Terrorist Attacks in London?

I don't think argueing over the the wether Al Q are an Islamic threat or just a threat (which is what our aguements boil down to) is really going to help, plus clearly there's no need to get personal.

In answer to Marvin's question, not me. I would have, but I got taken out of my only trade last night, so I was completley neutral today.

SANDRAB
This is a financial website so flies always swarm over it. I am not surprised!
Anyone get gapped through/ Anyone Win lots? And how do you feel about winning. Donate to Charity!
Please sensible Questions all idiots - People Died!

I just hope today doesn't turn into another 9/11, it would not be good for anyone to have millitary action taken in revenge of 7/7, which it seems as though Bush wants to do, saying that this proves that the war on terror is not over.

Right I'm off home. I might pop back on to these boards again in a couple of hours, so if it takes me a while to answer, I'm not ignoring anyone, honest.

Dan - I expect alot of messages on this thread.
Even though this attack was rather low key compared to 9/11.
It is the vulnerabilty of traders/londoners/Institutions/Muslims/Bigots/Everyone!

At least you have a sense of humour.

Of course I have - a bloody good one too although most people are a bit slow to catch on to my rather different take on humour.

No, my question about living in an Islamic State was serious because unless you have lived in one and mixed with the people, then a non-Islamic person cannot really begin to understand anything about Islam at all.

I have lived in 3 Islamic States ( 2 of which were very liberal and the other the harshest daddy of them all ) - and I can see both good and bad in them.

The good part was the weather, mansions, swimming pools, servants, tax free earnings and a complete and utter life of luxury. The bad part was coming back to Christian Britain.

"The good part was the weather, mansions, swimming pools, servants, tax free earnings and a complete and utter life of luxury"... now you tell me ...how does the rest of the world know this and I only find out when my next holiday involves a stop to get fitted for a coffin...personally I blame my anglo saxon parents well why not everybody else blames it on the parents ..might as well join em,

"The good part was the weather, mansions, swimming pools, servants, tax free earnings and a complete and utter life of luxury"..I'm a pragmatic sort of guy, for all of the aformentioned I could see my way to accepting a little religion ;)

come to think of it I don't forsee much change..my wife has me on my knees 5 times a day anyway ..I might as well use my time their effectively and say a little prayer while I'm there ..no big deal

Good for You Chump!
You on your knees to your wife, does that mean she's a he?

People make the mistake of believing that Islam is just a religion, big mistake!!

Reactions: pb
'The bad part was coming back to Christian Britain.'

tut tut, do you mean multi-faith Britain ?

LOL Marvin..."You on your knees to your wife, does that mean she's a he?"...

just part of the domestic chores routine you know..do the washing up dear ,clean the floor dear ,you been in the garden and come back in those mucky boots..clean the marks off the floor then...did you spill the milk again dear ..the mops over there ...I've watched too much Les Dawson I think

Such a sad day, my heart goes out to you all...

Last year Non governmental agencies estimated the number of Iraqis dead from the war is about 100,000. (this was before fallujah) I quote that figure because my own government says it makes no effort to count the dead or wounded soldiers and civilians on the "other side." (right. - if you believe that....)

Anyway, our military strategists know that for every person killed in a war zone there are usually 8-10 who are wounded badly enough to need hospitalization. So that's about a million people dead or seriously wounded because the strongest members of the G8 decided a regime change was in order. Since we've mostly been bombing urban areas, it is expected that a large portion of these deaths and injuries are civilians.

Although I find the bombing of london terribly sad, can it be surprising that it happened?

If you had lost your family, home, business, and church because the 'powers that be' bombed your neighborhood based upon upon lies which benefit them , -is it so hard to imagine that there might be a few people overcome with grief and a thirst for revenge? I guessing it isn't too difficult to manipulate someone who has nothing left to live for.

No way am I saying these terrorist attacks are justified. But it was our government's choice to put the war machine into action illegally, and we haven't put Blair or Bush in prison yet so in effect we have given our tacit approval to their actions. We in the US and UK will not be immune from the consequences.

JO

Well lets all roll over and take whats coming. just to put the record straight 9/11 happened before

the action in Iraq