

or maybe i not understand how this works?

The description in the manual is a bit confusing, but after I backtested a few times this is what I found:
If EntryPipOffset is a negative number, the EA will enter either a limit buy or a limit sell, and you will get a better price for entry, but you may not get filled if the price does not retrace. If it is a positive number, the EA will enter either a stop buy or stop sell, and you will pay a premium for entry, but perhaps you will have more confidence that the price is going in the right direction.
Hope this helps.

The description in the manual is a bit confusing, but after I backtested a few times this is what I found:
If EntryPipOffset is a negative number, the EA will enter either a limit buy or a limit sell, and you will get a better price for entry, but you may not get filled if the price does not retrace. If it is a positive number, the EA will enter either a stop buy or stop sell, and you will pay a premium for entry, but perhaps you will have more confidence that the price is going in the right direction.
Hope this helps.

Did you or anybody else try this today? When I resume trading, either Monday or the following Monday, I plan to -10 to -20 on days like today, when the Asian range is 40 or more. If you're correct, and Mark's confusing statement means that a negative number is a pullback, then -10 today should have given resulted in a better entry. But I want to see this work in the market before I try it.

Did you or anybody else try this today? When I resume trading, either Monday or the following Monday, I plan to -10 to -20 on days like today, when the Asian range is 40 or more. If you're correct, and Mark's confusing statement means that a negative number is a pullback, then -10 today should have given resulted in a better entry. But I want to see this work in the market before I try it.

I am not going to use it yet because I haven't seen much benefit on backtests. If you want to check it out, just do some backtest, and look in the results tab of metatrader. You will see either lots of limit entries or lots of stop entries depending on whether you input a neg or pos number.

Settings I'm going to use after backtesting with the latest version:
Time: 5:45 - 6:00 GMT
2, -5, 2, 44 SL, 16 BE, 5 Addpips, 0, 0, 27 TP, 82% close, Exit 3, 35 2ndTP, 50 Trailing stop pips, ATR trailing false.

Backtested various times within a range of 5:45 - 6:45 GMT and for now the settings above work well.

Thanks Magic - I appreciate your work

I am not going to use it yet because I haven't seen much benefit on backtests. If you want to check it out, just do some backtest, and look in the results tab of metatrader. You will see either lots of limit entries or lots of stop entries depending on whether you input a neg or pos number.

I doubt if there's a benefit with automatic trading. With a minimum -10 pip pullback, I would only enter a pending order in a choppy market or a market with a 40-pip Asian range. The TMT EA cannot detect either. So for me, the pending order will only be activated when I decide not to trade automatically.

Hope this helps.

thanks - that is definitely helpful. the price usually moves up and down during the london open time frame; i've wondered how two 10 pip trades, one long and one short would do.

a minus 10 limit order sounds like it might be useful, but i do not see the value of a stop order unless it is placed just beyond a support level, which requires manual order placement. if you get any interesting backtest results, please update us!

Guys is there a new version of TMT? I didn't get any email?

Thanks,
Sandy

yes, you need to re-download from same page you got the prior TMT from. it may still say version 1.2 on the download page, but it is version 1.3.

Has anybody tried setting their stop loss to B/E as opposed to -40? Obviously we will get a lot less trades but in theory you could set your lot size as high as margins will allow so when it does go in your direction the profits will be massive.