tradefair.com

More problems with tradefair tonight. I had a sell order which should have been filled when price went through my level, however the order did not open and now when i try to amend or cancel the order it says I can't as it is pending execution. Its been in this state now for over 20 minutes and there is nothing I can do! Will it execute at my original order price or the price when the order finally goes through?! Do I need to stay up all night watching for when it finally does go through or what?!!

I got an email through at 06:45 this morning saying that my order had been executed, at my original price. Looking at my charts the price was about 85 pips above my sell price at that time! What a joke - the order was pending for over 8 hrs! Is this slow execution :rolleyes:

I got an email through at 06:45 this morning saying that my order had been executed, at my original price. Looking at my charts the price was about 85 pips above my sell price at that time! What a joke - the order was pending for over 8 hrs! Is this slow execution :rolleyes:

Definitely. Complain about this. That is very bad form indeed. Did you have a stop loss in place too? If they won't resolve it then close your account.

I never use orders with them- only have a small account there and use it for very short term trades. I don't think i will keep my account with them long term after reading the posts here- although i've never experienced any problems.

Definitely. Complain about this. That is very bad form indeed. Did you have a stop loss in place too? If they won't resolve it then close your account.

I never use orders with them- only have a small account there and use it for very short term trades. I don't think i will keep my account with them long term after reading the posts here- although i've never experienced any problems.

I had a stop loss and it got hit half an hour after they decided to open the trade. -125 pips

I'll be withdrawing all my funds today I think.

Tradefair may not charge 20% tax on winnings, but as the parent company Betfair does I would protest anyway. It's simply disgraceful (IMHO).

I had a stop loss and it got hit half an hour after they decided to open the trade. -125 pips

I'll be withdrawing all my funds today I think.

Gave them a call this morning and fair play they gave me my money back without too much trouble. Closed my account while I was at it, so looking for somewhere else to lose money now!

Im sorry to hear of the complaints against Tradefair. What I will say is this. Tradefair is Betfairs attempt to get into the financial markets in a big way.Betfair in many ways are the dream product.Wouldnt we all like to trade in a person to person market for every product. If you look at the 60 min betfair product it is clearly the best by a mile. The spreads are ok,no one knows who I am when I trade so I cant be slow counted or limited etc etc. All the complaints we have against other binary and spread firms dissapear. Eventually I hope they develope tradefair and provide us all with what we want and what the market really needs. Yes there will be problems along the way but think of the future. As to the 20% tax implication. It only applies to betfair customers who have something like 52 winning weeks. It does not currently apply to tradefair customers.I could swallow paying 20% tax to them if I was making £1000 every single week. When I get to that stage Ill worry about it then

They do not trade in micro lots as they hedge all trades onto the various exchanges. I lots in the GBP/USD equates to $6.25/£4 per point FTSE equals £10 per point.

Im sorry to hear of the complaints against Tradefair. What I will say is this. Tradefair is Betfairs attempt to get into the financial markets in a big way.Betfair in many ways are the dream product.Wouldnt we all like to trade in a person to person market for every product. If you look at the 60 min betfair product it is clearly the best by a mile. The spreads are ok,no one knows who I am when I trade so I cant be slow counted or limited etc etc. All the complaints we have against other binary and spread firms dissapear. Eventually I hope they develope tradefair and provide us all with what we want and what the market really needs. Yes there will be problems along the way but think of the future. As to the 20% tax implication. It only applies to betfair customers who have something like 52 winning weeks. It does not currently apply to tradefair customers.I could swallow paying 20% tax to them if I was making £1000 every single week. When I get to that stage Ill worry about it then

I think tradefair spreads is a Capital Spreads white label, its not actually run by Betfair.

Your partly right. The 5min,20min,60min etc are run by betfair. The indexes are not ran by betfair as they needed a platform to build for the future which is the whole point of my post. When they first got into poker they used someone elses platform and then broke away when they had sufficient liquidity. That is what we are all aiming for surely.

Your partly right. The 5min,20min,60min etc are run by betfair. The indexes are not ran by betfair as they needed a platform to build for the future which is the whole point of my post. When they first got into poker they used someone elses platform and then broke away when they had sufficient liquidity. That is what we are all aiming for surely.

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood you. Are you referring to binary betting when you say 5min,20min,60min?

As to the 20% tax implication. It only applies to betfair customers who have something like 52 winning weeks. It does not currently apply to tradefair customers.I could swallow paying 20% tax to them if I was making £1000 every single week. When I get to that stage Ill worry about it then

What if you're already at that stage?

In summary the Betfair Premium Charge goes like this. If you're in profit for the last 60 weeks then you must pay at least 20% of your profits in commission (it actually works out more like 22.5%). If you haven't already paid 20% then the Premium Charge tops up your payments to 20%.

It's like a bouncer standing on the exit to a bookies demanding you hand over some of your winnings. It's daylight mugging. You can probably tell that I find it wholly distasteful.

Yes I was generally refering to the binary type bets.
If your already at that stage then maybe its time to open another betfair account.

Hm,
am trying out Tradefair atm. I cannot open any chart?
With IE and Firefox (both with newest flash) the pop-up chart window openes, loades some time and stays blank.
Does somebody knows what the problem is?

Thanks

Hm,
am trying out Tradefair atm. I cannot open any chart?
With IE and Firefox (both with newest flash) the pop-up chart window openes, loades some time and stays blank.
Does somebody knows what the problem is?

Thanks

have you got the latest Java installed?