Turbo Morning Trade EA

I was always wondering why so few retail traders are successful.

Here is the answer:

Look at the backtest with optimized settings, using version 1.2 and complete history data.

Why would anybody go and fix or add anything? This is as great as it can get!

Just let it trade and keep the clumsy fingers away.

MHK

When you say "optimized", are you talking about the backtest, or do you mean you used Mark's suggested settings for the EA. If not Mark's, what settings did you test?

Great results. Was that with trailing period 20, and trailing CoEf of 1.0?

MHK I'm also interested in the coefficient. From the back testing report it looks like the coefficient was 4.0. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Sandy

What brokers are you using for results? I am using ThinkForex and TMT has not had a trade in the thre days I have had it active. I know its active because I have the email alert function set to true and it has sent me a no trade email the last three days.

Decided to tweak the settings a bit: Time range of 6-6:30 (30 min earlier), 40SL, 24 BE, 7 addPips, 35 BE, 7addpips, 35TP, 50% close, Exit 1, ATR True.

The change was the additional BE's and Add pips. Backtesting gave better results.

Decided to tweak the settings a bit: Time range of 6-6:30 (30 min earlier), 40SL, 24 BE, 7 addPips, 35 BE, 7addpips, 35TP, 50% close, Exit 1, ATR True.

The change was the additional BE's and Add pips. Backtesting gave better results.

First I would like to thank you for sharing your backtesting results with us. But can i know what period you have taken in your backtesting? what was the profit factor and winning percentage?

Thank you again.

Anyone understand the ADRF filter? The manual says that it will not trade when there is a big movement in the Asian session. This is what we saw today, but my TMT ea still traded with the ADRF filter set to true. Not sure why?

Anyone understand the ADRF filter? The manual says that it will not trade when there is a big movement in the Asian session. This is what we saw today, but my TMT ea still traded with the ADRF filter set to true. Not sure why?

Ok the question is, what is the criteria to say that big or small move? is ther certain number of pips? like if it exceeds 80 pips thats a big move?

SHORT trades are unaffected by this filter. Read the manual again.

SHORT trades are unaffected by this filter. Read the manual again.

Optimized means, that i took the best settings from the backtest, not the suggested settings by Marc.

Data is alpari live data from their NDD platform with a spread of 1.8 pips.

All settings are in the report!

MHK

for me TMT worked fine today. 35 pips at half then closed at BE. For me that is working. But, I need to work out the best optimum settings as I want to use the 3 candle back rule which didn't work. If it had then I would have had more in the bag.

Love this EA, just a few more tweaks then onto the live account to replace FMT.

for me TMT worked fine today. 35 pips at half then closed at BE. For me that is working. But, I need to work out the best optimum settings as I want to use the 3 candle back rule which didn't work. If it had then I would have had more in the bag.

Love this EA, just a few more tweaks then onto the live account to replace FMT.

Good work. but how could you reach 35 pips here and you didn't reach it with FMT? don't you follow the FMT rules the TP 35?

Hit TP35 with both FxPro and Forex.com! :D

I'm now looking for the best settings for TMT.
I'm using 6:15-6:45 (GMT) for entry. Today I could enter at a slightly better price than the normal 6:30 setting thanks to this time range.

Good work. but how could you reach 35 pips here and you didn't reach it with FMT? don't you follow the FMT rules the TP 35?
I have TMT window 06-30 to 08-30 whereas FMT is 07-30. So TMT starts an hour earlier, if fact it triggered sell @ 06-30 1.5713 whereas FMT triggered at 07-30 1.5702.
All times UK.

Am OK with these settings, just need to refine the TMT exit 2 a little better.

Until now the best timing is 6:15-6:30 (as per my testing). I have attached the test report so you can check it out.

Attachments

• Test05.gif
    Test05.gif
    6.2 KB · Views: 239
  • Test05.htm
    207.6 KB · Views: 438
First I would like to thank you for sharing your backtesting results with us. But can i know what period you have taken in your backtesting? what was the profit factor and winning percentage?

Thank you again.

I'm only backtesting since Oct. 31 to present, because it takes 15 min for each backtest. I'm trying out different settings comparing FMT, Turbo, and Breakout Genius to figure out what is best for each EA, i.e. time setting, BE or no BE, TP, etc.

Last ight I just checked the total dollar amount and based that as the best setting. I've been backtesting the EA's every day for the last month. Then I have to notate each setting with each EA, it gets complicated. Sometimes the history has to get reloaded because of errors. Even tried using Dukascopy's history but couldn't get it to work properly. Then backtested over the weekends and found out that weekends aren't reliable. The settings above are based upon last night's backtesting from Oct 31.

Another concern is backtesting during time changes during the summer, so I only backtest from time change to time change. Dec. 2009 - March 2010 are dismal no matter what settings. A good deal of history is missing in May, and I think July. Anyway the recent history seems to be relevent for these settings, and I think being flexible and changing with the market would be a good approach.

I never backtested EA's until August when I had some huge losses with another EA, which taught me a lot about risk! Last night decided to run with all 3 of these EA's using different times. BG at 5:45, Turbo at 6, and MT at 6:30. Had a loss earlier this week by moving BG ahead 15 minutes and decided to move it back, and have earned back the losses this morning with all 3 EA's.

TMT earned 7 pips this morning.

Better settings appear to be: 40SL, 2BE with pips, 2BE w/pips, 25 TP, 35 2nd TP, 50%, Exit 1, ATR True. No BE settings, same as original MT. Still playing with settings.

6-6:30 time range: 30 min earlier than FMT. Earned $357 w/$1/lot, Oct 31 - present. PF 3.98, 92.68%

I just corrected the earnings.

Last edited: