The Safe trade

he is then, a great educator and, I assume, a trader, am I correct?
What is then is win/loss ratio (average) in both trades and profitability?
I mean, his average winning trades over a period, say, a year, over his total trades, and his average profit per trade for that period over his capital employed.
And, er, can he prove it?
People will perhaps take him a bit more seriously then.
Just a thought.
Eduardo.:)

There is no real way for me to prove that i am a profitable trader, because trading statements can be easily fabricated, and besides dozens of actual people all over the world who agree on the effectiveness of my methods, and how much i have helped them are much harder to fabricate than a trading statement on photo shop.

I just set the site up to help new traders, and i only started this thread to let everyone know it was there:)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no real way for me to prove that i am a profitable trader, because trading statements can be easily fabricated, and besides dozens of actual people all over the world who agree on the effectiveness of my methods, and how much i have helped them are much harder to fabricate than a trading statement on photo shop.

I just set the site up to help new traders, and i only started this thread to let everyone know it was there:)

"I just set the site up to help new traders"; funny, so does this guy:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/price-volume/46206-kools-tools-square-root-fun.html
and he isn't a trader for any fund! he just began posting and showed these techniques; he doesn't sell anything either.
I'm afraid that if you cannot prove to me (here, not by private mail) that you are not a profitable trader "because trading statements can be easily fabricated" then mate, I for one am not going to believe you!
And yes, there is such a thing as stop hunting!
You are right, it is possible to make money in FOREX - by using either weekly charts with very wide stop losses (I mean a minimum of 400 - 500 pips) or by trading futures contracts.
I bet your brokers friends won't like that, hey?
Let's be logical about this: when trading FOREX through a broker, the other party to the transaction is...the broker! On an unregulated product!
Now, it might be me, but I haven't heard of many brokrers going broke; while everybody knows that 90% of people dabbling at this game lose eventually their capital.
Seen from here you are an insider; and since when have turkeys voted for Christmas?
Simply put, it is not in your interest to show us how to make money at this game; so why would you teach anybody to do it?
Eduardo.:cheesy:

"I just set the site up to help new traders"; funny, so does this guy:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/price-volume/46206-kools-tools-square-root-fun.html
and he isn't a trader for any fund! he just began posting and showed these techniques; he doesn't sell anything either.
I'm afraid that if you cannot prove to me (here, not by private mail) that you are not a profitable trader "because trading statements can be easily fabricated" then mate, I for one am not going to believe you!
And yes, there is such a thing as stop hunting!
You are right, it is possible to make money in FOREX - by using either weekly charts with very wide stop losses (I mean a minimum of 400 - 500 pips) or by trading futures contracts.
I bet your brokers friends won't like that, hey?
Let's be logical about this: when trading FOREX through a broker, the other party to the transaction is...the broker! On an unregulated product!
Now, it might be me, but I haven't heard of many brokrers going broke; while everybody knows that 90% of people dabbling at this game lose eventually their capital.
Seen from here you are an insider; and since when have turkeys voted for Christmas?
Simply put, it is not in your interest to show us how to make money at this game; so why would you teach anybody to do it?
Eduardo.:cheesy:

i don't see what that other thread has to do with anything.... lots of traders start threads to help other traders, and i am not selling anything either!... have you even been onto my site?!

The point is i don't care whether you believe me, im not trying to convince you that i can trade, im simply trying to tell struggling traders about my site, they can see for themselves whether the content is good quality or not! the only reason that im replying to this thread now is because there is a lot of confusion surrounding the Forex industry particularly brokers, and i think its important that the reality is at least pointed out. Im not affiliated with any broker, and have no special relationships with any of them, im just saying that they have got better things to do than hunt your stop-loss, making maybe $50 on a trade of your account size, they make money through the Fixed spread....or (ideally) commissions so its actually in their best interests to keep you trading forever...as that would be a consistent, growing income for them.... and they are not my "friends" just people that i deal with every day, who can give their view on things.

and ofcourse you can make money from day trading! i show you how to trade with 30 - 50 pip stop-losses on a daily basis.

And about this idea that the broker is on the other end of your trade, that is also untrue, if you trade through an ECN, the connection is straight through the broker simply supplies a live feed from several interbank liquidity providers the broker makes money from commissions not spread (because the spread is not fixed)..... if you research ECN brokers you will see, im not going to name any for obvious reasons!

also it most definitely is you......because there have been some massive brokers that have gone broke!!.....Refco!? they were a massive broker and there was a huge uproar in the trading community about their demise a lot of people lost a lot of money.

look at this article: Refco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

there are others including tradeex.... and more... but i think the point is proven.

How is it not in my interests to help people?.... you have already shown how there are other people that are showing people their methods for free on this forum... i have helped lots of people with no agenda.

I am an "insider".....i dont even know what that means!?

I can trade the Forex, and i have set up a site to show others how i do it!....it really is as simple as that.

just out of pure fascination, how would you like me to prove that i am successful?

I'm not experienced in Forex (yet) but I am experienced in life. I'm 50 years old, and cynical is my middle name. In my experience, nobody does anything for nothing. Your website is a crude attempt to make money from other people's urge to make money. It contains nothing but the usual Forex how-to re-written in a rather childish way, and surrounded by ads which you hope will make you rich. If either of you had any ability to make money in Forex trading, you wouldn't waste a fraction of a second on your dubious site.

Dream on children.

If you don't like what you see or read, don't visit the website or this thread! SIMPLE. This guy has gone out of his way to help people like myself learn how to trade. I've learned a hell of a lot and so far not parted with a penny for the privilege. If these guys want to make money, so be it. Have you ever heard of the phrase, 'each to their own'?

Keep up the good work Rag...

Keep it up mate...

i don't see what that other thread has to do with anything.... lots of traders start threads to help other traders, and i am not selling anything either!... have you even been onto my site?!

The point is i don't care whether you believe me, im not trying to eed from several interbank liquidity providers the broker makes money from commissions ..............................

I just want to say the site you have is great. I've learned a hell of a lot and i'm practicing your safe trade technique. I hope to improve my knowledge from the priceless info on your site. As a person who dabbled in web design in the past, i think your site is first class. Who cares whether you have affiliate ads or not. That's your choice. I'd like to know whether these guys are going to contact every website owner that has affiliate ads on them!!!! I think not. I reckon they're jealous mate haha

Keep up the good work mate and thanks for your time and efforts. I've learned a great deal and hope to learn more from you. Oh, and in my experience, people who rant and rave get bored and move on if you give them a damn good ignoring hahaha.

Cheers

I just want to say the site you have is great. I've learned a hell of a lot and i'm practicing your safe trade technique. I hope to improve my knowledge from the priceless info on your site. As a person who dabbled in web design in the past, i think your site is first class. Who cares whether you have affiliate ads or not. That's your choice. I'd like to know whether these guys are going to contact every website owner that has affiliate ads on them!!!! I think not. I reckon they're jealous mate haha

Keep up the good work mate and thanks for your time and efforts. I've learned a great deal and hope to learn more from you. Oh, and in my experience, people who rant and rave get bored and move on if you give them a damn good ignoring hahaha.

Cheers

Id Just like to say thank you very much for those comments, and that kind of thing is exactly why i enjoy helping new traders to learn.

If there is anything you'd like to ask or find out, just post it in the Forum and i will do my best to answer it. And if you need help coming up with a trading plan of your own, we can help you with that too!

Thanks again.

The point is i don't care whether you believe me, im not trying to convince you that i can trade, im simply trying to tell struggling traders about my site, they can see for themselves whether the content is good quality or not! the only reason that im replying to this thread now is because there is a lot of confusion surrounding the Forex industry particularly brokers, and i think its important that the reality is at least pointed out. Im not affiliated with any broker, and have no special relationships with any of them, im just saying that they have got better things to do than hunt your stop-loss, making maybe $50 on a trade of your account size, they make money through the Fixed spread....or (ideally) commissions so its actually in their best interests to keep you trading forever...as that would be a consistent, growing income for them.... and they are not my "friends" just people that i deal with every day, who can give their view on things.

and ofcourse you can make money from day trading! i show you how to trade with 30 - 50 pip stop-losses on a daily basis.

And about this idea that the broker is on the other end of your trade, that is also untrue, if you trade through an ECN, the connection is straight through the broker simply supplies a live feed from several interbank liquidity providers the broker makes money from commissions not spread (because the spread is not fixed)..... if you research ECN brokers you will see, im not going to name any for obvious reasons!

also it most definitely is you......because there have been some massive brokers that have gone broke!!.....Refco!? they were a massive broker and there was a huge uproar in the trading community about their demise a lot of people lost a lot of money.

look at this article: Refco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

there are others including tradeex.... and more... but i think the point is proven.

How is it not in my interests to help people?.... you have already shown how there are other people that are showing people their methods for free on this forum... i have helped lots of people with no agenda.

I am an "insider".....i dont even know what that means!?

I can trade the Forex, and i have set up a site to show others how i do it!....it really is as simple as that.

just out of pure fascination, how would you like me to prove that i am successful?

How about answering my question? How profitable are you? I already asked in my past post about your ratio of winning trades over the total ones, and your average profitability.
You seem to forget about this among all the babble.
Another thing: isn't the interbank contract at $5,000,000? Maybe my tutor, an Msc in Finance, got it wrong...!:)

Eduardo.:LOL:

Ok , I aim to return a minimum of 40% per year on my accounts, and over the past 3 years i have beaten that substantially.... to give you an up to date picture of my profitability, i made +17% in November i lost -5% in December and i made +3% in January, For this current month of February i am up around +10%..... my goal is to beat most other Hedge Funds and investment vehicles, which tend to average around 15 - 30% per year normally.

So there is your answer, But your question about win rate % is an immature one, because that is constantly changing i.e one month it could be 60% the next month 80%...... and more importantly because it has NOTHING to do with overall profitability..... for example in November my win % was 30%..... but i made +17% profit from that because my risk reward was so high.

A good trading system will provide you with profit after a sustained period of trading..... and that's all you need. The reason most people fail in trading is because they have this belief that they need a system that never loses.....and so when they take losses they slate the system and move on to the next one..... this is what kills traders.

And finally i know and can tell you dozens of brokers that will hook you into an ECN feed and allow you to trade MICRO lots.... so yes Your tutor with a MSc in Finance has got that one very very wrong unfortunately.

If you want to PM me i can give you a list of very good brokers who will do this......... i wont give names publicly of course.

Hope this helps clear your confusion.

Your site, of which you are so proud, is little more than an expanded Glossary of Forex trading terms. A brief Google will bring up dozens of sites that do the job of educating about Forex, far better than you do. I'd provide links, but then I'd get accused of being financially connected to them, so a quick spot of Googling is all that is required.

The thrust of what I'm saying is that if you really want to help other people learn how to trade, why on earth go to all the trouble and expense of setting up a site, when all you need to do is provide a link to one of the already established sites? Think how warm inside you'd feel about helping people to find out about Forex.

And I'm a bit puzzled about your reluctance to name Brokers. Don't be shy Ragpijin, after all, your site is absolutely littered with fxclub ads. Are they any good? Do you trade through them? If not, why not?

Just admit it buddy. You're not a professional trader. The only place you trade, is in your imagination. You tried it once, lost your wad, and then did what so many others do, you decided to try to make money by showing others how to do something which you can't even do yourself.

There's an old saying: "Those that can, do. And those that can't, teach."

But the really sad thing is that you Ragpijin, can neither do, nor teach. LOL.

Your site, of which you are so proud, is little more than an expanded Glossary of Forex trading terms. A brief Google will bring up dozens of sites that do the job of educating about Forex, far better than you do. I'd provide links, but then I'd get accused of being financially connected to them, so a quick spot of Googling is all that is required.

The thrust of what I'm saying is that if you really want to help other people learn how to trade, why on earth go to all the trouble and expense of setting up a site, when all you need to do is provide a link to one of the already established sites? Think how warm inside you'd feel about helping people to find out about Forex.

And I'm a bit puzzled about your reluctance to name Brokers. Don't be shy Ragpijin, after all, your site is absolutely littered with fxclub ads. Are they any good? Do you trade through them? If not, why not?

Just admit it buddy. You're not a professional trader. The only place you trade, is in your imagination. You tried it once, lost your wad, and then did what so many others do, you decided to try to make money by showing others how to do something which you can't even do yourself.

UMm.. hi.. i do teach people as well as trading for myself.
i charge ppl my time and lessons so that able to get more capital thou..

does that mean i cant trade?

does that mean I can't trade?

Listen matey. You can trade if you want. You can teach if you want, and you can even ski down a mountain wearing a tutu if you want. But here's the thing: If you trade for yourself, and you're successful at it, wouldn't it be fair to assume that you'd be in a position to make more money than you would teaching people how to trade? Time's a valuable commodity, probably the most valuable commodity we have at our disposal, so why would you want to waste it? Forget about teaching. Spend your time trading. After all, if you're any good at it, you'll build up your capital far quicker than you would teaching.

Of course, if your trading technique is crap, and you're losing money, then you might be right to want to support your trading with teaching. But the thing that puzzles me is, in such a case, if your trading is not providing sufficient funds for you, ie. you're not successful, won't you just be teaching others how to be equally unsuccessful too? :confused:

Listen matey. You can trade if you want. You can teach if you want, and you can even ski down a mountain wearing a tutu if you want. But here's the thing: If you trade for yourself, and you're successful at it, wouldn't it be fair to assume that you'd be in a position to make more money than you would teaching people how to trade? Time's a valuable commodity, probably the most valuable commodity we have at our disposal, so why would you want to waste it? Forget about teaching. Spend your time trading. After all, if you're any good at it, you'll build up your capital far quicker than you would teaching.

Of course, if your trading technique is crap, and you're losing money, then you might be right to want to support your trading with teaching. But the thing that puzzles me is, in such a case, if your trading is not providing sufficient funds for you, ie. you're not successful, won't you just be teaching others how to be equally unsuccessful too? :confused:

umm.. lets say i have entry position today, then i only monitor it couple of times a day, i dont have so many entry in a day, sometimes could be longer waiting period before requiring any further trade decision.

then you might wondered i could look at other market/instruments or whatever, but since i already enter the market and assume thats amount of risk i already taking with the trading account. i dont have additional account or extra money to trade more position since im keen on limiting what im willing to risk.

is this good reason for me to teach and gain more capital?

Thx

Thank you very much for your comments on my site, i love to get feedback and will be doing everything i can to improve on the things that you have mentioned.

In brief answer to your question, i set the site up because those other Forex sites that you mentioned do not have the extra feature of support and assistance to go with their education, Im trying to build a site that offers traders a place to come and learn. but also a place where they can constantly build on that knowledge by asking questions and getting the concepts they learn reinforced daily..... no other site offers ALL of this.

Again i think this was explained to you last time, they are not affiliate links to fxclub.... they are google ad sense ads, to cover the cost of the site etc...
Fxclub merely pay google to advertise in that space, i have no actual control over which specific companies appear there. In answer to your other questions, no i do not trade through them, simply because i have never tried them and i am very happy at my current broker.

In response to your other comment, I am a Professional trader, but sadly i cant understand how i am making money from helping others? obviously we all know about the $1 a day ad sense ads... so perhaps you could expand on how im making money from this?

Thanks again for your comments, and if you would like any help with your trading, just come to the site and post in our Forum where i will be happy to answer everything you'd like to know.
:)

You're wrong about the other sites not offering support etc. etc. Many of them offer very good advice and support, far exceeding your own. Your site is simply surplus to requirements and, quite frankly, hopelessly inadequate.

So you're very happy with your curent broker. Are you going to divulge their name, or is it a secret?

I believe you when you say you're income vis Googla adsense is poor. So why do you do it? Well, that beats me. You're a successful professional trader (you say) and yet you waste time and money on a project which earns you $1 a day???

Wouldn't you make more money trading, or are you so bad at trading, that $1 a day seems like a good income?

umm.. lets say i have entry position today, then i only monitor it couple of times a day, i dont have so many entry in a day, sometimes could be longer waiting period before requiring any further trade decision.

then you might wondered i could look at other market/instruments or whatever, but since i already enter the market and assume thats amount of risk i already taking with the trading account. i dont have additional account or extra money to trade more position since im keen on limiting what im willing to risk.

is this good reason for me to teach and gain more capital?

Thx

You don't say how long you've been trading. Did you start yesterday? Last week? Or have you been trading for months,.... a year? Longer???

You admit to being short of cash to fund any additional trades, so why is that? Are you losing money? Or do you make so little at it that your capital will never grow appreciably by trading alone? In either case, what makes you think you are suitable to pass on your knowledge to others? What do you teach people... how to lose money? How to play the Forex market and make virtually nothing?

You don't say how long you've been trading. Did you start yesterday? Last week? Or have you been trading for months,.... a year? Longer???

You admit to being short of cash to fund any additional trades, so why is that? Are you losing money? Or do you make so little at it that your capital will never grow appreciably by trading alone? In either case, what makes you think you are suitable to pass on your knowledge to others? What do you teach people... how to lose money? How to play the Forex market and make virtually nothing?

i traded for 2 years full time. but believe me, nobody wants to know what i've been through to get here today.

regarding you said short of cash or low return, im being realistic, 40% annually is good enough. i think im suitable to pass this knowledge because its guaranteed! unless people doesnt follow what i teach. if students still doesnt make any money after follow exactly in the lessons, i fully refund their money. no question asked. i think this offer is much better than those scam seminar/books or whatever that just trying to throw everything at you & never cares with the result, performance after done their sales.

please let me know what you think, thx.

You're wrong about the other sites not offering support etc. etc. Many of them offer very good advice and support, far exceeding your own. Your site is simply surplus to requirements and, quite frankly, hopelessly inadequate.

So you're very happy with your curent broker. Are you going to divulge their name, or is it a secret?

I believe you when you say you're income vis Googla adsense is poor. So why do you do it? Well, that beats me. You're a successful professional trader (you say) and yet you waste time and money on a project which earns you $1 a day???

Wouldn't you make more money trading, or are you so bad at trading, that $1 a day seems like a good income?

Do you have any suggestions as to how i could improve the site and the quality of the content? what features would you like to see on there?..... if you let me know i can try and get it on there.

The name of my Broker is Dukascopy, the only reason i didn't want to mention them by name was in case i got accused of advertising them.... but since you have specifically asked twice there is no danger of.

The project is not a waste of time or money, because i get many messages of thanks for all the help that i give to people, in fact i could only afford to do it for free if i was a successful trader.

Your reasoning isn't very logical, your core point seems to be that i am not a trader and that i am trying to make money from my site instead, both points don't make sense... given the fact that the site is free and i have dozens of very happy people who i have helped become profitable traders.

I don't understand why you don't want to at least give it a go?..... all you have to lose is some time.... but surely a few weeks of your time for the possibility of having one of the greatest jobs in the world is worth it?

i traded for 2 years full time. but believe me, nobody wants to know what i've been through to get here today.

regarding you said short of cash or low return, im being realistic, 40% annually is good enough. i think im suitable to pass this knowledge because its guaranteed! unless people doesnt follow what i teach. if students still doesnt make any money after follow exactly in the lessons, i fully refund their money. no question asked. i think this offer is much better than those scam seminar/books or whatever that just trying to throw everything at you & never cares with the result, performance after done their sales.

please let me know what you think, thx.

"...nobody wants to know what i've been through to get here today."

Well actually, I wouldn't mind knowing. 2 years full time trading and you've reached the dizzying heights of having to supplement your trading with teaching? That tells me your trading ability sucks. You have knowledge which is guaranteed! (your words) Great! So why don't you take your guaranteed knowledge and go and make some serious money?

I think we all know the answer to that one.

You can't do it so you teach it.

Do you have any suggestions as to how i could improve the site and the quality of the content? what features would you like to see on there?..... if you let me know i can try and get it on there.

The name of my Broker is Dukascopy, the only reason i didn't want to mention them by name was in case i got accused of advertising them.... but since you have specifically asked twice there is no danger of.

The project is not a waste of time or money, because i get many messages of thanks for all the help that i give to people, in fact i could only afford to do it for free if i was a successful trader.

Your reasoning isn't very logical, your core point seems to be that i am not a trader and that i am trying to make money from my site instead, both points don't make sense... given the fact that the site is free and i have dozens of very happy people who i have helped become profitable traders.

I don't understand why you don't want to at least give it a go?..... all you have to lose is some time.... but surely a few weeks of your time for the possibility of having one of the greatest jobs in the world is worth it?

There are plenty of ways to improve your site, but I'm not going to mention them, because as I've said, there are already many other sites which are established and do it much better.

I think my reasoning is perfectly logical. I maintain that you are not a professional trader and that you've chosen instead to try and make money from a website which teaches people how to trade. You're making $1 a day from it at the moment? I believe you. In fact, I doubt whether you even make that much at the moment. But clearly you envisage the site growing, attracting more people and at that point you hope to monetize it in a more efficent way, affiliate links, fees for courses, etc. etc.

Does that logic seem more reasonable? If you're still confused, just get back to me and I'll explain further.

dont use Dukascopy or are you potential scammer? assume youre not.. then try to ask if Dukascopy pass your position to which bank? they DONT. they are operating within their 'market' & dont pass your order to banks worldwide.

high equity trader usually dont use ECN, they use STP.