Tradefair - anyone use it?

meanreversion

Someone on another thread had made me aware of a platform called Tradefair, which is part of the Betfair group. Does anyone else use this? How long has it been around, and is it any good?

Tradefair is a white label for Capitalspreads

Seriously?? How on earth do they make money? Mind you, the Barclays spreadbet platform it pushes to its clients is City Index in disguise, similarly the RBS platform is CMC. It makes sense, one party has the clients, the other the software.

Ok, is Capital Spreads any good then?

ive been using tradefair for the past 3-4 months and its great.

not one single requote and all orders filled correctly.

one great benefit i find with tradefair is that you can set your limit and stop orders at the same time as placing a trade. this isnt possible through capital spreads or dealing desk (another of their white labels).

i use ibfx and fxpro demo mt4 charting platforms and tradefairs prices are very similair.

so far no complaints, i hope they keep it up.

Seriously?? How on earth do they make money? Mind you, the Barclays spreadbet platform it pushes to its clients is City Index in disguise, similarly the RBS platform is CMC. It makes sense, one party has the clients, the other the software.

Ok, is Capital Spreads any good then?

No scalping , no news trading , long term will work well for u check this thread

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting/16595-capital-spreads.html

White labels take a cut from the spread i think ...

one great benefit i find with tradefair is that you can set your limit and stop orders at the same time as placing a trade. this isnt possible through capital spreads or dealing desk (another of their white labels).

i use ibfx and fxpro demo mt4 charting platforms and tradefairs prices are very similair.

I've found Tradefair's platform pleasanter to use than Capital Spreads. The spreads seem tighter than when I last used CS, but as I'm told they are the same now, I guess CS must have tightened since I last used them.

As above, so far, no complaints.

I guess Tradefair is using LCG's new platform system. At Dealingdesk you can in fact set the limit and stop predefine by the client. What are the spread on Tradefairs live account for the Dow, Nasdaq and FTSE?

I use Tradefair and have found them excellent at all times. That said, the far tighter spreads I can get on FXPro for example more than make up for any tax advantages for most trading methods.

It's a shame that newcomers are attracted to spreadbetting rather than using a reputable ordinary broker. I suppose it is part of the delusion that they are going to make enough money for tax to be an issue...

Do you think that's true with some of the bigger names, i.e. IG? I guess it depends on the style and frequency of trading.

It's a shame that newcomers are attracted to spreadbetting rather than using a reputable ordinary broker. I suppose it is part of the delusion that they are going to make enough money for tax to be an issue...

Doesn't the style of trading determine which approach is more suitable, i.e. a scalper shouldn't use spreadbetting whilst a medium term trader should?

Doesn't the style of trading determine which approach is more suitable, i.e. a scalper shouldn't use spreadbetting whilst a medium term trader should?
Well, you also have to take the instrument you are trading in consideration, e.g FTSE future (Z-future) might be too large a stake for many traders, regardless of trading style.

fxpro are not FSA regulated...do this mean funds a re secure with them ? no way I would make over 8k in the 1st years of live trading anyway and I prefer to use MT4....

The opening credit on Tradefair's main page is now £100. It was £75.

(Someone previously posted a link to a £100 offer with them, but I don't know how long that was valid, or indeed where it came from. The one on the top page has been £75 for quite a bit).

There's also a chart offer and some other bits and bobs.

The opening credit on Tradefair's main page is now £100. It was £75.

(Someone previously posted a link to a £100 offer with them, but I don't know how long that was valid, or indeed where it came from. The one on the top page has been £75 for quite a bit).

There's also a chart offer and some other bits and bobs.

Sign up for the £100 credit and free ADVFN offer ASAP, because it finishes at the end of Feb.

I use tradefair, no real probs so far. Betfair are about to luanch their own cfs exchange that may change trading as we know it. Tradefair is just a stepping stone for them.You can trust betfair completely as they are totally impartial in most ways. Yes tradefair is only a white label, but betfair are a bigger company than most if not all sb comps.

First post on the Spread Betting forum, opening an account to practice with a few weeks ago then set up a real depositing the min £100 required to get the initial £100 cash back, this didnt come through immediately so sent an email got a response the following day saying it had been added. Pretty good service.

Bad point when i was trying to close out a few positions it wouldnt lt me as the price was moving alot but hey ho guess thats the nature of the beast. Cant comment on the others as I havnt used any others but seems to work ok aside from my user error of course :D

First post on the Spread Betting forum, opening an account to practice with a few weeks ago then set up a real depositing the min £100 required to get the initial £100 cash back, this didnt come through immediately so sent an email got a response the following day saying it had been added. Pretty good service.

Bad point when i was trying to close out a few positions it wouldnt lt me as the price was moving alot but hey ho guess thats the nature of the beast. Cant comment on the others as I havnt used any others but seems to work ok aside from my user error of course :D

You have to tell them before they give the £100 credit and ADVFN service.

Tradefair - Change to overnight financing for Rolling Daily contracts

Got this email today:

Due to increasing margin costs we have had to increase the premium we apply to overnight financing from 1% to 2%, which will come into effect tonight. Rest assured that this remains one of the lowest premiums in the spread betting industry.

We aim to provide you with an ultra-low cost spread betting service and as a result continue to offer some of the tightest spreads in the market.

[There is a link to their FAQ for further info].

Bit of a shame I thought.

Comments anyone?

Interesting. That means they're all the same now. IG and CityIndex also 2 pct.

Maybe futures are the way to go, although margins are at least double SB platforms.