The Secret Edge

Which best applies to you ?

• I am profitable - I have a secret edge I couldn't disclose.

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • I am profitable - revealing what I do wouldn't make any difference.

Votes: 32 52.5%
  • I am not profitable yet - but I believe in secret edges.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • I am not profitable yet - I don't believe in secret edges

Votes: 10 16.4%

• Total voters
There was a case, perhaps you have heard it, of the lad who amputated his forearm to get free of a crevass, where he had slipped when mountain climbing. I heard that in an interview on the BBC. Domestic surgery, during a snowstorm, involving the instruments mentioned and performed by the injured person, especially by a poster not unknown, in his short membership with us, of being absolutely superlative in everything he does, reminds me of a film I saw once. "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" starring Danny Kaye.

I hear what you are saying Split. I know from posting on here that credibility builds up over time and is not assumed regardless of the purported provenance of the poster.

The acid test for me is what people post in relation to their live trading experience. Validation through other societal and intellectual labels count for little, even though they may provide a solid background to develop trading ability. In themselves they are meaningless to us as an audience even though they may provide incredible value to the 'trader' themselves.

Adjusted

not had a chance to get around to world hunger yet?

Thanks for reminding me.

That's my wife's domain. She was a board member of the local Hunger Task Force and the founding president of the local prepared foods rescue program working with legislators to get a Good Samaritan law passed to shelter donors who properly preserved their donations.

BTW, most of what I've said (like the above about my wife) about stuff outside my trading experiences have been as a response or a defense. Perhaps there is a lesson there.

Last edited:
in his short membership with us, of being absolutely superlative in everything he does

I mess up more than I succeed. But I usually succeed large enough to make up for the mess ups. Would prefer that I gave equal time on my "mess ups?" Would you consider that more fair and balanced?

I mess up more than I succeed. But I usually succeed large enough to make up for the mess ups. Would prefer that I gave equal time on my "mess ups?" Would you consider that more fair and balanced?

I do not "prefer" anything except convincing posts. If you are convincing others, forget about me, because I am able to fend for myself. My reason for being here is to be in friendly company, really. If you are happy with what you post, go ahead, but for your information, you come off as very patronising.

you come off as very patronising.

You should see my posts before I edit them. It's not my intent so it takes effort to keep it down to the level you still find objectionable. And I frequently don't do a good job of being able to understand how others will react to my comments. I am a work in progress and try to improve. "Constructive" criticism gets my attention. Bullying, even when it is based on truth, tends to get ignored by all.

I wont hear a bad word said about global warming. All I know is that my teeth have never been so white, and my garden is spitting out 10lb tomatoes.

Just offering an alternative perspective on things boys. As is usual, in life, things are never black or white.

In my short 40 years on the planet, I have found invariably that those attempting to impress have a tendency to stretch the truth somewhat.

In my short 40 years on the planet, I have found invariably that those attempting to impress have a tendency to stretch the truth somewhat.

I think the most impressive people are those who don't actually attempt to impress.. their record speaks for itself. Like Howard, with over three months of successful trading - no need to blow his own trumpet.

HC I like your writing style,..and BTW, you don't come across as patronizing, maybe only to those who harbour a weak resolve,...
Maybe a lesson there, for those who find it hard to trade ?

HC I like your writing style,..and BTW, you don't come across as patronizing, maybe only to those who harbour a weak resolve,...
Maybe a lesson there, for those who find it hard to trade ?

Yes you've really opened my eyes! It's not that he HC talks utter sh1t, it's me projecting my weak resolve and deep rooted insecurity stemming from my poor trading ability.
Now the poor trades, I've also just realised, are down to my father. He never used show me enough love and so now, on some level, I am punishing myself by losing money and the market is my substitute father.

Oh joy.

Coffee shop psychology ftw.

Yes you've really opened my eyes! It's not that he HC talks utter sh1t, it's me projecting my weak resolve and deep rooted insecurity stemming from my poor trading ability.
Now the poor trades, I've also just realised, are down to my father. He never used show me enough love and so now, on some level, I am punishing myself by losing money and the market is my substitute father.

Oh joy.

Coffee shop psychology ftw.

I'll be yo daddy bitch

No I'm just bored. you usually post good stuff but now you're listening to a man who says he performs surgery on himself without anaesthetic ... better than a surgeon could.

No I'm just bored. you usually post good stuff but now you're listening to a man who says he performs surgery on himself without anaesthetic ... better than a surgeon could.

Not better, just different. It was a matter if necessity. I was attempting to stave off a disaster because of delayed surgery. I had no a priori knowledge that I would be fixing the problem and thus not require surgery by a doctor.

Never doubt the powers of luck and faith.

I'm older than you and you can't even fill in paperwork... you have nothing to offer except money.

On that basis I agree so may I have my allowance?

Sure... I allow you to call up company's house and find out what their problem is with my lovely paperwork!

p.s. I reckon I could perform a heart transplant with a bit of practice, how hard can it be?