Seeking consistency

Re: indices (SnP)

I have taken a long position @ 1181 on SnP, stop is @ 1174 and target is 1188, which is only 1:1 risk / reward

target hit = +70
cumulative results so far:
(second column is the running total result)
GPB USD 0 0
JPY USD -35 -35
CAD USD -20 -55
JPY USD -30 -85
GBP USD 0 -85
EUR GBP+160 +75
SnP +70 +145

Re: aud usd - up date

I have moved my stop on this trade to break even, in the hope that the hourly support level @ 0.92 75 holds over night

Price is pulling back into the 20/50 4 hourly and 50% 61.8% fib retracement levels

the hourly indicates a rejection of 0.92 20 area, lets see if this can hold as support
(Christian is looking to buy dips to 0.92 40 for 0.93) I'm setting a higher target, based on my 4h channel of 0.94, just below this years high

aud jpy

I have placed an order to go long aud jpy (as well as the aud usd that is already open and stop at breakeven). I missed the first potential entry and am hoping that the last hourly hammer and the overnight low hold for a continued move higher)

Entry 86.80
Stop 86.60
target 88.00
Risk 20 reward 120 - let see if it gets opened

Attachments

• aud jpy 09 apr.10.jpg
    aud jpy 09 apr.10.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 163
  • aud jpy 09 apr.10  set up.jpg
    aud jpy 09 apr.10 set up.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 147
usd cad

the only news event scheduled for today is the CAD (unemployment) at midday (UK time)

I am looking for an opportunity to get short, should a suitable set up candle appear in the zone I have highlighted

Attachments

• usd cad 09 apr.10.jpg
    usd cad 09 apr.10.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 202
eur usd

looking for a potential short position today or early next week

Attachments

• eur usd 09 apr.10.jpg
    eur usd 09 apr.10.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 163
Re: aud jpy

I have just removed this order as price has moved twice the distance from my entry level that my stop was. First and second opportunity missed puts this one off my watch list for now

I have placed an order to go long aud jpy (as well as the aud usd that is already open and stop at breakeven). I missed the first potential entry and am hoping that the last hourly hammer and the overnight low hold for a continued move higher)

Entry 86.80
Stop 86.60
target 88.00
Risk 20 reward 120 - let see if it gets opened

Frustartated, re: gbp usd

What did I say I was going to do yesterday?
Did I?
No

and whats happened?

Once again my long trade has been stopped out at break even.

It seems that the price is trading in a narrowing range and as there is big news out today I am looking to take a trade in the direction of the break out of the range. Broadly long above 1.53 00 and short below 1.51 00 (fx500 club have notified of similar set ups, Christian is looking to continue buying the low 1.51 85 to the top of the range 1 52.60)

Attachments

• gbp usd 09 apr.10.jpg
    gbp usd 09 apr.10.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 162
Re: Seeking consistency results to date

Not too sure if this is going to load and be legible, but I'll give it a go

Attachments

• 2010-04-09_1240_results.png
    2010-04-09_1240_results.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 174
Re: usd cad - entry set up (15 min time-frame)

entry trigger

the only news event scheduled for today is the CAD (unemployment) at midday (UK time)

I am looking for an opportunity to get short, should a suitable set up candle appear in the zone I have highlighted

Attachments

• usd cad 09 apr.10 set up.jpg
    usd cad 09 apr.10 set up.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
eur gbp

Daily trend is down, last 4hrly candle shooting star

but, last swing low was higher low, 4 hourly 20 is above 50 which is bullish, how ever below Daily 20 which is bearish

Conflicting signals on this pair, will the daily down trend hold or will the pull back be further. I have left a few pips of breathing space to hopefully avoid my position being opened and then price whizzing off long and taking out my stop.

Lets see the last short trade on this pair was a very good one for me

Attachments

• eur gbp 19 apr.10 set up.jpg
    eur gbp 19 apr.10 set up.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 173
Re: eur gbp Cancelled Order

Failed 4hr shooting star candle set up

Daily trend is down, last 4hrly candle shooting star

but, last swing low was higher low, 4 hourly 20 is above 50 which is bullish, how ever below Daily 20 which is bearish

Conflicting signals on this pair, will the daily down trend hold or will the pull back be further. I have left a few pips of breathing space to hopefully avoid my position being opened and then price whizzing off long and taking out my stop.

Lets see the last short trade on this pair was a very good one for me

eur aud

price has reached the top of my 4hr channel and printed a shooting star
I am taking the short position with the Daily 20ma and daily trend against the 4hour moving averages.

I will keep a close eye on this one and hope to be able to get to breakeven (if my order triggers) before the 4hour trend is proven to be the turning point against the daily (which is stronger, but also slower to react)

Here's my chart

Attachments

• eur aud 19 apr.10 set up.jpg
    eur aud 19 apr.10 set up.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 171
usd cad

Is this 4 hourly shooting star a potential trigger to get short?

If my order opens I will monitor closely and aim to have my stop to breakeven when price gets down to the 4hour 20ema

Lets see if this is a continuation of the strong daily down trend for this pair, or if the 4 hourly golden cross up is actually the first indication of a sentiment change to favour the bulls

Attachments

• usd cad 19 apr.10 set up.jpg
    usd cad 19 apr.10 set up.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 163
Re: eur aud

stop moved to break even

price has reached the top of my 4hr channel and printed a shooting star
I am taking the short position with the Daily 20ma and daily trend against the 4hour moving averages.

I will keep a close eye on this one and hope to be able to get to breakeven (if my order triggers) before the 4hour trend is proven to be the turning point against the daily (which is stronger, but also slower to react)

Here's my chart

Re: usd cad

order was triggered yesterday
stop moved to break even

Is this 4 hourly shooting star a potential trigger to get short?

If my order opens I will monitor closely and aim to have my stop to breakeven when price gets down to the 4hour 20ema

Lets see if this is a continuation of the strong daily down trend for this pair, or if the 4 hourly golden cross up is actually the first indication of a sentiment change to favour the bulls

aud usd

possible re-entry to Daily up trend?

I hourly hammer off 4 hr 20ma & 50ma's (acting as support since yesterday am)
lets see if this is a good trigger to see the 4hourly ma's cross back over into a bullish position (4hr ma's are already above of the dailys which is positive for a long position)

Attachments

• aud usd 21 apr.10 set up.jpg
    aud usd 21 apr.10 set up.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 159
Re: aud usd

Invalidated set up order cancelled

possible re-entry to Daily up trend?

I hourly hammer off 4 hr 20ma & 50ma's (acting as support since yesterday am)
lets see if this is a good trigger to see the 4hourly ma's cross back over into a bullish position (4hr ma's are already above of the dailys which is positive for a long position)