Trading RAW

As a vendor myself I have found that the people that genuinely get the most use from a service don't recommend it or talk about it to anyone unless they are truly helpful people.

Since the majority are not, lots of recommendations for a service should be treated with skepticism in my opinion.

I think people talk about it because they are grateful. I'm an optimist where is all this negative energy coming from?

I think people talk about it because they are grateful. I'm an optimist where is all this negative energy coming from?

The negative energy comes from the fact that 99% of people who spam T2W like you did turn out to be scams. I'm not saying you're a scam but the methods you tried to initially use led people to be suspicious of you. That was a bit of an own goal, now you have to work twice as hard to establish your credibility. I think you tried to get something for free and perhaps assumed that people would be too dumb to check you out.

"Clearly, superficially at least, both these reviews appear to be bogus. If I was the owner of TradingRAW - that would worry me - "

This comment is an interpretation, bogus or not isn't the issue, the issue is an assumption drawn without any due diligence. What you are saying is, these reviewers should edit it to make it more real under your assumption that they made bogus reviews? What if they are real? Editing to make it look real would be bogus no? That would be smart scamming.

Hi tradingRAW,
No, I'm not saying that at all. You have completely misunderstood me. I have gone to great trouble to explain this to you via PM but, for the benefit of subscribers to this thread, I shall repeat it again here. Hopefully for the last time!

Many members will assume the reviews are bogus for reasons that have been clearly outlined in previous posts. To summarise:
1. You spammed the forums and the Moderators deleted your thread as it was in clear breach of T2W site guidelines.
2. You applied to have your site listed in the Reviews section and I duly obliged. I PMd you with a link to the relevant section of the 'I'm New To T2W - Where Do I Start?' FAQ which explains what a review is and the sort of information it should contain.
3. You did not get a vendors badge until I told you to get one.
4. Within a matter of a few hours of your listing, 2 new members join the site and post very poor 'reviews' - in as much as they provide precious little useful information about your products / services.

When viewed collectively, circumstancial evidence that you're out to spam T2W is substantial. As I've made very clear to you already, the onus is on YOU to prove that you're genuiune and credible. The onus is NOT on the T2W membership (or even Moderators or Staff like me) to conduct 'due diligence' as you put it - to find out if you're genuine or not. You've got it completely the wrong way around and I'm very surprised that you appear to have such trouble understanding this. You know you're the real deal - but we don't. How do we decide? We look at the way you conduct yourself on the site. This is the way it works, it's the reality of the situation. Don't fight it - accept it - and work with it. Offering to let Amit do a proper review is a smart move in the right direction.

I understand that the reviewers can't help the fact that they're new to the site and have no track record here. What you and they ought to realise though, is that if they post a review, at the very least, it's essential that it doesn't appear like they're merely ramping your product or service as part of an orchestated scamming campaign. Unfortunately, they've failed. This is doubly unfortunate if they are in fact genuine customers (and I for one now believe you/them that they are). All they have to do to provide much needed credibility is to write an honest account about the things that people want to know about. Specifically, they should write about: A) Quality, performance and reliability. B) Ease of use. C) Novel features and benefits. D) Client support. E) Value for money etc. Personally, I'm always suspicious of any review anywhere that says something is brilliant and gives it 10/10. There's always some flaw - no matter how small - and there's always room for improvement.

If they edited their review to mention these things - that would add some credibility to both them and to tradingRAW. It would only be bogus if they're not customers and their comments are untrue. And, obviously, I'm not wanting anyone to write a bunch of lies! This is all pretty basic and obvious stuff. Anyway, in light of this experience, I've drafted a PM / e-mail that I'll send out to anyone who requests to have their site listed in the reviews section in the future. I've added it here (in blue, below). If anyone has any comments as to how it might be improved - please let me know.
Tim.

E-mail / PM to New ‘Courses & Coaching’ Listings
This is a generic e-mail / PM to send to any vendor who is newly listed in the ‘Courses & Coaching’ section of the ‘Websites’ category in the Reviews section.

Dear (username / website),
[website] has been added to the T2W Reviews section at your request / request of [member’s username]. [Link to new listing]

T2W is one of the largest – if not the largest – trading community website in the world. Many of our members are new and inexperienced traders which, unfortunately, can attract the attention of some unscrupulous vendors who seek to promote their questionable products and services. Once their website is listed on T2W, a common tactic is to get their friends to register and post glowing reviews. Often, the reviews lack any real substance and contain little or no useful information, e.g. “This product/service is brilliant and I rate it 10/10”. In some cases, the ‘reviewers’ join T2W the same day that they post the review and make no other contributions to the site.

Fear not - we have no reason to think that you are an unscrupulous vendor and, furthermore, we understand that you may want to notify your customers of your listing here on T2W - in case they wish to write a review. This is perfectly fine and reasonable. However, please be aware that if they do join (assuming they’re not members already) and post a review as described above, they and [website name] may attract the attention of some senior and well respected members who will question the validity - not only of the reviews themselves - but, by implication, the value and credibility of your site and its products and services. Assuming you are not an unscrupulous vendor and are anxious to avoid this scenario, here is what we advise . . .

1. Familiarize yourself with the T2W Site Guidelines T2W does not permit advertising and attempting to use the forums or the Reviews section as a means of free advertising is a clear breach of the guidelines and will not be tolerated.
2. If you – or a representative of [website name] wishes to join the site, you/they will need to display a vendor’s badge. To do this, go to your User Control Panel > Edit My Details and scroll down to ‘Vendor’ and select one of the options in the drop down menu.
3. Please read the FAQ: I'm New To T2W - Where Do I Start? (post #2 - 'Long Answer'). Specifically, please note the section concerning reviews entitled: ‘3. Are there any guidelines about writing reviews?’
4. To gain maximum credibility, we advise complete transparency. This is especially important if you’re new to T2W and have no track record with us. Please submit your product / service to either T2W Staff or Moderators to review. We regret that we cannot pay you for this.
5. By all means invite your customers to join T2W (if they’re not members already), but request that they don’t post a review until they have been members for 3 months or more and have made good contributions to forum discussions; upwards of 25 posts.
6. Ensure that they understand the difference between a proper review and a mere testimonial or recommendation. Unlike the example above, a proper review will attempt to answer the types of questions members want answers to. E.g., they should write about: A) Quality, performance and reliability. B) Ease of use. C) Novel features and benefits. D) Client support. E) Value for money etc.

In a nutshell, you need to be aware of the tactics used by unscrupulous vendors and to actively distance yourself from them. Of course, doing all these things will take time and effort. However, this is the best way to achieve maximum credibility with the T2W membership, leading to future sales of your products and services. Trying to take short cuts could easily backfire and result in a lot of negative posts and adverse publicity.

Thank you for your interest in T2W and please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any queries.
Kind regards,
Tim.
Content Manager

Thanks Amit for a very good review but please let me comment on a few things.

Proprietary traders get access to tremendous amount of leverage. The purpose statement specifically talks about proprietary trading and not retail. It advises traders to learn to trade before risking real capital. Being in the proprietary trading industry as a trader and mentor for over 10 years, many new traders under estimate the time it takes to develop solid skills to consistently trade profitably. The learning curve is steep and the costs such as fees, tuition, on top of losing to the market during the learning curve adds up and erode the capital a new trader contributes, thus terminating his/her trading career prematurely. This I believe is the primary reason why many new traders fail.

tradingRAW differentiate through transparency; education through real-time trading and not hindsight. Its raw footage of what happens on the ground, this is what tradingRAW brings to the table. On the topic of using stops, stops are not needed if you are on top of your positions at all times, actively managing positions is part of our execution discipline. Stop are not only cut loss orders but for entries as well, many times stops are use to enter a postion. For the most part this is where we tend to use them as entries or re-entries.

"However, one item to note here is that Bano emphasizes that in response to the news catalyst, the stock must not have generated large pre-market movement. This, in my opinion, limits the list of potential trading stocks significantly. Large gap ups/downs due to excessive pre-market activity can provide excellent opportunities for generating a list of stocks."

When generating a list its not the size of the list that is important but an affective means to differentiate in order to narrow down the list and still come up with strong performing stocks. Imagine a list of 50 stocks....it would be very difficult and overwhelming to track such a list. A differentiating means must exist. tradingRAW watch list can start with 20-50 stocks including gapping stocks but narrowed down to 6-8 which is much more manageable yet from the ad videos produces stellar moves.

"Perhaps the lack of any pre-market activity is not due to a change
in peoples' perceived value of a stock, but rather, peoples' lack of surprise
of the news catalyst. In other words, perhaps people had already priced in the
information over time as many traders expected the news."

Videos prove otherwise as all stock selection on video are based on tradingRAW parameters for consistent performance and is based on 10+ years of observation. There are a few case where we trade outside of the parameters and this is discuss pre-market as to why. tradingRAW focus on the market's lag in its ability to comprehend fresh news and not in its ability to efficiently discern the catalyst. Transparency through desktop video goes against the statement above. Gaps are very hard to discern, differentiate and consistently trade for the reason that the market is on top of the news.

"One drawback to these videos is that in many videos, Bano can be seen managing more than one position, which can be overwhelming to new traders who wish to focus on just one stock at any given time."

Multi-position is very important and it is a skill that must be develop for consistency as a number game is perhaps unavoidable. Some videos show single position management because stock selection was right on but the reality is, it's not the case everyday. But once a trader understand the tape reading concept, multi-position video are actually helpful because it can be played over and over. So a video showing 5 position at the same time can be watch 5 times focusing on one stock at a time applying tape reading skills accordingly. What is important to notice, patterns does not change its the same pattern whether its 1 stock or 5 stocks. Think juggling, hands moves in a consistent pattern (perhaps faster with more items) whether 3 or 6 pins being juggled. Multi-position is no different, your crunching the same tape pattern (perhaps faster with more stocks) across several stocks. Also level I reading skills are imperative to multi-position development. Imagine 5 level II and 5 time and sales and five charts to track 5 positions.

In ending, what I wanted out of this review is creditability...and I think Amit did a great job at that.

Thanks again Amit.

Last edited: