Do you have an "Edge"

the question of edge is one that causes me constant disquiet. moreso after a sequence of losses.

I know I know nothing about the markets, and cant influence them.
I know there are better qualified, more knowledgeable, and better capitalised players out there.

However, my edge, (such as it is), is to let the big boys push the market in whatever direction they choose. My job is not to stand in their way, and try to sneak on board once it becomes obvious.

I know I will always get in late. I know I will always get out late.

EDIT: my job is not to outsmart the market. my job is to follow the players smarter than me.

We're just tiny tuna's feeding off what the sharks leave behind!

I want to list all my edge.

I use robots which never get tired,don't sleep , don't doze off or go to loo before the important trade,they monitor the markets every millisecond for price changes ,trading multiple systems (as many as 30 systems) simultaneously on same instrument,and trade multiple instruments, follows every game plan precisely, doesn't deviate from rules,uses progressive betting methods ,times the entries perfectly,has no emotional trading,has no biases which humans have,uses sound money management with positive expectancy.

Automation has its problems

The trading platform you use was developed by a bunch of dodgy russians

The broker you use, has a couple of crappy dell workstations shoved in a cupboard, managed by a spotty 16 year old IT technician who spent his youth fiddling with computers.

Unless you understand the technology, you are 100% reliant on programmers, who make the most appalling mistakes, which you wont be aware of until the **** actually hits the fan !

Even if you used a profesional broker the technology still requires 24/7 monitoring.

:LOL:

Automation has its problems

The trading platform you use was developed by a bunch of dodgy russians

I used it for last twelve months without problems

The broker you use, has a couple of crappy dell workstations shoved in a cupboard, managed by a spotty 16 year old IT technician who spent his youth fiddling with computers.

Zupcon Talking Rubbish as usual,Did you see my broker's set up?No

Unless you understand the technology, you are 100% reliant on programmers, who make the most appalling mistakes, which you wont be aware of until the **** actually hits the fan !

Jealousy/Never had any problems with programmers , except from those scammer mates of yours on forex TSD selling dodgy coding services

Even if you used a profesional broker the technology still requires 24/7 monitoring.

My programs mainly trade European and U S sessions

:LOL:

You sound smarter when you post nothin:LOL:

My edge is myself.

1. Identifying areas of support and resistance which tells me where equilibrium currently exists between supply and demand.
2. Making an assessment on the sentiment that is likely to win in the supply/demand fight (reversal or breakout).
3. Evaluating the volatility/noise at that point so that my trade when placed executes without volatility throwing me out. This should fit within acceptable money mgmt constraints.
4. Evaluating whether a target profit could be achieved which keeps my methods in positive expectancy.
5. Executing my trade consistently based upon the right answers coming from 1-4.
6. Running the trade and letting the market tell me when to get out.

So my edge is evaluative, mathematical, personal, technically and fundamentally oriented. It's the blend of all these aspects that generate the consistency that I see in my Win% and R:R.

Why this edge works is a completely different question and one I cannot fully answer apart from to assume that what's going on in the market's dwarfs my activities and if a few $ here or there come my way, the big movers don't mind or care.

the question of edge is one that causes me constant disquiet. moreso after a sequence of losses.

I know I know nothing about the markets, and cant influence them.
I know there are better qualified, more knowledgeable, and better capitalised players out there.

However, my edge, (such as it is), is to let the big boys push the market in whatever direction they choose. My job is not to stand in their way, and try to sneak on board once it becomes obvious.
And presumably part of this edge is that ability to sneak in and out without the disruption to the market that the major players inevitably can cause. At some level, you are below the radar (although not necessarily below your broker's radar).

~~~~~~​

If you have an edge, be careful not to fall off it.

there is no one single definition of an edge, if you ask 100 people what their edge is and how they use it or how or why they call it their edge, you will probably get 100 different answers....

the Sun Tzu says thats all strategies should be like water, no shape no form just soundless as if nuthin happened

My edge? Patience, discipline and being able to walk away without regret when I lose a trade.
Patience in letting a trade mature and not killing it too soon.
Discipline because I get out when it goes wrong without blinking.
Walking away without regret because each trade is discreet; has no bearing upon the next one and the ride is always fun.