Tradefair - anyone use it?

Re: Tradefair - Change to overnight financing for Rolling Daily contracts

Got this email today:

Due to increasing margin costs we have had to increase the premium we apply to overnight financing from 1% to 2%, which will come into effect tonight. Rest assured that this remains one of the lowest premiums in the spread betting industry.

We aim to provide you with an ultra-low cost spread betting service and as a result continue to offer some of the tightest spreads in the market.

[There is a link to their FAQ for further info].

Bit of a shame I thought.

Comments anyone?

Other LCG white labels charge 2% premium , 1% was an advantage for Tradefair over the others but ....

Guys Betfair(tradefair) will be luanching a person to person cfd exchange soon,it could change the way we all trade.Just means wed have to pay tax

Guys Betfair(tradefair) will be luanching a person to person cfd exchange soon,it could change the way we all trade.Just means wed have to pay tax

Yeah we r waiting , did they mention which products will be available ?

I would gladly pay tax, but as said before, there must be enough liquidity to sustain a well functioning market. I am waiting eagerly to see what will come out of this project.

I would gladly pay tax, but as said before, there must be enough liquidity to sustain a well functioning market. I am waiting eagerly to see what will come out of this project.

What's the big deal with this, I mean, why is everyone looking forward to it so much?

To give up the spread betting advantages of no tax must presumably mean that it would have some other advantages; what are they?

Thanks,
Mike

What's the big deal with this, I mean, why is everyone looking forward to it so much?

To give up the spread betting advantages of no tax must presumably mean that it would have some other advantages; what are they?

Thanks,
Mike

As I understand it, there's the possibility that you will be adopting the SB company role, ie making money directly from punters who don't really know what they're doing.:)

As I understand it, there's the possibility that you will be adopting the SB company role, ie making money directly from punters who don't really know what they're doing.:)

:idea: Ah, I see. Also an opportunity, if neither side knows what it is doing, for the blind to be leading the blind :)

Thanks,
Mike
Quite a few in fact, the advantages lies in an "unregulated" market, no market maker there to intervene when you make the trade. If a lot of traders joins the network, it could also narrow the spread as well. You are also able to place orders within the spread.

Hasn't this been done before and failed?

Cantor Index had a spread betting exchange called Spreadfair and City Index had a Binary Betting exchange called Binexx.

Where are they now?

Id be interested to see how Betfair/Tradefair/LMax (as I think they will be called) will get over the huge hurdle of liquidity.

Forget about how tight the spreads can get, without the confidence of being able to get in/out of trades whenever you want to, whats the point??

Funny with overnight rolling charges/credits? - was:-Re: Tradefair - anyone use it?

Has anyone noticed any funnies with overnight rolling charges or credits at Tradefair for the last 2 nights?

In my case this would be for FX and Gold.