Trading RAW

ye, my review maybe sounds a bit ridiculous...but my point is im more than satisfied, so thats all you have to take from it.

As I have made clear on other threads, I will list any vendor - either at the request of members wanting to write a review or by the company itself. In all cases, I bring the review guidelines to the attention of anyone making such a request.

So...

I can start up some signal selling service, or trader coaching thing, whatever. All it takes is a website, a few "testimonials" and "live trading videos' and we're bingo. Set up a paypal account and wait for the money to roll in...

... then, to drum up more business, I register on a trading forum with a few mates and we all start talking about how great my service is. Eventually, someone starts to ask difficult questions (one potential customer asked for audited accounts, but I didn't provide them, and now he's telling all my potential customers and it's putting them off, dammit!)

What can I do? Everyone is saying I am not a serious operator!

I know - I'll complain to T2W and invariably they'll delete the thread. Then, I'll ask them to put my service up in the review section, where me and my mates can write up cracking reviews all we like. If someone asks if we are actual customers, we'll just bounce the same $200 between us and show it as proof.

Good job T2W :sneaky:

Sorry I'm teasing you but my point is that the reviews system is open to abuse as you can clearly see.
Hi pboyles,
Yes, I'm aware of it's flaws.
I added a T2W Staff edit to pavlov's review saying that it might be bogus. I removed it upon receipt of his PayPal receipt. I'm not sure what else we can - or should - do? In this day and age, I think most members are aware that reviews may not be genuine and take all of them with a pinch of salt. All I can say is that if I was a vendor and wanted customers to review my product/service - I'd want the reviews to at least appear genuine. And the best way to do that is stick to the guidelines linked in my earlier post. Clearly, superficially at least, both these reviews appear to be bogus. If I was the owner of TradingRAW - that would worry me - especially if I'm a genuine person with a good quality product or service and both reviewers are genuine customers. If I'm not - and they're not - then I wouldn't care less.
Tim.

tradingRAW is viewing the thread, I'm sure he'll answer.

@TradingRAW

Hi - I understand that you operate a trader coaching service for daytrading US stocks. Unfortunately, somebody here has endorsed your service in such a way that it seems, in common parlance, dodgy. It is not clear whether you have played any part in this.

However, I do believe this recent activity presents a fabulous opportunity for you to promote your service - I suggest you offer one of the more senior members of T2W (say, a moderator), a week long trial of your service in order that they write a review in the review section.

The moderators here have been around for quite a while, and so a positive review of your service will certainly reflect positively on you.

What do you say?

Yes but where is the company registered, it has to be incorporated somewhere, right? The website doesnt even give an address, do you see how that looks a bit dodgy?

First let me apologize to everyone, staff and members of t2w for promoting my site. It will not happen again.

I want to put an end to this once and for all so that we can go on and be constructive. As mention from deleted posts, I was a mentor for 6+ years at Assent and Wasserman Capital. tradingRAW is not incorporated, it was a means for me to service a demand brought by youtube viewers that happened to like what I was showing to my remote traders. There is really nothing else to add to this story. The name tradingRAW means trading the tape. "RAW" means unprocessed data.

The reviews are real, I emailed t2w personally to get my site on there just like anything body else because I thought tradingRAW would get some needed exposure for something that has made my members very happy. Perhaps many more struggling traders can finally find a site that actually delivers. I was excited and told my members that we made it on T2W review section and this might be tradingRAW's break. Because as you can see the scam tainted environment I’m facing is a very tough one to crack.

I was looking forward to discussing tradingRAW but as you know "What is tradingRAW" was deleted. In ending…if you welcome me, I’ll continue answering questions about trading or if you like I can leave t2w and hope that you will accept my apologies.

Bano/tradingRAW

@TradingRAW

Hi - I understand that you operate a trader coaching service for daytrading US stocks. Unfortunately, somebody here has endorsed your service in such a way that it seems, in common parlance, dodgy. It is not clear whether you have played any part in this.

However, I do believe this recent activity presents a fabulous opportunity for you to promote your service - I suggest you offer one of the more senior members of T2W (say, a moderator), a week long trial of your service in order that they write a review in the review section.

The moderators here have been around for quite a while, and so a positive review of your service will certainly reflect positively on you.

What do you say?

Done!! email me [email protected]

Anyone can criticize. It's easy. On the other hand, constructive suggestions about how to tackle the problem . . .
;)

How about this:

* Delete the whole review section

* Create a new "type" of T2W member - a T2W "reviewer"
-> T2W reviewers can be selected from anyone with > XXX posts and who the T2W admin believe to be honest and responsible. Quality of post history should obviously be a factor

* In order for a product to have a review on the site, 2 (or more) T2W reviewers should be granted free access to the service, on the grounds that the reviewer writes a comprehensive and sensible review of the service they experienced ( say marks out of 10 over 5 categories, plus at least 750 words)

* These reviews are then treated as "stickies", with other reviwers able to add their own experiences below.

I believe this would have the following (positive) impacts on T2Ws...

* Content - becoming a T2W reviewer should act as incentive for quality/sensible/honest/ non-lulzy posts (because they get to try out the services for free if they are selected)

* Transparancy - at least two of the reviews will have come from members who are known not to be affiliated with the vendor

* Credibility - Given time, T2W could position itself as the "Which? guide to trading vendors"

* reduction in the example of suspicious reviews as we have seen here.

* and, of course, a step towards fairer reviews.

Anyone can criticize. It's easy. On the other hand, constructive suggestions about how to tackle the problem . . .
;)

Forget the reviews section, let them post all the spam they want, they'll soon regret it when they are exposed as scammers. In the unlikely event that they are not scammers then they have nothing to fear from the scrutiny.

This is a general comment, not necessarily related to tradingRAW.

;)

Yes, and since my good lady is away and I'm a little awash with g&t I'm gonna have a rant :mad:

I spend hours on this flippin' site for no reward (and a lot of missed trades over the years) doing my best to keep it clear of dross and sneaky advertisers. No-one sees the thousands of deleted posts from such people, nor do they cast much, if any, of a comment when they do occasionally notice.

So what thanks do I get. Sweet fanny adams - just accusations that I must be in cahoots with these people if I happen to miss the odd hidden advert here and there. Accusations that rise in crescendo if I take the liberty of deleting the odd ott comments critical of such "advertisers". Deafening those accusations become if the thread has to go because of legal reasons - it's not your damn pockets that would be emptied if the worst came to the worst - when I become part of the alleged scams.

Well thanks a lot y'all - it's so nice to be appreciated.

jon

if Jon would like to take a break - whether he wants to try out tradingRAW or not - I nominate myself as a temporary mod to take his place.

Yes, and since my good lady is away and I'm a little awash with g&t I'm gonna have a rant :mad:

I spend hours on this flippin' site for no reward (and a lot of missed trades over the years) doing my best to keep it clear of dross and sneaky advertisers. No-one sees the thousands of deleted posts from such people, nor do they cast much, if any, of a comment when they do occasionally notice.

So what thanks do I get. Sweet fanny adams - just accusations that I must be in cahoots with these people if I happen to miss the odd hidden advert here and there. Accusations that rise in crescendo if I take the liberty of deleting the odd ott comments critical of such "advertisers". Deafening those accusations become if the thread has to go because of legal reasons - it's not your damn pockets that would be emptied if the worst came to the worst - when I become part of the alleged scams.

Well thanks a lot y'all - it's so nice to be appreciated.

jon

But there's the prestige of being a GLOBAL moderator, I mean the stories you can tell down the pub. The privileges of rank must make it worth it, don't you get to wear a couple of stars on your shoulder at at the annual T2W convention? Come on, don't tell us its all bad.

If this comes about, good on you mate.

Mods / timsk, Bano here has agreed to my suggestion above. I emplore you to take him up on his offer, and you have a "dry run" of the review process I described above.

its done..Tim has user name and password I just sent it to him.

But there's the prestige of being a GLOBAL moderator, I mean the stories you can tell down the pub. The privileges of rank must make it worth it, don't you get to wear a couple of stars on your shoulder at at the annual T2W convention? Come on, don't tell us its all bad.

:LOL: 'fraid not, pb - all I get is complaints from herself about screen time and the grass getting long (or the leaves uncleared at this time of year). We're having our annual junket next week - first time i've been able to make it - so i'll dig out some stars and see how it goes - hoots of derison i guess.

jon

As a vendor myself I have found that the people that genuinely get the most use from a service don't recommend it or talk about it to anyone unless they are truly helpful people.

Since the majority are not, lots of recommendations for a service should be treated with skepticism in my opinion.