Terrorist Attacks in London?

danfreek said:
I think Eddy was just trying to point out that although it's only a minority, there are a surprising number of people who would like to see Britain as an Islamic state, and today is an ugly reminder of how far they are willing to go to achieve that. I don't think he was trying to say that all Muslims are bad.

Remember the Crusaders, the missionaries, the jews, the thatcherites, the blairites, now the muslims...............goodness me Danfreek, whatever next.

A muslim state would be the same as any other religious state, so basically your freedoms would be removed and you would have to live like a good muslim, take Iran as an example. Of course not all Muslims share this vision, most don't, some of my close friends are muslim, I have nothing against the religion, but there are people who would like to see Sharia (spelling?) law become universal and binding within this country, that would remove many of the freedoms which we enjoy, in exactly the same way as any other religious state would.

well I'd like to continue ,but I've got a hell of a long list to work through so I'll have to get along with my thankless task which will probably bring me to an area near you...petrol bills going to be enormous ;) ..is anyone going to pay me for this ?

sorry one more note...Dan ..I obviously don't want anyone's beliefs forced on me so I take your point ..but I would also make one of my own...that not all the 'freedoms' we have have done us much good have they ? ..would you say we seem happier as people ? ..anyway no problem life's too short to carry differences of viewpoint too far... :)

Some muslim states are wonderful places in which to live.

My kids grew up in Bahrain and had a fabulous upbringing. My kids have lots of Arabic friends and my daughter is going off to Uni this year to study Arabic and will spend 1 year of her course in Alexandria. No probs at all.

However, just across the water from Bahrain and connected by a frigging great causeway / bridge is Saudi Arabia and a different world and a very different and infinitely more sinister Muslim state.

As in all walks of life, religions etc, there is good and there is not so good.

A muslim state would be the same as any other religious state, so basically your freedoms would be removed and you would have to live like a good muslim, take Iran as an example. Of course not all Muslims share this vision, most don't, some of my close friends are muslim, I have nothing against the religion, but there are people who would like to see Sharia (spelling?) law become universal and binding within this country, that would remove many of the freedoms which we enjoy, in exactly the same way as any other religious state would.

Garbage

hold on did someone say spelling law ..thank god and not before time ..that whittles my list down by nearly 95 %

Lets not blame the Muslims - My god these people are not Muslims they are Killers/ Murderers!

Can you imagine these terrorists have probably devised these bombs from home/ maybe your next door neighbors! How easy was this for them?

I have no time to argue.

I just form my opinion based on facts.

A society that hangs 16 year old girls, amputates limbs, remove eyeballs, stone women to death, etc etc etc. The list of atrocities goes on and on. In addition to this we now have Islamic suicide bombers in London.

I would also remind you that just a couple of months ago a demonstration was held in Hyde Park, By Islamic groups calling for the Islamic uprising and the death of None believers.

Islam is speaking for itself.

Now I have work to do.

Reactions: pb
danfreek said:

Tell me something danfreek, do you really think that every citizen of Saddams Iraq was a terrorist and bent on Sharia Law, or there's love for Iran's Bigotted rulers.

Do u think that "The Sun" has a hidden agenda to turn us into Murdoch's? You need to sit down and think. "...but there are people who would like to see Sharia (spelling?) law become universal and binding within this country..." so Ur are familiar with these people, do I presume. Or are you an authority on this.

Use your grey matter my friend and not get influenced by garbage you are told.

lol, I meant I wasn't sure if that was the right spelling.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion Salty, I just don't like to see religion and politics get mixed together. And we can't ignore the threat, however small, of that happening.

Religion and politics are inextricably linked together Dan no matter how we feel about it.

I have no time to argue.

A society that hangs 16 year old girls, amputates limbs, remove eyeballs, stone women to death, etc etc etc. The list of atrocities goes on and on. In addition to this we now have Islamic suicide bombers in London.

I would also remind you that just a couple of months ago a demonstration was held in Hyde Park, By Islamic groups calling for the Islamic uprising and the death of None believers.

Now I have work to do.

More unadulterated garbage - coming thick and fast now.

More thick than fast though methinks.

sandrab said:
Tell me something danfreek, do you really think that every citizen of Saddams Iraq was a terrorist and bent on Sharia Law, or there's love for Iran's Bigotted rulers.

Of course not, but under a dictator the wishesof the populace don't matter, hence why democracy is important. It only takes a minority to impose it's will on the majority, that's been the case for every dictator in history.

peter44 said:
I have no time to argue.

Now I have work to do.

So I can arrive at one conclusion from all your points..........You are a sucker for bull****. No wonder Hollywood is so successful.

Salty Gibbon said:
Religion and politics are inextricably linked together Dan no matter how we feel about it.

I disagree, Our current government does not rule via any religion. It used to under the Church of England, but that was when we were ruled exclusivly under the dictatorship of the English monarchy.

MarvinS said:
Anyone get spanked today in the markets?
Who didnt?

Wooooo ......U started this thread, and it appears that it has attracted filth - like a lump of of cow**** attracts flies.

So you answer these flies.

When the comments get personal, I know my point is made.

The point you made is inaccurate and ridiculously incorrect.

You may have made your point but anybody with intelligence would not have agreed with it.

Making a point is easy.

Having it accepted is not.

BTW, how was it personal ?

peter44 said:
When the comments get personal, I know my point is made.

yes peter - u have answered it........from the simplistic brain that you must have. It's called - Follow the Bigot.