Seeking consistency

Re: Eur aud

Lucky or unlucky?

Euro has been weaker than aud today, trade gapped down on my chart and continued to fall (thats very lucky) to 0.004pips above my take profit (that is not quite so lucky!)

I have nothing to lose (stop was at break even before Fridays US close and I have just moved to todays high @ 1.41 50 which locks in 150 pips), so will leave the trade running and see what happens.

Thanks you very much pozzyp for your kind post

The daily moving averages that I look at have just crossed to the short side, aligning them with the 4H trend

I have a trigger (shooting star) on the hourly chart at 61.8% retrace of the previous, admittedly relatively small 4H downward move

I entered the position yesterday and it has moved very little over night. There is no news today, so I am waiting to see how this pair close the week

Gpb cad / usd cad

News due at mid-day (BST) for CAD

My GPB CAD offers the best potential opportunity as both my daily and 4Hourly time-frames are indicating down trends and the news release may present an entry opportunity to watch out for. However, there is a significant UK news release throughout this afternoon, so I am nervous about any GPB pair for the next 12 to 24 hours.

I shall check the GBP CAD and USD CAD charts early this afternoon, as the USD CAD, whist conflicting on the Daily time-frame (long) and 4Hourly (short) may still print an entry trigger for a short trade @around 1.02 50 to 1.02 75, where I have fib levels from last weeks high to yesterdays (new) lower low.

Christian @ Saxo has a 1.02 00 to 1.02 75 range today, looking for a long trade off 1.02.25 for 50pips. So we have similar levels but opposite perceptions of the direction to trade!

both charts are attached

Attachments

• usd cad 22 jun.10.jpg
    usd cad 22 jun.10.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 191
  • gbp cad 22 jun.10.jpg
    gbp cad 22 jun.10.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Re: Gpb cad / usd cad

News due at mid-day (BST) for CAD
No trigger at the level I was hoping for (usd cad did rally to my lower entry level @ 1.02 50 and retreat quickly, but support @ the 1.02 00 level seems to still be holding

gbp cad didn't even rally to its 4H 20ema level, never mind the fib retracement I was looking for, before posting a low just below last weeks lowest level

So no entries for me on either pair at this time

Aud usd

I have a down trend on my Daily and 4Hourly charts

The 4H has retraced into resistance and printed a confirmed Lower High on the 1H chart

I have an order at .852 stop at .857 (-50) with a target of .832 second target .806

Let's see if it gets opened and then where it goes, no significant Aud news scheduled tonight

Re: Aud usd

I have a down trend on my Daily and 4Hourly charts

The 4H has retraced into resistance and printed a confirmed Lower High on the 1H chart

I have an order at .852 stop at .857 (-50) with a target of .832 second target .806

Stop hit on this on the rally this afternoon, having woken up to the trade that had opened in the early hours of the morning and moved into profit
With hindsight I should have moved my stop to break-even then, but my aim was to hold and possibly add to the position.
Looking for some other opportunities now

Re: Gold - daily bull channel failed - what about the weekly one?

I have been following gold up for a while as it has been holding in a channel. However, unless today sees a big recovery, my channel (4 hour & daily) has been broken

I have looked back in time and see that there is also a weekly channel, indicating an entry (long) in the next week or so at around 1130. Will it go that low & then 'bounce'?
On my weekly chart I have a hammer printed for last week, I have taken a small long position at 1200 (Monday evening) that is now at break even after yesterdays strong move.

The weekly hammer didn't touch my target level, with a low of 1185, but I like the weekly hammer candle indicating a rejection of lower prices and hope to be able to add to my position if the change in direction (ie back to long for gold) holds up

Attachments

• gold 12 july 10 set up (weekly).jpg
    gold 12 july 10 set up (weekly).jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 166
  • gold 12 july 10 trigger (1hour).jpg
    gold 12 july 10 trigger (1hour).jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 161
eur usd bullish?

My eur usd daily chart is long (by my indicators) as is the 4H

I am looking for entry triggers for a long trade on the lower time-frame charts today @ around 1.26 00 to 1.26 30 level (being fib retracements of yesterdays up move)

If I spot an entry (there is no euro news today, so perhaps US announcements @ 1:30 or 7:00 may offer something) my target is the next daily Support/Resistance level of 1.31 00 (Swing High May 10, Low of Apr 28th)

here's my 4H chart

Attachments

• eur usd 14  jul.10.jpg
    eur usd 14 jul.10.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 199
usd cad entry set up

My daily chart indicators have just turned to short, in alignment with the 4 hour ones

I have spotted a trigger short on the 1H time frame this morning, ideally I would have preferred a pull back to an entry at a higher price, but as there is no CAD news today and the first piece of major news is USD this afternoon I decided to take it.

Higher prices have been rejected at around this level for most of this week

lets see whether this trigger is valid or not

here's the 1H chart showing my trigger shooting star candle

Christian @ Saxo says 1.03 55 appears to be capping price for a move to 1.02 50, but if 1.03 55 is breached expect 1.04 60 as next resistance before the move down

Attachments

• usd cad 15  jul.10.jpg
    usd cad 15 jul.10.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Re: usd cad entry set up

My daily chart indicators have just turned to short, in alignment with the 4 hour ones

I have spotted a trigger short on the 1H time frame this morning, ideally I would have preferred a pull back to an entry at a higher price, but as there is no CAD news today and the first piece of major news is USD this afternoon I decided to take it.

Higher prices have been rejected at around this level for most of this week

here's the 1H chart showing my trigger shooting star candle

Christian @ Saxo says 1.03 55 appears to be capping price for a move to 1.02 50, but if 1.03 55 is breached expect 1.04 60 as next resistance before the move down

Nice chart,

I like to trade reversal bars off resistance like that aswell. (y)

Price has dropped this morning with the USDollar weakness in the FX markets, I have now moved my stop to break-even, should the sentiment change this afternoon I will not lose anything and may get the higher entry I was really hoping for

Price has dropped this morning with the USDollar weakness in the FX markets, I have now moved my stop to break-even, should the sentiment change this afternoon I will not lose anything and may get the higher entry I was really hoping for

Stop hit @ be

much happier to be shorting from this level (now 1.04 10 / 1.04 30), but I haven't got a signal to trigger me in!
I hope you took your 50+ pips profit at the bottom of the range 1.02 80 / 1.03 00 pozzyp, I was hoping for a break through for a more sustained move - thanks for your contribution

Last edited:
aud usd long?

my daily chart and 4H chart indicators are long, yesterdays daily printed a new higher high
attached are the 4H set up and 1H trigger charts for a potential long
I know I am heading into significant resistance, I am hoping the 4H ema (red line) will continue to act as support to price as it battles upwards

Christian @ Saxo buys a bit lower, with a tighter stop: 87 70 for 88 60 stop @ 87 45

lets see what happens with this pair

Attachments

• aud usd 15  jul.10 set up.jpg
    aud usd 15 jul.10 set up.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 589
  • aud usd 15  jul.10 trigger.jpg
    aud usd 15 jul.10 trigger.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 147

Stop hit @ be

Here is the awaited trigger (1H tf)

Christian @ Saxo is looking for entry around 1.04 60 for 1.03 85 with a 1.05 00 stop
This entry is @ 1.04 40 with a stop at 1.04 80 - lets see where it goes

Attachments

• aud usd 16  jul.10  trigger.jpg
    aud usd 16 jul.10 trigger.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 161

Christian @ Saxo is looking for entry around 1.04 60 for 1.03 85 with a 1.05 00 stop

It looks promising – a bar that looks like a pin bar on hourly chart.

Last edited:

Stopped out for -40 pips
Usually looking for news to give me an entry, I totally omitted to check the fact that there was CAD news @1:30 and USD @ 2:00, when I took the 11am trigger candle

I thought you put stop at 10500:(
No, I just took the shooting star as it printed, Saxo Banks recommendation was above 1.05 00
Not been a good end of the week for me, both CAD & AUD hit stops this afternoon, putting me down by 130 pips between them

No, I just took the shooting star as it printed, Saxo Banks recommendation was above 1.05 00
Not been a good end of the week for me, both CAD & AUD hit stops this afternoon, putting me down by 130 pips between them

Good point – if the reason for the entry is the shooting star. Once it failed no need to stay in the trade.

Anyway that's trading business. I found it difficult to be profitable every single day.