Spank the bucketshop with a free £100 account

Goshdarned it, wish I could tarde something. CV showed me the (his?) key to tarding Nirvana, and the gist of it is real simple, just need lots of screen exp. to get it going.

Only part of the story Viel, CV is a wise monkey and will never reveal all.

Well, congrats, CV. You just blew everyone else in this thread out of the water! :D

It's not about what I do m8. It's about dispelling SB myths and also it's a way of encouraging and showing others that profitable tarding is possible.

I want to see more participants in this thread and at the end of the experiment, if the individual tarders want constructive criticism then all they need do is ask.

Hmm... Point taken. Always good to keep your cards close. I remember someone saying on this site that sometime 'round 2009 some top Poker players started giving away all their stuff for $30/month. Within one year, the entire online scene was ruined for everyone since even plain newbies could run pro strats and get away with it... Wouldn't want that to happen to trading, eh? :)

Guess I'll just have to push through and get the proper docs so I can do some 4am CL punting. I am nothing if not persistent!

Hmm... Point taken. Always good to keep your cards close. I remember someone saying on this site that sometime 'round 2009 some top Poker players started giving away all their stuff for $30/month. Within one year, the entire online scene was ruined for everyone since even plain newbies could run pro strats and get away with it... Wouldn't want that to happen to trading, eh? :)

That's not the reason either.

The plain fact is this...until traders display the correct attitude as evidenced by what they say and do, then they will get nothing from anyone who knows. Thats just the way it is !

Guess I'll just have to push through and get the proper docs so I can do some 4am CL punting. I am nothing if not persistent!

It's all about organisation...persistence alone will not be enough.

Well said persisting at the wrong things will not work. Obvious init :cheesy:

Lol... wish I'd known this about 8 years ago. My stubborn streak has caused me a lot of lost time, effort, and wasted potential. :(

It's taken time to learn that one... Though trading's hammering it in nice and fast, I gotta say. :LOL:

Ta muchly,

Ta muchly,

Is anyone here or does anybody know a highly competent programmer?
I may be tempted to exchange coachings / teachings for devvings.
It will be extremely lucrative and worthwhile !:)

PM if interested.

C_V - as discussed, it isn't a good programmer you need, it's one that won't rip off your ideas.

You should not look here for a programmer, that is absolutely looking for trouble. You find someone on here & they will be selling your ideas inside 3 months.

Do what I did - find someone that has no interest in trading - after over a year, my programmer still doesn't even know what the ES is, let alone how to trade it.

Long may that continue.

You'd be much better off putting an ad in your local paper than trying to find someone here. If not - go to your local tech college & chat with the IT teachers there.

Yeah as DT said, find a good C# programmer.
Pick your platform of choice beforehand.
Give any idiosyncratic platform code tags in printed glossary form to the programmer.
Sit back and wait.

As DT said this place will either have programmers who are not good enough,
or will rip off your ideas.
If it is a simple concept, you could try and learn basic C# yourself.
However, there is a yawning gulf between a basic understanding of C# and full proficiency...

Another possibility for a simple idea is Ninja traders code wizard.
Basically its a WYSIWYG editor:
Automated Strategy Development Level 1 - NinjaTrader Training - 12/27/2011 - YouTube

Those examples always use crap such as ma crossovers...
There are plenty of parameters based directly on price, other than indicators.
TBH anything with a plethora of indicators is probably crap, at least in my experience anyway.
To give an idea of the parameters at your disposal, see pics at bottom of post.

I think Ninja themselves have said the wizard is capable of 90% of raw coding.
Obviously the last 10% of finesse from raw coding can make all the difference,
the devil is in the detail and all that.

There are workarounds though.
Say you want limit order entry for big round number brackets.
The wizard simply cannot take that many orders at that many levels.
So you code one or two levels in the wizard, get all your other stuff in place as well.
Then unlock the raw code, export to excel, CTRL+D, find replace etc each braket price
for every big round number.
Thats just one example of a workaround to get by with minimal C# knowledge.

Bottom line though, if its simple, and you can write it down on half a sheet of A4,
you may have a chance of coding it yourself (excluding lots of price level data for instance).
Any more than that, and as DT said, give it to a C# geek who knows f**k all about trading : )

Attachments

• NT wizard parameters.PNG
    NT wizard parameters.PNG
    23.1 KB · Views: 145
  • NT wizard strat action.PNG
    NT wizard strat action.PNG
    12.1 KB · Views: 129
CV will obviously cream it. Gamma would too if he still posted.

The rest will probably blow up, but then, that's part of the fun!

posted before this thread began.
Is it at all accurate so far? Don't have much time to check t2w at the moment.

L_V - I've seen what C_V is doing.

It's not a hundred thousand rules BUT it is going to take an pretty good programmer.

My opinion - dont pay him for the coding, cut him in on the profits.

Don't you do all your own programming DT?

Nope - I just wrote the prototype with 2 egg cartons and a lot of string(s).

I'm not at the level with C# where I could have done the Jigsaw stuff myself. It would have been trial & error, it would have taken ages and it would have been crap.

I'm almost 42, I don't really have the drive to learn how to do all the high-performing UI stuff. Not with all the other stuff I do. I found a fellow Englishman in Bangkok, I did the functional design and he then specced and programmed it.

I do understand the code he wrote though. I just couldn't have got it to that point on my own. Even now when he tells me about how he's going to implement new features, my eyes glaze over.

Funny thing is - he's just turned 50 himself. Still, I consider myself officially an 'old dog' when it comes to new programming tricks.

L_V - I've seen what C_V is doing.

It's not a hundred thousand rules BUT it is going to take an pretty good programmer.

My opinion - dont pay him for the coding, cut him in on the profits.

Personally if I was CV, I'd go the geek route or do it myself.
Profit sharing start to raise the issue of IP ownership, liability, capital injection.
The kind of stuff that will rear its head sooner or later if not dealt with at the start.

Your initial suggestion is probably best, get a geek in.
You could always feed in a few duff parameters - stops, entry time window,
instrument, trade management etc.
Then replace with the proper data once the code is done.

TBH though, you also have the problem of numerous exchanges with the
programmer for backtesting and forwards testing.

Tough one really.
Thats why I just kept it simple and did it myself.