Traders Teaching / Teachers Trading ?

I know a successful trader who teaches, and its not a 'vanity project'...is this ok? He used to post on here a lot, but I guess you were too busy making sweeping generalisations to stumble upon them.

What's his name then?

The Problem lies with the claims of most trainers and coaches out there justifying their fees with integrated systems that they also sell as part of the training package

are you then judging the success of the system or the ability of the trainer ?

Good trainer / bad system ? or is it Good system / Bad Trainer ? .;)
N

This says it all right here. I'd bet most of the scammers that Leopard listed can teach the mechanics of trading, in fact most of us here could teach the mechanics of trading. Teaching someone to actually be profitable is an entirely different issue. Along with knowing the "what" and "how" of trading a trader also needs patience and discipline. With few exceptions these simply cannot be taught. Individuals must learn these on their own through time and experience and many cannot learn these due to fear, paranoia, a closed mindset, or emotional state.

The scammers are selling hope and promises and preying on greed. Their package deals are just fluff to make their lofty fees seem justified.

Peter

....'They do not teach, but those that do must be vain'....hmm great comment. How short sighted are you?

I know a successful trader who teaches, and its not a 'vanity project'...is this ok? He used to post on here a lot, but I guess you were too busy making sweeping generalisations to stumble upon them.

This is what I actually said:

3. "Why does a successful trader chose to teach ?"

They almost certainly wouldn't.

That allows for the possibility that they would. In my opinion it is unlikely, but I have not said that it is impossible.

Some might do it as a vanity project.

Again, I have said that some might do it as a vanity project. Note, I did not say all do, I said that some might. This again seems reasonable, unless you are suggesting that it is impossible that any would do it for such a reason. I merely make the suggestion that SOME MIGHT do it for the reason stated.

Later on in my post, I say that the vast majority (at least) of vendors and educators do what they do for money. They need to do that for money because they can't trade successfully. This does not appear to be controversial, and it also allows for the possibility that there are some that this does not apply to.

Try reading what people write before you reply. Then try replying to what they actually wrote, rather than what you wish or think they wrote. That way you will lessen the chance of looking foolish.

He wasted his money in that case. :confused:

I am intrigued to know what motivates you (for example not just in this post but the post I originally replied to) to comment so definitively on people / subjects you clearly have limited knowledge about.

Btw just because you haven't experienced 'it' doesn't mean 'it' cannot happen / is not true, which is the maxim you are primarily spouting when you 'almost certainly' do not know what you are talking about. This could be classified as ignorant behaviour (I.e. Ignoring the facts), but I cannot be sure you are ignoring the facts (you could just be very stupid) so I will refrain from making such a bold statement. Be careful though as ignorance is a trait commonly associated with racists and bigots.

Keep the posts going though as I am learning a lot about you.

(P.s I will reply to your first response when I have access to a pc)

I am intrigued to know what motivates you (for example not just in this post but the post I originally replied to) to comment so definitively on people / subjects you clearly have limited knowledge about.

Btw just because you haven't experienced 'it' doesn't mean 'it' cannot happen / is not true, which is the maxim you are primarily spouting when you 'almost certainly' do not know what you are talking about. This could be classified as ignorant behaviour (I.e. Ignoring the facts), but I cannot be sure you are ignoring the facts (you could just be very stupid) so I will refrain from making such a bold statement. Be careful though as ignorance is a trait commonly associated with racists and bigots.

Did Trader_Dante turn you from not profitable to profitable then?

Lets suppose he did. What happens then when your system that was working stops working for you? Is it going to be another call to Trader_Dante to get you back to profitability? Do you see why it can't work this way?

Let us pause a moment to remember some of the illustrious vendors we have known who are millionaire traders only selling their wares because they enjoy it and want to help people:

Guy "Nazi Box" Cohen
Howard "Fliteskool" Cohodas
Davie "T2W Sucks, Baronjon [sic] Sucks Ass, I'll beat you up if you criticise me but please feel sorry for me because my imaginary child has leukaemia" Robertson
Vince "Vince Scamzione" Stanzione
Andrew "The Notorious P.F.K." Mitchem (for only 15 grand you too can know what a Posing Fat Knacker knows)
Paul "Crappa Smurf" Chalmers of Trading Elite Club infamy
Mike "World Champion Turtle Soup Maker" Baghdady (they call him the Macdady)
Kat "The Forex Slag" Devlon (check out her site to see her lolling around in her underwear)
Wayne "Wacko Jacko wasn't nearly as wacko as the idiots who sent Jacko their money" Jackson

...continued ad infinitum or until the world runs out of gullible, lazy, stupid, greedy idiots. That will be ad infinitum, then.

hiilarious :cool:

i've only ever dealt with Vince from this List ....fortunately !!

N

Professional sportspeople have coaches, which is quite an ironic situation if you really think about it. The golf instructors that i've known in the past are generally at quite a good level, but they earn their money from coaching and not playing.

What is comparable to financial market speculation? Anyone can have a go, and anyone can or may make money.

Trading is just gambling and betting, and there is a whole spectrum of people involved. I'm not sure that there is one law that governs the whole spectrum.

this is an interesting point

Murenhio was absolute Cak at playing football...but no one can argue he coaches ok !

N

But Mourinho doesn't coach youngsters/amateurs into professionals, he coaches a bunch of already world class professionals and makes them better. Big difference. Besides, it's not clear how much he is improving each individual player, he improves the team as a whole. Professionals have coaches to tweak their game and recognise issues. Again, this is already a professional, not an amateur.

also Kathy and Boris on Trading News. The poor fellow did a webinar and a live trade it and it turned pale shape :LOL:

aww come on guys ........are you really putting Boris and Kathy in that league of legends ?

N

Did Trader_Dante turn you from not profitable to profitable then?

Lets suppose he did. What happens then when your system that was working stops working for you? Is it going to be another call to Trader_Dante to get you back to profitability? Do you see why it can't work this way?

TD is out of the James 16 group and is a pinbar player...right ?

I remember a big TD Thread that was really an extension of James 16's Thread that went private (at about $90 a month If I remember rightly.nice idea and a nice guy but not at that price for a pinbar)

I didnt Realise TD was coaching as well ?

N

It sounds like you are a moron rather than a shill, so I feel sorry for you.

Your posts make absolutely no sense. I advised you to respond to what people write, rather than what you wish they had written. The advice is good, and you should take it.

Nowhere do I assert that something is not possible because I have not experienced it. I have not espoused this view and I do not hold this view. It cannot even reasonably be inferred that I do from anything I have posted.

What "facts" am I ignoring? Please enlighten us with regard to these "facts". You are certainly ignoring facts - such as the vendors without number that have been exposed as frauds on this very site.

"Be careful though as ignorance is a trait commonly associated with racists and bigots."

What do you mean by this? Are you trying to associate my opinions with those of racists? Just because I am rightly sceptical about the claims of trading vendors?

The formulation of your point is absurd. One could just as easily remove "ignorance is a trait" and replace it as follows:

Be careful though as sleeping in a bed, eating daily and brushing one's teeth are traits commonly associated with racists and bigots.

Should I also be worried because I do those things?

It sounds like you are a moron rather than a shill, so I feel sorry for you.

Your posts make absolutely no sense. I advised you to respond to what people write, rather than what you wish they had written. The advice is good, and you should take it.

Nowhere do I assert that something is not possible because I have not experienced it. I have not espoused this view and I do not hold this view. It cannot even reasonably be inferred that I do from anything I have posted.

What "facts" am I ignoring? Please enlighten us with regard to these "facts". You are certainly ignoring facts - such as the vendors without number that have been exposed as frauds on this very site.

"Be careful though as ignorance is a trait commonly associated with racists and bigots."

What do you mean by this? Are you trying to associate my opinions with those of racists? Just because I am rightly sceptical about the claims of trading vendors?

The formulation of your point is absurd. One could just as easily remove "ignorance is a trait" and replace it as follows:

Be careful though as sleeping in a bed, eating daily and brushing one's teeth are traits commonly associated with racists and bigots.

Should I also be worried because I do those things?

well said (y)(y)

so have you experienced it?

don't hide behind bigotery and stupidity. if you are selling something; present the facts. that's all we are asking here in this forum.

diverting the subject takes you nowhere.

another thread turned to turds. maybe people should avoid controversial topics

Hey all

I saw an interesting thread discussion the other day that prompted me to throw this Thread into the mix and a few thoughts / Questions

Do successful Professional Traders make good mentors / Teachers ?

Can any other** Trader teach traditional trading techniques and Strategies sucessfully to less experienced Traders

Why does a successful trader chose to teach ?

c'mon I know this will be an interesting discussion ;)
N

** Any other meaning - not consistently profitable and or Part time

Buddhist Proverb: When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

A great teacher/mentor is someone who has made money directly from their stock market ventures consistently over a long period of time, a decade at least. They have the ability to recognise when someone has the potential to do the same and is willing to provide guidance. A ‘failed’ student is not necessarily the sign of a bad teacher/mentor, success ultimately depends on the student.