Should WallStreet1928 be given 1 last chance to post live calls this week?

Should WallStreet1928 be allowed to post live calls this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
pah. come on mods shouldn't be allowed to vote they are supposed to be impartial. take the 2 mods off and the yes' are still in the lead.:LOL:

does that go for the 2 ex mods that have voted also? voting pattern emerging there i thought.

if that the case i think it fair ws's blog members be removed from the yes vote, don't get a favourable vote we could follow the irish and do it all again, now that's democracy (y)

I dunno 'bout that guy. Either he's for real and his ego just gets in the way of everything, or he's a fraud and his ego just gets in the way of everything.

I would have liked to see some genuine live calls, but he also did overstep his boundaries.

I'm neutral on this one.

Ditto. It is a shame that it's come to this. I guess I liked to believe that he was raping the market. His analyses seemed right but I haven't focused too closely on everything.

Ditto. It is a shame that it's come to this. I guess I liked to believe that he was raping the market. His analyses seemed right but I haven't focused too closely on everything.

This forum has been running for 10+ years...It baffles me that someone like WallStreet1928 can still generate so much attention...

BBB

Bull**** baffles brains.

The Popes uses it, the Queen uses it. Hitler used it, Lenin used it, Wallstreet uses it----- there's nothing new in this world.

As the hare already knows, mods are impartial and if it was any other way, then we simply would'nt do it.

I understand what you mean, and in fairness, you dont always act in Mr Sharkys best interests. Banning WS is a good example, although of course you must concede those instances where posts critical of official T2W partners have been deleted etc.

I'm not entirly sure that impartiality is such a good thing, in fact, its possibly one of the sites biggest problems. Take someone like Mr Spreadbetting, or WS1928, I know that you know the score. Anyone whose been around for a while knows the score. But its precisely during the period that the mods remain impartial that most damage gets done.

Whats the point of having moderators with trading experience if you dont want to utilise that experience and make the site a better place for it ?

I understand what you mean, and in fairness, you dont always act in Mr Sharkys best interests. Banning WS is a good example, although of course you must concede those instances where posts critical of official T2W partners have been deleted etc.

I'm not really aware of any instances where members points are not allowed to be aired. What I and other mods object to is when after the point is made, certain members simply keep going on and on and on about it untill it becomes more tiresome than the original point being made.

I'm not entirly sure that impartiality is such a good thing, in fact, its possibly one of the sites biggest problems. Take someone like Mr Spreadbetting, or WS1928, I know that you know the score. Anyone whose been around for a while knows the score. But its precisely during the period that the mods remain impartial that most damage gets done.

Well in all fairness we do act on the whole in the members best interests. Members raise issues via the report post or report PM function with a reason why they are reporting. So they are asking us to take a look on their behalf and deal with the situation. Sometimes it is not at all clear what we are to do and more time / investigation is needed until a more complete picture emerges.
Impartiallity is central to this as members reports are wide and varied.

Whats the point of having moderators with trading experience if you dont want to utilise that experience and make the site a better place for it ?

Some members are obviously more clued up than others (just the same in the outside world) and are capable of sorting the wheat from the chaff, but in just the same way, members have to do their own due diligence before committing to, vendors / services / other members etc.

The members here do a cracking job questioning and exposing everything that they see as dodgy, and long may that continue. But it is not our job to pre-empt this process and do this on their behalf. It's all part of the learning curve.

Thanks hare, this is an entirely reasonable post so hopefully I have addressed it in the same manner.

Thanks hare, this is an entirely reasonable post so hopefully I have addressed it in the same manner.

Yes absolutely, and I appreciate that moderation is not an easy task. There's probably a tendancy to see and discuss those rare instances when thing go wrong, rather than the majority of times when the mod team do a good job.

I suppose that if pushed, I'd probably have to agree with the principle that everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and that principle has to apply to vendors too.

If you give them enough rope, they usually hang themselves.

Yes absolutely, and I appreciate that moderation is not an easy task. There's probably a tendancy to see and discuss those rare instances when thing go wrong, rather than the majority of times when the mod team do a good job.

I suppose that if pushed, I'd probably have to agree with the principle that everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and that principle has to apply to vendors too.

If you give them enough rope, they usually hang themselves.

You going all softy with the mods now??

Must be Christmas time, 'tis the season to be jolly :p

Peter

Just down a side track for a moment...although its been alluded to......
Is T2W categorically a for profit forum?

well there we have it the yes' have it by a nose. so the people have spoken we want the live calls. come on sharky 1 last chance for him.

well there we have it the yes' have it by a nose. so the people have spoken we want the live calls. come on sharky 1 last chance for him.

Start another poll::idea:

Should sharky do what MajorDutch is asking him to do and give wallstreet1928 1 last chance to post a live calls thread?