***The Official Euro 2012 Thread***

What is the best French book maker ?

The reason I ask is because "home" bookmakers give much better odds for a home loss usually. Patriotism and all that cr*p you know

Compare betfair to Paddy power odds at the Irish game tonight.

Attachments

• football odds.PNG
    football odds.PNG
    67.5 KB · Views: 216
Makes it easy

Attachments

• euro footy 2012.PNG
    euro footy 2012.PNG
    257.8 KB · Views: 254
Just trundling around the various websites and not knowing too much about form etc.

I reckon on Ireland V Croatia = draw
Spain > Italy

but don't take my word for it.

Just trundling around the various websites and not knowing too much about form etc.

I reckon on Ireland V Croatia = draw
Spain > Italy

but don't take my word for it.

1-3 to Croatia

Spain v Italy now that's one to watch... I'm thinking maybe 1-1.

2 great goals in the Spain v. Italy match so far.

game on alright.

Last edited:
2 great goals in the Spain v. Italy match so far.

game on alright.

I'm liking Spanish football more than the Italians at the mo. More industrious and working harder imo.

Italy look lazy and lack appetite giving the ball away.

Last edited:
I'm liking Spanish football more than the Italians at the mo. More industries and working harder imo.

Italy look lazy and lack appetite giving the ball away.

Very close. A lucky break may well decide it.

Fair result.
Good attacking football. Long passes and rapid breaks.

you need to start a thread on your own.....oh great one ;)

I used to be until I fractured my right ankle playing the game which sort of ruined my career somewhat.

Now I'm just an arm-chair pundit :)

Well, seems Italy did not do very bad against the world champions:)

I thought they played well - they always do but towards the end I thought they were giving the ball away and weren't very interested in the game. I was expecting more from them but perhaps they are saving it for later. (y)

As for Ireland they were cheated to some extent but they seem so sluggish and all bunched up they make football look like hard work. Were the players fat and slow or was that my poor impression of them? I'm thinking they need to change their diet. No disrespect to the team as they always put up a good fight and struggle but have no flare. Need to space out and pass the ball around and make the ball do the work for you.

I thought they played well - they always do but towards the end I thought they were giving the ball away and weren't very interested in the game. I was expecting more from them but perhaps they are saving it for later. (y)

As for Ireland they were cheated to some extent but they seem so sluggish and all bunched up they make football look like hard work. Were the players fat and slow or was that my poor impression of them? I'm thinking they need to change their diet. No disrespect to the team as they always put up a good fight and struggle but have no flare. Need to space out and pass the ball around and make the ball do the work for you.

I have not seen the games, I am Sydney at the moment and they do not show here the initial games. :cry:

I guess your analysis is right, Italians have not the physical strength so they need to save for later, but Spain is very much at the top of their game..

The Croatian are normally very tough and play well ....

Now that you have a reputation to defend Atilla

How about tonight's games ?????????

Attachments

• football odds.PNG
    football odds.PNG
    134.3 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Now that you have a reputation to defend Atilla

How about tonight's games ?????????

Oh dear this is where it falls apart again. Can't handle the pressure.

France v England
Head says 2-1 to France. Heart says 1-2 to England. Will go with 1-1.

Ukraine v Sweden
1-2 to Sweden

I wouldn't like to bet on it though Pat.

Oh dear this is where it falls apart again. Can't handle the pressure.

France v England
Head says 2-1 to France. Heart says 1-2 to England. Will go with 1-1.

Ukraine v Sweden
1-2 to Sweden

I wouldn't like to bet on it though Pat.

Sorry to put you on the spot a bit.
Looks sensible to me if England don't do their usual running about with no good reason or result.

Will keep the bets down to 6 figures lol

Last edited:
Once more unto the breach guys

Attachments

• England flag.png
    England flag.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 348
Euro 2012: England ready for Donetsk heat, says Hodgson
By Phil McNulty
Chief football writer in Donetsk England boss Roy Hodgson is confident his players will be well prepared for the heat that could greet them during their opening Euro 2012 game against France in Donetsk on Monday.

The squad made the two-hour flight from their Polish base in Krakow and trained in the Donbass Arena on Sunday evening.

Continue reading the main story
“I would be very surprised if it gets anything like it was in the World Cup in America”

England manager Roy Hodgson

Donetsk is forecast to hit a high of 34C on matchday.

"It will be the same for both teams and it's very important that we don't put too much emphasis on it," Hodgson said.

"It does get hot in England from time to time and the heat is a factor for all the teams that will play here in the Ukraine. In the earlier game it plays a slightly bigger role. "

Temperatures are expected to dip by the start of the match at 7pm local time, but England will not be matching their French counterparts when it comes to extra measures to cope with the heat.

France coach Laurent Blanc has revealed that his side will don Cyro Jackets, containing eight pockets which can be filled with ice to cool the body down, at half time.

Last week several members of the French squad also used a cryotherapy chamber in an attempt to improve their chances of selection, but Hodgson says his players are set to cope with the conditions.

"We'll deal with the heat as best we can."

Captain Steven Gerrard echoed his manager's thoughts. "Yeah, it's hot but it's hot for both teams. We won't use the heat and the conditions as an excuse."

Having based themselves in the relatively cool southern Polish city of Krakow, England arrived in Donetsk to be greeted by sweltering conditions. But Hodgson added: "I have good staff that will be doing everything to rehydrate the players.

"Of course temperatures are always a concern but it is a concern in every major tournament. I would be very surprised if it gets anything like it was in the World Cup in America with Switzerland in 1994.

"For our first game in the Silverdome (in Michigan) it was 34-35 degrees outside. Inside, where the humidity was 91%, the temperatures were supposed to be 41 degrees.

"Then we went to Stanford and played around lunchtime with the sun high above us. The temperature was registering 38C and the sun was beating down. I would be very surprised if it was as hot as that."

Use accessible player and disable flyout menusEngland news conference in full
If England do suffer in the heat, it is bound to reopen the debate about the wisdom of the FA's decision to base themselves in the relatively cool southern Polish city of Krakow. However Hodgson said he had no regrets about the decision to stay in Poland.

He said: "It's not something I've given great attention to. The trip has been very well planned.

"I can't believe the quality of our preparations. Everything has been absolutely spot on. It's been no hardship to take a short plane journey over here. I'm perfectly happy with the arrangements."

Hodgson meanwhile challenged his players to reproduce their club form for the national team.

"I just hope we are capable of playing the way they can do," Hodgson said.

"We see them do week in and week out in the Barclays Premier League playing to the best of their ability.

"My hope is they show that form individually and as a team tomorrow and in the couple of matches after that.

"We know it is a stern challenge. France are unbeaten in 21 games and that is some achievement. We have full respect for the French but our players also have confidence in their own ability."

Hodgson admitted he was surprised how quickly he has settled in with England only a month after ending his spell as West Brom boss.

"It has been an exciting month. But I have been quickly accepted by the group and feel comfortable in my position. Maybe that is a bit unusual because you normally need more time but the players have made it easy for me to get my feet under the table."

Hodgson has a full 23-man squad to choose from with midfielder James Milner (heel) and defender Martin Kelly (illness) declared fit.

Vot you are making ze joke ya ? :cheesy:

Attachments

• Irish.png
    Irish.png
    268.3 KB · Views: 188