Terrorist Attacks in London?

smiley said:
My wife and youngest child, who is 7yrs old, were in central London today on a school trip. Thankfully the school bus in which they were travelling turned around upon hearing the news. The bus was carrying about 30 kids around the same age. It makes one wonder doesn't it?

Just normal people going about their everyday lives. It really doesn't matter whom is responsible for the attacks. Whomever it is, they are without compassion for their fellow man, irregardless of ones colour, creed, age etc.

It does matter that WE show compassion for those hurt today and the families of those who have sadly lost their lifes. It does matter that WE hold onto our humanity, for I fear that those responsible have lost theirs.

well said, smiley

Bull,
well thought out reply given the resources you had at your disposal

chump said:
"NO.... It was definitely silly Islamic shenanigans.".....over generalisation don't you think ...I doubt if 99.9999999% of followers of the Islamic faith feel anything but abhorrence for this event ....we are simply talking about the .000000001% extremists who don't agree with any of the rest of us including the majority of the Islamic world...

Well said chump.

I'd second that.

It's this blame game and generalisation that has made the world as it is.

So are we going to blame Bob Geldof for the trouble in scotland.

Let's Ask PETER44. Come on Peter let's hear your ideological comments

Come on Peter44,
Let the world know your Prophetic views.

What's the difference between an idelological islamic extremist and Peter44. Not much I say.

Last edited:
trendie said:
Several thousand die every year from liver disease - no action. ( too much duty to collect )
Several thousand die every year from lung cancer - no action. ( too much duty to collect )

]These surely are self inflicted in the majority of cases, not so when indiscrimanate carnage is sown among innocent people.

no,seriously over the years I've done business with many people from the muslim faith (not a pleasure because they are hard work to negotiate with) ...I've been invited into their family homes for social events (weddings etc) ..I have no religious faith of my own anglo saxon or otherwise but they don't care at all ....they enjoy a good laugh ,over eat and try to excercise it off ,take their kids to the zoo or park ..they get worried or concerned about things they are uncertain about..in other words they are just like the rest of us except they have a particular religious faith ..which at least as far I know from my experiences in meeting quite few muslims they would not commit murder for or any other atrocity...to be frank I don't think this as got anything to do with religion ...basic fact his out of several hundred million pop on this planet we are always on a statistical basis going to get some outliers who are just plain 'loopy' who have a need to find an outlet for it...we might well take a quality control view of this and when we find them recycle the saveable one's and trash the one's who are just simply irredeemable ..yes, I'm all heart ...I have no problem with punishment , I just like to think it's being meted out only to those who really deserveit ,as such I make a point when I think someone's pointing the signpost in the wrong direction ..

chump said:
no,seriously over the years I've done business with many people from the muslim faith (not a pleasure because they are hard work to negotiate with) ...I've been invited into their family homes for social events (weddings etc) ..I have no religious faith of my own anglo saxon or otherwise but they don't care at all ....they enjoy a good laugh ,over eat and try to excercise it off ,take their kids to the zoo or park ..they get worried or concerned about things they are uncertain about..in other words they are just like the rest of us except they have a particular religious faith ..which at least as far I know from my experiences in meeting quite few muslims they would not commit murder for or any other atrocity...to be frank I don't think this as got anything to do with religion ...basic fact his out of several hundred million pop on this planet we are always on a statistical basis going to get some outliers who are just plain 'loopy' who have a need to find an outlet for it...we might well take a quality control view of this and when we find them recycle the saveable one's and trash the one's who are just simply irredeemable ..yes, I'm all heart ...I have no problem with punishment , I just like to think it's being meted out only to those who really deserveit ,as such I make a point when I think someone's pointing the signpost in the wrong direction ..

lol

Calling Peter44,

All of us are waiting with anticipation for your thoughts. It's as important as Greenspan's speechs. So here's your stage Peter.

Sandra - A Greenpeace Member and proud of it.

It makes BOE announcement/Greenspan/G8/Olympics. Seem like nothing....
33 Dead and hundreds injured so far!

Marvin - A Pro life Member and proud of it.

chump said:
"NO.... It was definitely silly Islamic shenanigans.".....over generalisation don't you think ...I doubt if 99.9999999% of followers of the Islamic faith feel anything but abhorrence for this event ....we are simply talking about the .000000001% extremists who don't agree with any of the rest of us including the majority of the Islamic world...

Its because of the above thinking that we are where we are. Living and working in the M.E. for 30 odd years I was quite

often reminded that 'INSHALLAH' one day Islam would be the only 'Way of Life' on earth by whatever means

necessary.

eddyjo said:
Its because of the above thinking that we are where we are. Living and working in the M.E. for 30 odd years I was quite

often reminded that 'INSHALLAH' one day Islam would be the only 'Way of Life' on earth by whatever means

necessary.

So what's ur bigot idea eddy

no problem Eddy ..so you want me to shoot the buggers for what they believe in rather than what they do ? hey why should I stop at muslims when 99% of the world pis....ses me off from the guy who gives me the finger because he's late for work and I happen to be driving on the same road as him right down to the the guy who won't smile for me when he serves me in the shop ...LOL ....I can see I am not going to have any trouble filling my time...
late addition ..next time my wife fails to leave the toilet lid down she makes the list as well ;)

chump said:
no problem Eddy ..so you want me to shoot the buggers for what they believe in rather than what they do ? hey why should I stop at muslims when 99% of the world pis....ses me off from the guy who gives me the finger because he's late for work and I happen to be driving on the same road as him right down to the the guy who won't smile for me when he serves me in the shop ...LOL ....I can see I am not going to have any trouble filling my time

Chump, lets ship Eddy and Peter to the Ostrich Farm, I'm sure they will fit perfectly there.....with their heads in the sand.

remember Hitler's Ostrich Farm

I think Eddy was just trying to point out that although it's only a minority, there are a surprising number of people who would like to see Britain as an Islamic state, and today is an ugly reminder of how far they are willing to go to achieve that. I don't think he was trying to say that all Muslims are bad.

define muslim state please ?

tell me how living in a muslim state is going ruin my life ? which i suggest you may be implying

will I not be able to enjoy my family time?
will I not be able to continue to do work I enjoy?
will they attempt to force me to share all their beliefs ?
Please be specific

Having lived and worked in the Middle East for many years too, I think I can understand where Eddy is coming from.

Not sure whether he has expressed himself clearly enough though.

Salty,
I think I know where Eddy is coming from...complete with all the assumptions that I think he is making

Sandrab, Unfortunately I dont have any idea, the situation will only get worse because there is

an ideology on the move being fuelled by terrorism and time is of no importance.