***The Official Euro 2012 Thread***

Well here we go.
I am invariably disappointed with England's efforts but who knows.............

Spot on Atilla - you are the footy forecasting whizz

Last edited:
Did Sweden beat Ukraine ?

Attachments

• football odds.PNG
    football odds.PNG
    140 KB · Views: 169
Team news, manager quotes, facts and figures ahead of the Euro 2012 Group A clash between Greece and Czech Republic at the Stadion Miejski in Wroclaw.

Related links

Greece v Czech Republic: LIVE Tuesday 5pm
Group A details
Euro 2012 photo gallery
Euro 2012 fixtures
Team pages
Euro 2012 Show - every night at 7pm on British Eurosport
Watch Euro 2012 matches in full on the Eurosport Player
Bet on Football - Get £25 Free

Team news

Greece coach Fernando Santos must find replacements for Avraam Papadopoulos, who is out of the tournament with a knee injury, and Sokratis Papastathopoulos who is suspended after being harshly dismissed against Poland in the Group A opener. The pair anchored a defence that conceded only five goals in qualifying and Santos will likely pair veteran midfielder Costas Katsouranis with 20-year old Kyriakos Papadopoulos who came on for his namesake in the 1-1 draw against the co-hosts.

The Czechs have defensive issues as well but their problems are mostly of their own making after Russia ran riot in a 4-1 victory on Friday, mainly due to glaring mistakes at the back. Czech coach Michal Bilek might be tempted to move Michal Kadlec back to central defence from the left side and bring in David Limbersky, while defensive midfielder Tomas Hubschman could also start the game to reinforce the rearguard.

Manager quotes

Fernando Santos: "Whenever the going gets tough they manage to perform well. We hope there will be no need for difficulties to show up for us to play our best. From our part we have analysed the Czech team and we have done our homework with respect with what we have to do. What we must do is focus on the qualities on our team and the way we played in the second half."

Michal Bilek: "We'll definitely try to avoid the mistakes we made in the first match because if we don't, we won't win. I haven't yet decided whether I'll make any changes because we still have time to put together a winning team. We're under pressure but that's also what happened in qualifying. We managed to improve then, so I think it will happen again and we'll handle the remaining two matches well and qualify for the quarter-finals."

Match facts

Including games played as Czechoslovakia, the Czechs have won five and lost just one of eight previous games against Greece in all competitions.

Greece and Czech Republic have met twice before at Euro finals, with Greece winning via a silver goal in the semi-finals of Euro 2004 (the only ever use of this rule at a major tournament) and the Czechs winning 3-1 in Euro 1980.

Giorgios Karagounis has picked up seven yellow cards in just eight games at European Championship finals. No other player has seen more than five (Pavel Nedved).

Greece have missed the last three penalties they have taken (two vs Armenia, one vs Poland).

Greece have only won one of their 10 group matches at European Championship finals.

Seven of the Czechs’ 15 shots against Russia were set up by Jaroslav Plasil.

Three of Greece’s last four matches have finished 1-1, the other was 1-0.

The Greeks have scored exactly once in each of their last six matches.

The Czech Republic have now lost their last three matches at European Championship finals, conceding at least three goals in each.

No side has ever conceded 3+ goals in four consecutive matches at the Euros.

Match odds

Greece 9/4, Czech Republic 11/8, Draw 11/5
Reuters / Opta

Spot on Atilla - you are the footy forecasting whizz

Your'e slipping Mikey , just seen you got it the wrong way round
Ukraine 2 - Sweden 1.

Tut tut but you can redeem your tarnished reputation as King whizz of the footy pickers if you can get the matches tonight ?

I still think Italy can get back into the championship. Your lot are a bit weak at defence imho.

I still think Italy can get back into the championship. Your lot are a bit weak at defence imho.

Yes, I do not think they can go far, but you never know with them. If they find the motivation, they can make troubles........

Your'e slipping Mikey , just seen you got it the wrong way round
Ukraine 2 - Sweden 1.

Tut tut but you can redeem your tarnished reputation as King whizz of the footy pickers if you can get the matches tonight ?

Greece 2 1 Czech Republic
Poland 1 1 Russia

I wouldn't put my pension on it !

Surely the Germans will beat the Dutch ?
Holland 1 Germany 3
Portugal 3 Denmark 1

Surely the Germans will beat the Dutch ?
Holland 1 Germany 3
Portugal 3 Denmark 1

Pat we should have got a ladder board going... I'm well impressed with the guesses.

Do you think we should start placing some real bets at William Hill.com?