Spank the bucketshop with a free £100 account

I doubt that a good programmer/trader would rip of the idea and flog it. My day job is programming c# and vb.net mainly (not trading stuff though) and i do a bit of mql for myself. I work for government organisations and criminal justice stuff without saying too much so i am pretty used to keeping secrets.

CVs methods are obviously really profitable but i have found before when writing EAs for people on forums that most of the time these methods dont translate well. Entries are normally easy but although most people say they follow specific rules the truth is that exits in particular tend to use a lot of discretion.

Because i trade (or try to) i know that a good strategy is worth much more traded rather than sold. You just have to look at CVs results over the past few days to see that.

As much as i would love to have a go at coding something for CV (mainly so i could get to know how he does it), i think the best think would be for him to learn a bit of C#. Its a very easy language to learn and if he tries to program the method himself it will probably get better results than trying to explain it to someone else.

CVs methods are obviously really profitable but i have found before when writing EAs for people on forums that most of the time these methods dont translate well. Entries are normally easy but although most people say they follow specific rules the truth is that exits in particular tend to use a lot of discretion.

i think the best think would be for him to learn a bit of C#. Its a very easy language to learn and if he tries to program the method himself it will probably get better results than trying to explain it to someone else.

I'd guess there is more discretion involved than is at first apparent.
Thats why I gave up pretty quickly on trying to program that sort of stuff.
Simple random probability based stuff works best at the lower end of algo trading.
That way the dumb, lack of finesse issue of automation can become
an advantage instead of an insurmountable obstacle.
The obstacle being programming prowess and hardware / software limitations.

I guess I don't read posts too carefully and missed CV's offer. I'd certainly be interested to be exchanging my time for building a system for his technique. His results are impressive and I believe worth a gamble for my effort. Building a system is by no means simple, nor is developing a workable a trading technique. So the exchange is fair.

So long as the trading technique is rule based and with minimum discretion, building a mechanical system is possible.

Just put in my application to FPMarkets. They would credit the account with the bonus money immediately. But to withdraw any money, the £1000 would have to be put in the account first. So, no money up front to play.

One problem though, something about DMA needing a large margin to trade indices. So will only be able to play with forex bets using the bonus money.

EDIT:
Just received a phone call saying that I have been given some red flags by "experian" or something like that. So they can't process my application until tomorrow. Sounds to me like BS and probably to check the phone number I gave was real and to delay the application until working hours.

Last edited:
Peaked at £161 yesterday and blew up today with only £32. Epic fail for me.

Did learn something I had overlooked about the overnight markets which is useful for real, so perversely this hasn't been a complete waste of time.....

Good spanking spanksters.

Know the feeling mate. Too much gambling huh ? But you still have Nasdaq and CAC to take you back to the dizzying heights. I am down to £6. Nothing doing for me.

I am up slightly on my non-spanking account though, using my born again trader techniques. Over-nights to me is now absolutely gambling unless riding a profit.

Know the feeling mate. Too much gambling huh ? But you still have Nasdaq and CAC to take you back to the dizzy heights. I am down to £6. Nothing doing for me.

Weirdly, I found this requires far more effort than normal. Starting off with a small stake and then risking 20-30% on each trade is just bonkers :LOL:

CV will obviously cream it. Gamma would too if he still posted.

The rest will probably blow up, but then, that's part of the fun

I feel sick I pyramided up on eurusd and got taken out by a few pips, it then tanked by 100 pips. Lulz account £24.

Know the feeling mate. I am down to £6. Nothing doing for me.

Don't let me dow, CV :) - If only predicting the market moves was this easy

I'm not posting today...suffice to say i'm very annoyed with myself:mad:

Acc't was £30.00 shy of 1k today. (unrealised)

Then I got hit with a mountain of mithering mainly from the mrs. Put me right off my stride.

So I need to concentrate for the rest of the week.

Thank you for your patience.

( kin hate it when i'm in the zone and coasting, then get taken out of it ) grrrrrrr.

Although I blew my first spanking account, I have learnt from it the difference between trading and gambling. As a born again trader, I am quietly pleased with the first set of results in another (non-spanking) account I have which I never used for forex.

I'll see if I can replicate the results in the next spanking account I get. The cat represents my new approach.

136526d1337143138-spank-bucketshop-free-100-account-bornagain.jpg

Attachments

• Bornagain.jpg
    Bornagain.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 488
Last edited:

Then I got hit with a mountain of mithering mainly from the mrs. Put me right off my stride.

( kin hate it when i'm in the zone and coasting, then get taken out of it ) grrrrrrr.

I hear that - I had 3-4 weeks off with internet trouble, was OK on Friday last week but this week I just don't have it.

Feels like I had 3-4 years off...

Had a similar occurrence yesterday. Chose to stop though.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/149692-intra-day-s-p-500-a-26.html#post1854866

I hear that - I had 3-4 weeks off with internet trouble, was OK on Friday last week but this week I just don't have it.

Feels like I had 3-4 years off...

You just need to pull the trigger a couple times - that will sort you out my friend.

When you fall off the horse, you need to get back on the horse, pronto.

You just need to pull the trigger a couple times - that will sort you out my friend.

When you fall off the horse, you need to get back on the horse, pronto.

I was thinking of putting it all on black too!

You are right of course, I'm going back to 1 contract, no charts and scalp the flow for a couple of days. If that doesn't sort it out, I'll get a couple of hookers and a bottle of JD.

Round Two goes to the bucketshops, then. Seems to me that everyone here needs a guru trader like Aster1 to sort them out.

I was thinking of putting it all on black too!

You are right of course, I'm going back to 1 contract, no charts and scalp the flow for a couple of days. If that doesn't sort it out, I'll get a couple of hookers and a bottle of JD.

:LOL: You think you got problems.
I haven't placed many discretionary trades in the last few months
due to working on my algo.
Reading this thread, thought I'd have a go this morning.
My algo has already slaughtered me :LOL: